Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
correlation between dreams and trips
    #3343204 - 11/10/04 08:30 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

This is something ive been thinking about for a while and am not really quite sure how to put.

I dream incredibly heavily, i have at least 1 memorable dream every night and  can remember them vividly, sometimes so much so that it blurs into reality and i store them as memories as things that really happened. Very strange and confusing sometimes. The odd thing is, I have never had a bad dream or nightmare, very rarely things look liike they are going the wrong way but always turn into something amusing.

What I am wondering is, is it more likely for people who have lots of nightmares to be more prone to bad trips, and for people like me who never have nightmares to be less likely to have bad trips?

Im tripping tomorrow by the way on my homegrown EQs :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: bubkuss]
    #3343281 - 11/10/04 08:49 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

I've often wondered about the link between dreams and tripping as well. I can't say that I know the answer to your question though, but I have had a few dreams that I felt for sure I was tripping. Some dreams I dreamed of what I thought tripping would be like and I saw all sorts of crazy colors and cool stuff. And then I had this one absolute nightmare about a month or two ago that I felt SURELY must be similar to a bad trip it was that fucking scary. Weird alien monster animal type creatures that spoke some sort of different language just hiding in this weird spot looking at me and I KNEW they wanted to do me harm. And then I sorta woke up and it stopped, went back to bed and the dream sorta continued. It started up fine cause those creature things were gone, but it quickly went bad again! Crazy what dreams can do to you, but I fucking love them haha

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: punkgod94]
    #3343423 - 11/10/04 09:24 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

funnily enough ive dreamt about mushrooms 3 times in the last week. The last one i woke up bolt up right and looked at my room thinking i was on shrooms, everything was normal but in my head the walls were morphing. I went back to sleep and this happened 3 more times. very strange, but fun, like a mini trip :thumbup:

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: bubkuss]
    #3344069 - 11/10/04 11:58 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Wow this topic caught my attention....About 2 weeks ago I started having dreams each night that were so clear and I could remember each and every one. Instantly when I wooke in the morning I remembered all I dreamed about in the night. Sometimes I wake up at an exciting part in the dream, and go back to sleep 5 minutes later, and the dream contines.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: balls]
    #3344932 - 11/11/04 02:51 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

A month or two ago I tripped on a relatively large dose, fairly hard. I had strange flashes of images and memories from dreams I had been having, probably over the last 2-3 weeks. I can't remember anything specific. Each sort of deja vousish flashback was an unquantifiable length of time. By the time I was trying to focus on what it was, something new had come into my head. Crazy feeling though. These were mostly dreams that I hadn't thought of (that I know of) since I had them.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3344955 - 11/11/04 02:58 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Sorry, i can't answer your question, but i have had very trippy dreams before. One time in a dream i found myself sitting in front of a white wall that was sectioned into 4 equal parts and each one had the same psychedelic swirling patterns. Immediately i turned into this enormous colorful band of energy and merged with this very old tree, and went up the main stock and i, the energy spread throughout the branches. When i reached the tips of each branches, the energy released from the tree and i was one with the cosmos. It was the most beautiful thing i've ever dreamt of. One with all. I know that dream had some meaning. I later found out the white wall and visuals were linked to a kif experience months prior.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: correlation between dreams and trips [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3345936 - 11/11/04 11:22 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I want to comment about scary dreams and bad trips. I have had many scary dreams, like fighting with zombies and getting killed/mutilated myself, but they have not scared me as much as my only bad trip(out of many good ones)

If i have a nightmare, i could wake up, or just suffer a bit and then continue the day without any scary afterthouhts. On a scary mushroom trip, every second lasts like an ethernity and days after i analyze what went wrong and how to avoid such pain again.

Maybe this is because dreams are just dreams, journeys to other worlds or whatever, while trips are more real, modifications of our real selves in slightly new situations, but with great connection to reality and with thoughts and conslusions that seem relevant for our whole lives.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience