Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshroomies
Mailing goodies within the country?
    #330789 - 05/31/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey there I was wondering if anyone had some info about the security measures taken by the government to make sure stuff like buds/shrooms arent mailed around within the US? Has anyone done this successfuly/unsuccessfuly? Also what would be the safest method, overnight, ground, standard, USPS, UPS, FedEx? AFOAF wants to know because he will be going on a road trip soon and would like to mail us back some presents. Thanks!

nothing I see can be taken from me

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
Re: Mailing goodies within the country? [Re: shroomies]
    #330798 - 05/31/01 03:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Probaly standard mail would be the safest. I'm not sure if they can look through your mail to see if anything is illegal (I don't think they can), but even if they can they don't do it on an often basis (unless there is probable cause, like a box that reeks of reefer). I say use standard mail because that is the way that things are least looked at, because there's so damn much of it.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then I could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: Mailing goodies within the country? [Re: PotSmokinHippie]
    #330873 - 05/31/01 04:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Try FedEx ...hahaaha....j/k

Lana

http://www.apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/2000/04/14/fedex0414_01.html

Feds Finger FedEx Drivers in 121 Ton Marijuana Scheme
45 Arrested; Weapons and Cash Seized
April 14, 2000

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Making dozens of arrests, federal drug agents on Thursday broke up a Jamaican-led narcotics ring that employed bribed FedEx drivers in a scheme to distribute 121 tons of Mexican marijuana to East Coast markets.

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) said Memphis, Tenn.-based FedEx's top officials fully cooperated with the 18-month investigation, which has led to the arrests of 101 people since it began.

The latest arrests began shortly after midnight Thursday, and by late afternoon there had been 45 arrests, 22 of them FedEx employees, DEA agents said at a news conference. Rod Benson, assistant special agent of the DEA's special operations branch said he expected an additional 10 or 15 arrests.

Boxes sprinkled with detergents

Agents said the arresting officers also seized two tons of marijuana in West Coast warehouses, one under control of the Mexican group and another controlled by the Jamaican traffickers. They also seized 18 firearms and more than $4 million in cash and assets.

Related Story:

Agents: Drug Ring, FedEx Workers Shipped Marijuana

Donnie R. Marshall, acting DEA administrator, said that the operation marks the first time that marijuana smugglers have used a single, private, overnight-express delivery service as a distribution network.

Marshall said the smuggled marijuana was shipped in more than 4,000 cartons and boxes, some of them sprinkled with household detergents to try to mask the smell of the plastic-wrapped marijuana from drug-sniffing dogs.

$140 million retail value

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: Mailing goodies within the country? [Re: shroomies]
    #331192 - 05/31/01 11:19 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms are fairly safe to send in a regular envelope if theyre powdered, if not i'd get a larger envelope just make sure it looks discreet...With pot you have to be VERY careful though because of the smell. The people i've known that have done this wrap it in many bags and i've heard a bag then vaseline then another bag covers the smell..you could even go as far as to put it in a stuffed animal, then youre not so much at risk. If you do get caught for SOME reason, just deny all knowledge of the package and say its some sort of threat, and they can't do anything unless you've already opened it

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Offlineshroomies
Re: Mailing goodies within the country? [Re: Jenny]
    #332447 - 06/02/01 02:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well thanks for the info everyone! AFOAF just found out he isnt going on this road trip though :o(. No mushies for me and AF.

--------------------

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Mailing goodies within the country? [Re: Jenny]
    #337342 - 06/07/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Jenny! Vaselene works great but the best is VICKS ... peace and good luck

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"-Ween
Drool Donkey Island

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains