Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperseth
Still learning,but loving it!
Loc: Minnesota
Need info on Amazonian
    #3323396 - 11/05/04 08:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering if anyone had any information on the Amazonian strain. I've looked all over this site and have found little to no info on this particular strain. Does anyone have anything for me. Like colonization time, temps, humidity, pin time, harvest time, etc.
I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

--------------------
There once was a man from Matrass, whose balls were made of fine brass. And in stormy weather, they both clanged together. And sparks flew out of his ass!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: superseth]
    #3323420 - 11/05/04 08:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Same as any cubensis man.

1. Colonization depends on your substrate.

2. Temps for incubation should be between 83-85 farenhiet, Fruiting in the mid 70's.

3. Anywhere from 6-14 days on average, depending on how well you initiate fruiting conditions.

4. They usually mature in5-7 days from pinning. Again depending on if you have optimal fruiting conditions.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineSCIOpenEyedDream
DillusionalDreamer

Loc: Western Europe
Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3323433 - 11/05/04 08:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Try looking at sponsors sites... esp the ones that sell it. I bet they have a lot of info on it (and every other strain). But all cubes are basically the same anyway.

--------------------
Everything I say on this board is a lie.

Eat more string cheese. It's good for you.

OfflineSpores_101
Mycologist

Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: SCIOpenEyedDream]
    #3323447 - 11/05/04 09:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Here goes some identification pictures of them for a reference

here

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3323500 - 11/05/04 09:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Same as any cubensis man.

1. Colonization depends on your substrate.

2. Temps for incubation should be between 83-85 farenhiet, Fruiting in the mid 70's.

3. Anywhere from 6-14 days on average, depending on how well you initiate fruiting conditions.

4. They usually mature in5-7 days from pinning. Again depending on if you have optimal fruiting conditions.

Isn't that a little misleading, though? I mean.... there is a massive difference between P.C. Ecuador and P.C. Cambodiaas far as colonization times go. They're about a week slower than my Cambodian cakes.

It has also been my observation that Ecuador pins much faster than Cambodian. Both Ecuador cakes and casings have pinned in ~6 days, while it takes ~12-14 for Cambodia. So I suppose it's about even in the end.

There should be a standardized scale for all the different parameters.. a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the slowest and 10 being the fastest.. Just to give n00bs like me a general idea of what to expect under optimal conditions.

Ex:

Ecuador:
Growth Rate: 5
Pin Initiation: 8
etc

Cambodia:
Growth rate: 9
Pin Initiation: 5
etc.

Shrug.. heh.

Edited by discman1 (11/05/04 10:43 AM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: discman1]
    #3323539 - 11/05/04 09:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There can be so many factors that are involved in why a certain strain didn't colonize as fast as another one. If your using grains i haven't noticed too much of a difference between strains. Most tend to be done by 9 days at optimal conditions, using a multispore injection that is. Of course you could to some agar work and isolate it out to get it to colonize faster but the majority of people aren't doing agar work. And again lets say the mycellium is having to fight off some bacteria that got in when casing or the such that can also slow down your pinning times. So this is why i say most cubensis are relativly alike.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
    #3323555 - 11/05/04 09:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

IMHO they are one of the most hardy and aggressive of the strains. In your rating system I would give them, growth rate:9 pin initiation:9. Don't let them have much light at all if you are going to case them. I did and they pinned heavily in the jars, 1/2 pint PF tek max fruiting formula, less than three weeks after multi-spore inoculation. They would certainly be a good invitro strain. After the pinning, birthed and had a strong first flush, then dunked and had three more good flushes dunking in between them of course. I don't roll anymore because I like to see the cake to make sure there is no mold growing. Just makes it easier for me, but to each his/her own. Good luck.

Edited by woodzmun (11/05/04 10:09 AM)

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: woodzmun]
    #3323570 - 11/05/04 09:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is my point exactly. Here you have someone using what i am assuming are BRF cakes. It tooks three weeks or more for them to be colonized completly. If you were doing them in rye or popcorn or something similar you wouldn't have any problems with early pinning more than likely, i wonder if thats anything like early ejaculation, lol. Sorry, uh yeah ther yas go.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3323641 - 11/05/04 10:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
There can be so many factors that are involved in why a certain strain didn't colonize as fast as another one.  If your using grains i haven't noticed too much of a difference between strains.  Most tend to be done by 9 days at optimal conditions, using a multispore injection that is.  Of course you could to some agar work and isolate it out to get it to colonize faster but the majority of people aren't doing agar work.  And again lets say the mycellium is having to fight off some bacteria that got in when casing or the such that can also slow down your pinning times.  So this is why i say most cubensis are relativly alike.

That's true... but still, all the strain guides and even the notes on your site always make reference to how aggressive the mycelium is in general. The Cambodian is touted as being quite fast, while the Ecuador is more "normal".. which I have definately seen in my short but observant time as a mycologist. All jars have been in the same incubation/fruiting chamber.. so I think the observations are valid. :smile:

Magash's strain guide seems to agree.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3323662 - 11/05/04 10:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ROFL, lol i was tryng my ass off to figure out what you meant by you got those strains from me. Ryche Hawk is the proprieter of www.thehawkseye.com . He was simply the one who i had started getting spores from before i even knew about the shroomery a few years ago. When I started up here i had no idea he was a sponsor. So that is a the misunderstanding i believe. And yes some can be more aggressive than others like i said, but for a newbie it shouldn't really matter on that part. I suggest going with which one you like the looks of best if its a first grow. Sounds kinda trivial i know but what can i say. A cubie is a cubie. LOL

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3323696 - 11/05/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, mybad. I have no idea why I thought you were him, I swear it said your name under his listing in the sponsors section. Wow. I must've been really high when I looked or something. :blush:

Offlinesuperseth
Still learning,but loving it!
Loc: Minnesota
    #3324145 - 11/05/04 01:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks a lot. Really good feedback. I guess I'm just being impatient. I started colonization about a week ago with a popcorn tek. Not much myc growth, but then again, I didn't have any heat source for them. So I was trying to get them to colonize at about 65 degrees. I put a heat source in last night, though. Hopefully that will speed things up a bit. Thanks again!

--------------------
There once was a man from Matrass, whose balls were made of fine brass. And in stormy weather, they both clanged together. And sparks flew out of his ass!

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Need info on Amazonian [Re: superseth]
    #3324154 - 11/05/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You will notice an exponential increase in mycelium growth as the temperature rises... I notice a difference just between 80 and 86?F, 65? would be worse than molasses in an Alaskan winter.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation