Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
"Reality" TV shows needs to DIE!
    #1340687 - 02/27/03 01:37 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Who started it all? I guess if you want to jump in the 'way-way back machine' and go back to TVs beginings you could make an argument that "This is your life" was one of the first reality shows. But I prefer to think of it as more of a game show (I exclude game shows and news programs from the reality category). To me the first reality show would be Candid Camera. It was truly groundbreaking TV for its time (early 70s I think).

Then sometime in the late 80s/early 90s a bunch of programs appeared. Cops, Real World/Road Rules, Funniest Home Videos, etc. At this point I thought it was getting silly but I still found it somewhat entertaining (how could you not love a program entitled 'When animals attack' or 'Good pets gone bad').

And then "Survivor" stormed upon the scene and things just went fucking nuts. I never watched survivor because I thought the premise was stupid. But right on its heels came a million others. I wouldn't even begin to list them because a) I don't have the patience to think about it and b) I've never watched any of them. All I know is that the next time some schmuck asks me if I think Joe Longdick is gonna pick Bambi or Candy for his next date....well, I won't be responsible for my actions!

Please people...stop watching these programs!! As long as they have ratings they will never go away!! And I really don't want to be held accountable for punching some old woman in line at the supermarket when she asks me who I voted for on "American Dipshit"!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrass
Explorer of theMind

Re: "Reality" TV shows needs to DIE! [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #1340722 - 02/27/03 02:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I never really watched any of those reality shows.. I dunno they never really bugged me, I only really watch history type stuff/cartoons (simpsons/south park),and a few other ones.

IMO People not only need to stop watching these realility shows, but stop watching so much TV in general.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1341088 - 02/27/03 05:32 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine thinks that these TV shows are social experiments in mass thought manipulation devised by a secret branch of the Tavistock Institute in London.
Go figure.  :confused: 

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#1341178 - 02/27/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i like survivor and fear factor...that's about it

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: "Reality" TV shows needs to DIE! [Re: ToTheSummit] * 1
    #1341193 - 02/27/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

they all do suck though dude... they're fuckin everywhere, every new show that comes out is a fuckin reality show, fuck them shits, i watch tv to escape reality not watch the shit

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

InvisibleMeat_Log_Smurf
FumbDuck

Loc: BFE
Re: "Reality" TV shows needs to DIE! [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1342601 - 02/28/03 11:08 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Piss off. The Surreal Life or whatever it was called was cool. Vince Niel is a funny cool mofo. I'd have to say that Corey Feldman is the biggest douchebag I've ever seen. Anyone see his fiance she was freakin gas? He must still have som of the money he made from the Goonies if a guy like that can score a chick that hot.

The above post is for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed to be real in any way. I am also unaware of any rights I may have, as I suffer from dementia.
- M_L_S

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: "Reality" TV shows needs to DIE! [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1342635 - 02/28/03 11:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just heard on the radio that the networks have some TWO DOZEN new "reality" shows in the works to be unleashed upon us this summer in lieu of the usual re-runs.
Even Roseanne (yes, the fat annoying whore) is going to have one.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: "Reality" TV shows needs to DIE! [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1342745 - 02/28/03 12:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

*can't decide whether to extreminate the population of earth or just bash his tv with a sledge hammer until it is no more*

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub