Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
sometimes reality just thins out a bit
    #3390790 - 11/20/04 10:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This last Thursday I was walking to school from the bus stop. The walk is roughly four blocks and the duration of it is along a cemetery. It was a rainy day and I was in a good mood due to this fact.

As I'm walking I began to feel a little funny. My mind started racing and I kinda felt like I was on the down half of a good night of shrooms. Now I had smoked about a half hour prior, but I smoke all the time and in moderate amounts, so by no means was I blasted.

As I walked everything seemed different, almost as if it was fake. For a moment I felt as if the world were no more than the set of a high budget film, with elaborate details and cunningly placed extras. The kid snoozing in his car, the woman that smiled as I walked by, even the dog taking a dump across the street all seemed somehow contrived in some way. This all led to a feeling that I was the only real person.

Now Ive entertained the notion that I'm the only conscious being, perhaps being tested for some position in worlds beyond, but this is little more than a mental game I play with myself. This experience may not have seemed so out of the ordinary if it weren't for another feeling that began to occur simultaneously.

All at once it was as if I was nothing at all, no more than a moving lifeless camera panning my surroundings. My ego crumbled as things began to seem so much greater than what I had formerly called... well "I" or me I suppose.

The juxtaposition of these two senses of the world made everything seem so thin. I cant really explain it any other way. It seemed that if it went on any longer that I might just see through what I was seeing. Of course four blocks only takes about five minutes to traverse so reality kinda slapped me in the face a little sooner than I would have liked. Still the whole day had a strange aura about it.

Just thought Id share that since there isn't too much goin on right now.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: beejay]
    #3390877 - 11/20/04 11:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i know what you mean about thinking maybe you're the only real person. it's weird.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3390894 - 11/20/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah it is. I had this idea that reality was only filled in as far as I could physically sense. by that I mean physical things are only existing where I can see or feel them. Otherwise nothing there.
Matter is used minimaly to fill in the spaces that I can feel, hear, see etc. You can really screw with your brain by thinking about that stuff huh?

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3390898 - 11/20/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe Im not really here and am only reminding you that indeed you are the only real person :wink: Food for thought.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3390914 - 11/20/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

great post..it's hard to put words to that feeling, the irony of the "real" world we live in everyday not being real at all.  i like how you described that feeling :thumbup:  i feel this a lot, the only time i ever seem to see the world as it should be is when i'm out of view of all powerlines, cars, cities, roads, and buildings..nothing but grass, sky, trees, mountains, and whatever animals want to keep me company. this is when i feel complete and the most real. i'm pretty lucky to be able to go to places like this..keeps a nice perspective on things when i have to come back to go to work in order to make my rent

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Hendostan]
    #3390928 - 11/20/04 11:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sometimes i get the feeling that i'm still asleep and dreaming... usually i snap out of it, but i got to thinking - if i got this feeling for a few days in a row, i think it could really screw with me... if it's only for an hour or two, i can dismiss it - but if it lasted for multiple days, then i don't know if i would be able to "ground" myself and reassure myself of my "waking" consciousness..

it's like that chuang tzu saying - "i had a dream that i was a butterfly, and when i awoke, i did not know if i was chuang tzu who dreamt he was a butterfly, or if i was a butterfly dreaming he was chuang tzu"

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Hendostan]
    #3390937 - 11/20/04 11:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah nature is key. That reminds me. The other side of the road is a forest preserve. I was walking home at 9:00 pm or so a couple days prior. Again it was a gloomy type of evening, so I was feeling great (man I need to move somewhere like Seattle where it rains all the time). This time I was on the forested side and I see a dear about 12 feet away. Of course there was a stupid fence in my way, but it was a young buck. He was roughing his remaining antler on a nearby tree, trying to shed it I assume. I watched unnoticed for about five minutes as he tried to wedge his antler between some brancehes in an attempt to dislodge it. Finally he glanced over his shoulder, unafraid, then began to munch on the few remaining tree leaves. After a short while he slowly made his way into the woods, stopping occasionaly to grab a bite. Little things in life like this make me smile big big :smile:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Edited by beejay (11/20/04 11:38 PM)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Krishna]
    #3390945 - 11/20/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I love that quote. I had almost forgotten about it. I sometimes wonder whether these feelings are bits of enlightenment or just remnants of what used to be a fully healthy mind. Its hard to say whether or not I would have these experiences had I not tried mind altering drugs. I suppose I'll never know, but all the same I enjoy my different views of the world.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #3391044 - 11/20/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

iv had hat same idea befor
and of course the "others" created you to make tis post to throw me ff there tracks
well im not gonna fall for it!

:wink:

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: notapillow]
    #3391096 - 11/21/04 12:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey pillow, from one fake person to a real one, how do you put pics along side one another like in you sig? I want to reformat my painting thread so it isnt one long stream of pics. I want em in a grid if possible.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

OfflineAnthrax
Werd

Loc: GAINESVILLE, Fl
Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: notapillow]
    #3391121 - 11/21/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sometime I get this feeling but only certain times of year like fall i get this unusally strange natural high sort of and I go into a daze and wonder about all life and all but I kindof enjoy it because right then you know your alone for the little time you have alone ya know no one can mess with you on your plane at all when you come down some times its a bitch slap in the face...

--------------------

Werd

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: Anthrax]
    #3391167 - 11/21/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey man welcome to the shroomery.
:cheers:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

OfflineAnthrax
Werd

#3391218 - 11/21/04 12:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

thanks...my friend is on here a bit he turned me onto it...I think this is like the greatest place to come out and chill

--------------------

Werd

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3391290 - 11/21/04 12:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It tis it tis... careful though, it sucks you in. Before you know it youve turned into a typing zombie. Its too late for me, but save yourself. Wait dont listen to me, stick around, your in good company. Dam split personality disorder.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

OfflineAnthrax
Werd

#3391321 - 11/21/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

heh I willz

man I wish I could add my sig pic but its to big bah >.<

--------------------

Werd

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3391780 - 11/21/04 03:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ya, most of us tend to form some sort of split personality. i think it has alot to do with staying up at all odd hours of the night feeding our addiction.....a sort of shroomery-psycosis.

but nah, its actually really cool. all kinds of really cool people here, with wide open arms of acceptance, love and before ya know it, you feel like you are part of a cult...

i mean family! yes, a big happy family!

get out while you stil can...

but stay, drink a few beers with us, we arent so bad....really

just dont let mndfreeze into your tent after dark, he will make you do naughty naughty things....

welcome! :crazy2:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3391848 - 11/21/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i think that everyday

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinepantsboy
I troll because I care.
Female User Gallery

Loc: 8====D ~o
Re: sometimes reality just thins out a bit [Re: barfightlard]
    #3395717 - 11/22/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I think that has happened to everyone one time or another and that every now and then people lose a sense of reality and slip in to a dream like state. On rare occasions however this may actually be the cause of an excess amount of ions in the air making the air polarized. The polarization of the winds causes animals and people to act and feel unusual and different climates, bizzare weather conditions spontaneously occur. Countries surrounding the alps experience this regularily but it can occur in areas without mountains, in some mid-continental regions, and along the coasts but it's just more rare. I doubt that this is the cause of anybody's experience but I just thought I'd bring up an interesting point.

--------------------
Acid doesn't hurt when you're on fire. :frown:

"Mushrooms are only similar to penises in their appearance." - LeBron James (2013)

ToiletDuk said:
"Bus squelching is not to be laughed at."

InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
    #3395823 - 11/22/04 11:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ive felt that way before.... it always goes away though  :mad:
I like to pretend I'm in a movie sometimes and that I'm a spy. Its fun and entertaining if I'm bored someplace.

Ps. I love your signature!

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3395954 - 11/22/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My ego crumbled as things began to seem so much greater than what I had formerly called... well "I" or me I suppose.

I find it interesting and yet rather congruous that you mentioned this detail. Through spiritual experiences and studies, I?ve learned that the egoic-self has an inherent tendency to create a ?mind-made story? through which everything happens, and with this aspect also comes the fact that the ego is an opaque screen of concepts through which everything is viewed.

In other words, when one is identified with their mind and ego, they live through their minds and egoic-selves which can create the ?fake-feeling? that many people report when they are in such heightened awareness during mind-bending hallucinogenic-trips.
In forceful magnitudes of hallucinogenic trips, or in certain moments of immediate danger, it forces one into the alive dimension of the Here-Now, and usually causes the ego and mind to suspend, albeit mostly temporarily.

This is because the mind and ego essentially needs time, i.e. past and future in order to be energized. So with this absence of the egoic self and mind-identification, comes the blissful surfacing of Being ? the Life, the very essence of all life-forms subject to birth and death, the Stillness that is obscured and buried underneath the incessant noise of compulsive and endless thinking which stems from identifying oneself with their mind and egos.

This state of Being ? Being cognition ? is inseparable from the timeless dimension of Here-Now, and it is only then, that one can truly feel and deeply know the sacredness, the holiness, the aliveness that is all around us, within all life everywhere, and deep within us.

Only when the mind is Still and Quiet?whether by practice of meditation or force of hallucinogenics, or otherwise.. can one experience this enlightened reality.

It?s simply the fact that so many people are sleeping in the spiritual slumber of mind-identification that prevents them from living this enlightened reality. Fortunately, most of us have had our fungi-friends to wake us the fuck up ? even if only for a brief time.

If anyone wants a very good book that discusses in-depth how to practice dis-identifying from the mind, and rejoicing back into Being-identification towards living an enlightened reality? The Power of NOW by Eckhart Tolle is the book to read.

If you have a taste for 'heavy-reading', you can try Dr. Abraham Maslow's "The Farther Reaches of Human Nature" for a more in-depth on Being-cognition [which the state of wholeness that is prevalent in all healthy children and becomes obscured by Deficiency-cognition as one becomes more identified with their mind/ego].

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub