Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

The best way to battle addiction?
    #3335830 - 11/09/04 01:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have been a heavy drug user for the past four years, and because of recent events I have decided to stop using. I've been clean for only two days and I fear relapsing already. Its funny once you decide to cease drug use, its all you can think about.

If anyone knows of anything that helps this process please let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: wo_serotonin]
    #3335947 - 11/09/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, and you will probably feel like shit the next few days, maybe even weeks.
but if you really want to you can! and we're all here to support you so go for it and try to stay clean. Always remember that the shitty feeling isn't going to last as long as you think and that afterwards you'll be a free man again that lives his own life in stead of living the addiction.
good luck! :heart:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3335948 - 11/09/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

One thing I know for sure, and this may be hard for you..You need to hang around people who don't do drugs you are craving. Because that is just too much temptation for anyone. It may work for a while, but eventually you're going to give in.

Another thing is stay busy! Do something productive, do something to help someone else. The time you spend doing that is time you won't be doing drugs.

The only substance I've ever had trouble with is alcohol, and it was nothing too serious. So I can't speak from a lot of experience, but I'm sure others will come along after me and tell you what helped them.

Two days is a good start. Take it day by day, hour by hour and I'm sure you'll feel the cravings diminish. Best wishes to you!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: Jellric]
    #3335971 - 11/09/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I thank both of you for your support and opinions. As far as friends go I understand that hanging out with them will be extremely hard for me and my withdrawls, but as for right now I think my friends need to see someone moving in a positive direction as well. Im hoping to convince a few of them to come along with me for the ride, because at the rate there going I wont have many close friends still living.

We were all great friends that bonded through drugs, making what we all practiced seem normal. We all were down for anything as long as it took you somewhere, we didnt care see where it was takin us. So over the past 3 weeks Ive lost 3 very close friends on 3 seperate dates. We all started this lifestyle together and, now, is the only answer I can give as to when I have to give it up. And so here I am of all places without being able to sleep.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3335988 - 11/09/04 03:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. :frown:

Saving yourself and your friends, that's a heavy burden to be placing on yourself-just put on your boots and fight it like a war against a deadly enemy. Be on guard at all times and don't be afraid to reach outside for help and support. You can be there for your friends, but who will be there for you?

It sounds like you are at the proverbial crossroads in your life. It's going to take everything you've got and then probably more than you knew you had.

I've been lucky because most of my friends have not really had substance abuse problems except getting drunk occasionly or being pot heads.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: Jellric]
    #3336165 - 11/09/04 06:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im still without sleep, and feeling terrible, are sleeping pills an alternative or am I looking for more trouble?

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3336271 - 11/09/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

read something or maybe even go outside and run a few miles/lift weights or something like that to make you tired.
The sooner you'll be able to function normal the better!
I wouldn't start taking sleepingpills, later you'll really need those to get to sleep--> new addiction :tongue:

Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: stefan]
    #3336370 - 11/09/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah its too early to try to sleep now anyways. School will keep me busy for awhile or at least give me something to stare at other than this computer screen.

Has anyone gone through withdrawls similar to my own. How dangerous can withdrawls become?

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

#3338161 - 11/09/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The things you do to fill the void should be different and new experiences worth thinking about.
Easy examples:
-travel to new places
-find a hobby like growing mushrooms
-buy Halo 2
-start a workout routine
et cetera. Good luck.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: Society]
    #3338880 - 11/09/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I actually wouldn't mind doing anything on that list. I'm 21, and the most important thing I feel, is to start my life more or less. I've been living from fix to fix for too long. As of right now, I have no direction or focus, I suppose when I do, it won't be hard to go without substances. Thanks for your post I appreciate it, Ive been really obsessive over all the message boards I recently joined. I guess it keeps me busy and yet social at the same time. Obsessed I've been though.

Last night I tried to sleep on numerous occasions and after holding my eyes shut for about five mins I would give up, hop out of bed and go to the computer to see if anyone had replied to all the posts I made on numerous boards, then I would smoke a bowl, surf the web for an hour, go back to bed and do it all again. I'm not gonna lie, it was hell, tonight should be another story, I'm just exhausted as all hell, shouldn't have any problem sleepin tonight.
I know withdrawls can cause anxiety, make you restless but Ive never experienced anything like this before without some help.

Here's to our memories.

OfflineTre_Selor
Stranger
    #3338892 - 11/09/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i started Growing Shrooms, it really is a Great Hobby, i also invested in a Digital Camera, and will go around ON my days off taking Pictures of wierd shit...

try Photography or drawing... or do lots of mathmatics, science is fun too :-)

Edited by Tre_Selor (11/09/04 08:04 PM)

Offlinewo_serotonin
Stranger

Re: The best way to battle addiction? [Re: Tre_Selor]
    #3339419 - 11/09/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah photography is fun, Ive had a digital camera for awhile now and have gotten some pretty cool pics. My user picture for instance was taken a night I "hippie flipped"(shrooms and E), one of the greatest experiences of my life, one that I will never forget.

Try to imagine 4 couches all facing one another making a large rectangle. On the floor in the middle of the couches imagine heaps of pillows and blankets almost stacked higher than the cushions. Now pick out your 11 closest friends to share the experience with. All of them come excited to be hippie flipped the first time.

Their we were with loads of 3 specific drugs, Xtc, shrooms, and good old marijuana. To top it off we had a fog machine, trippy lights (User Picture), and a few fry toys. To say the least, I had never bonded with people like that before, not with anyone, including any and all family. We would sit around on the couches or sprawl out on the heaps of fluffiness in the middle. Pipes were always in rotation around this huge comfort zone that we built ourselves, and that's what it was, a huge... nest. We shared things we never thought that we would, or could share with one another. The dosage I used- 2 tabs X, 5 grams cubensis, and a quarter of MJ for conversation. I started with 3grams shrooms and one tab X after 2 and 1/2 hours what remained was injested, MJ of course was mixed throughout.

Wow, I kinda went on there, I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words. Who knows, if I stay clean until retirement, I'll treat myself to some more hippie flipped experiences.

Another pic from the night, Light + fry toy. If only you could see the tracers I was seing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract