Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency
    #3326832 - 11/06/04 03:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Since joining the shroomery I have learned about many different types of mushrooms that I never knew about before. Some of these include pan subbs, pan cyanescens, and laughing gym's (unsure of the specie's name). What I'd like now is for all of you to rank the different types of shrooms you have tripped off of in terms of potency.

I am really curious to see where pan cyans stand in relation to the wood-lovers of the pacific northwest. Hopefully somebody has experienced a trip from the both and can give a comparison.

Okay, in my experiences in general:

psilocybe baeocystis > psilocybe cubensis

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: TonyMontana]
    #3330757 - 11/07/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Paul Stamets already made a graph of potency levels in his book Psilocybine Mushrooms of the world. Paul listed P azurescens as the most potent. Howeever, his chart is wrong. P. cyanescens, esopecially babies are the most potent of all shrooms.

Also you cn read Jeremy Bigwood and Michael Beug, "Psilocybine levels in 7 species of wild Genera gatherd in the PNW." published int he Journal of Ethnopharmacology.

mj

Offlinecisole
Master of the Beer Bong

Loc: NM
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3331032 - 11/07/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah here it is, and yeah it is wrong in that aspect...

--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

Offlinecisole
Master of the Beer Bong

Loc: NM
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: cisole]
    #3331047 - 11/07/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

my pics all deleted again sorry :frown:

--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: cisole]
    #3334409 - 11/08/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Don't worry about it. I'll be sure to check out Stamets' book. Thanks for the info guys.

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: TonyMontana]
    #3354003 - 11/12/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Stamet's book is useless if you want to work out potency.
In a nutshell its like this:
woodlovers, grasslovers, dunglovers...

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #3357420 - 11/13/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

First off, A potency chart has little meaning since most shrooms vary in potency even within a given species.

I will say, since there are more than 190 known species of psilocybian mushrooms, P. cyanescens is still the most potent of all./ However, I personally love the liberty caps.

have a shroomy day.

Mjshroomer. I am asking Jeremy Bigwood for permission to post some of his old shroom papaers at a new section coming to my site in the spring. I will post numerous PDF files from my library by the hundreds of articles, and many rare and not available in the USA.

mj

have a shroomy day

Edited by mjshroomer (11/21/04 02:56 AM)

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Loc: third stone from the sun
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3359407 - 11/14/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

are ps mexicana and/or ps tampanensis stronger than cubensis?

--------------------
we are reasonable people...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: nimbus]
    #3360445 - 11/14/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

By both fresh and dried weight.

mj

In amsterdam many smart shops sell a muchroom called P. mexicanus.

There is no such species. Usually they are p. cubensis from mexican strains.

One shop had P. mexicana as P. mexicanus and many had cubensis and called them P. mexicanus. Most of theose who own the smart shops kinown very little or nothing about the species, their use and /or their history. They are like the 80-year-0ld grandma working in Walgreens or any drug store which sells cameras. She will sell you a camera but knowns little or nothing on how to operate it.

Even when I bought my DVD player at Best buy, the clerks there had no idea o how to format the machine to tape in advance and such. mj

So many people in Europe have no knowledge when it comes to the shrooms.

Offlinenimbus
audiophile
 User Gallery

Loc: third stone from the sun
    #3360530 - 11/14/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks mj but..so which is stronger? psilocybe mexicana/tampanensis or cubensis?

--------------------
we are reasonable people...

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: nimbus]
    #3361193 - 11/14/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

they are the same, i do believe..

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3387923 - 11/20/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ill talk

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 04:59 AM)

Offlineinsanity_420
Beginner
Re: Rank the different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms in terms of potency [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3391719 - 11/21/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

where can you get P. cyanescens Ive only seen cubie spores online, but thats all i was really lookin for at the time

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals