Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
props to karo
    #3357386 - 11/13/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i just wanted to give props to using karo to innoc. about a week ago i did this little experiment with my karo and regular syringe. i used 5 cc's of karo and 1cc of spore solution. and damn just damn. the karo jars are about 3/4 colonized where as to the normal ones are about 1/3 colonized. i know i know the reason for all this is because the germination for the spores is cut by using the karo and i did use more which gave a larger area of initial exposure. but i just wanted to say that i highly recomend it to anybody it fucking rocks.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledustz
prentice

Loc: Canadia
Re: props to karo [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3357411 - 11/13/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

karo worked perfectly for me the first time i tried it...glad to hear yours turned out well :smile:

how long can you keep colonized jars around before they're unusable? i have a few that have been sitting for about 2 months in a cool place...think they're ok?

Offlinelippy
Stranger
Re: props to karo [Re: dustz]
    #3357426 - 11/13/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

poker tells...?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3357431 - 11/13/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Indeed Karo is awsome.

All your favorite strains, "on tap" , right there in your fridge.........how can you beat that?? :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: props to karo [Re: lippy]
    #3357435 - 11/13/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im still a newb but i think you could keep a karo jar for a long ass time, guesing 6 months after it is colonized as long as you keep it in a cool place to slow the mycelium growth. and as long ass it doesnt get contamed. but i am no expert on this in any way shape or form that is all speculation to me. but hey try it out if its no good you lost nothing right. and pm me and let me know how it goes. peace

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: props to karo [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3357437 - 11/13/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

mad props to KARO.

i wonder how it taastes?>

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: props to karo [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3357440 - 11/13/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet magical joy :wink:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3357450 - 11/13/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey Psilocybeingzz out of curiosity how do you keep them in the fridge. do you just put them in with some saran wrap around them or what. im thinking if you throw them in with saran wrap coffee filter and aluminum foil it would be pretty safe. right now mine are still in the incubation chamber cause they are around 3 weeks old and every day im like wow. now mine is getting pretty milky and i need to transfer it to the fridge and i want to know how some experienced people do it. sorry if this sounds pretty random im pretty fucking drunk right now. peace

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3357460 - 11/13/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"sorry if this sounds pretty random im pretty fucking drunk right now. peace"

:grin: thats ok.

I just put mine in the butter cabinet, its big enough for 3 little half pints, but now that I think about it, if I wanted more jars I might have to wrap them up to prevent light from hitting them.

For now, I have the option of 3 strains, "on tap"
(I just love saying that........mushroom strains on tap :grin: )

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3357462 - 11/13/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

holy shit 4hodmt that is fucking genius i never thought about that but you can drink it and trip. hmmmmmmm i wonder how this will compare to waiting to actually grow the shrooms. has anyone drank a karo jar before and please tell how it compares to shrooms and what not cause i got a jar just sitting around that i can spare.

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3357469 - 11/13/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dont get toooo excited. there isnt too much myc. int hat junk. even after like 2 months. and mycl isnt very potent. i hear u really need to eat like a pint of PF cakes to kinda get going.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3357472 - 11/13/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

your right you do need to keep light hmmm going to have to think on this in the morning when my head is clearer but im seriously thinking about drinking my jar right now if i dont get any post soon on someone i will do it. and just look for my link in the trip tips if it goes this way.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3357476 - 11/13/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

damn hopes shot down. oh well might get a hair up my ass anyways.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3357480 - 11/13/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Not that I am thinking about doing this myself..............BUT, ingesting a little syrain rue and a jar of Karo might work.

But then again 1/2 a gram to a gram of actually mushrooms and Karo can be a great experience..............so why drink Karo.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: props to karo [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3357491 - 11/13/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

alright the decision is done im going to do it i hope all turns out well and it dont kill my stomach. ill fill you guys in.

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3357507 - 11/13/04 08:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dont wanna sound like an ass but. if u put the solution up ur bum, any free floating psicolin would absorb faster than if u snorted it. thats if u want honey in ur bum, lol.

that syran rue + karo sounds like it may work. whip urself up like a couple quarts though.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3357541 - 11/13/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

4hodmt you are right rectaly would be quicker but thats sick. im going to think about it tommorow to see if you could do it IV. that would be pretty damn quick but for some reason it seems wrong in so many ways.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3357826 - 11/13/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There wouldnt be enough myc in a liquid culture to do anything to you. It would take 1/2 a 1/2pint cake fully colonized to get someone off so if you have a 100ml liquid culture it would need to be pretty much solidly colonized..maybe if you had 100ml of karo and could get that to colonize you'd trip.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: props to karo [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3357892 - 11/13/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

its been nearly 2 hours and nuthin. not worth it but hey someone had to try it out right.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3357919 - 11/13/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Not really...I already knew exactly what would happen without trying it. Theres only going to be so much psilocybin and psilocin in myc and its been tested many times that its not the same amount as in mushrooms and a normal liquid culture won't even have half a gram of wet myc..the testing was done long ago..you think you'd have been the first person to think about that? Things are done the way they're done for a reason, now you know the reason people dont drink liquid cultures  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag