Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) * 4
    #1392743 - 03/19/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

I've seen all these posts lately about most potent choices, most abundant fruiters, etc....I myself have been asking advice on species selection.  Well I ran into this informative section on the The Spore Haven web page...I saw the same exact descriptions at Spore Works but they removed this information (legal purposes maybe?)....anyway hopefully this will help all you people out there trying to figure out which species of Psilocybe Cubensis to choose (make sure to read the overveiw at the bottom.  Enjoy!

PSILOCYBE CUBENSIS

B+
The B+ is a relatively fast colonizer that fruits very easily and produces some large fruits in abundace. A hardy forgiving strain makes this an excellent choice for beginners as it grows easily in a variety of conditions. Colonization temperatures are 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Ecuador
The Ecuadorian is an excellent choice for the beginner as this cubensis strain produces some large fruits with nice flushes. The ecuadorian is just a beautiful fruit that will grow easily on most any substrate. This strain has very meaty stalks with beautiful caramel colored caps. Colonization temperatures are 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Thailand Koh-Saumi
This cubensis form the Isle of Koh-Saumi produces small to medium fruits with potent effects. This one is a very good resistor of contaminants, a fast colonizer, and is a good choice for beginners. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Puerto Rican
The Puerto Rican is known for it's VERY potent effects and extremely rizomorphic mycellium. A fast and aggressive colonizer that produces medium to large fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

PESA
The VERY potent PESA produces small to medium fruits. It was originally sold by pacific exotic spora as an azure hybrid, But it is just a really potent cubensis. Also a fast colonizer makes this one a really nice strain. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees. F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Treasure Coast
A very prolific fruiter from the gulf coast of southern florida,The Treasure Coast strain of cubensis is known for it's characteristic of producing albino fruits. The Treasure Coast is a very fast colonizer, which produces some beautiful lightly caramel, sometimes almost white or albino fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Mazatapec
A hardy classic cubensis strain from deep in southern Mexico. The Mazatapec is sought for it's spirituality from within. An aggressive, rhizomorphic mycellium is another characteristic of this strain. Another good choice for the beginner. The Mazatapec also has the tendency to be an abundant fruiter.Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F is optimal.

Golden Teacher
A beuatiful cubensis that is very hardy and produces large fruits especially in later flushes. Thick meaty stalks and dark spotted caps are another characteristic of this strain. Extreme bluing reaction upon any cutting or bruising of the fruit. It's no wonder it carries the name it does. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Tasmanian
The Tasmanian strain of cubensis has excellent fruiting ability. The fruits The Tasmanian produces are large with some fruits reaching heights up to 8 inches. The caps on this strain are a light yellow in color. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Acadian Coast
This Strain of cubensis from louisiana is an abundant fruiter with extremely rizomorphic mycellium. A prolific pinset is another characteristic of this strain. Fruits are medium to large. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

PES Amazonian
A very Prolific fruiter with average fruits reaching over six inches. A good choice for beginners, the mycellium is very rizomorphic, and it is also a fast colonizer. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Huautla
Psilocybe cubensis Huautla recently collected from southern Mexico in the Oaxaca region, close to the village Huautla de jiminez. It has long skinny stalks, and conic to hemispheric caps. An abundant fruiter with fruits from six to ten inches. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Cambodian
An excellent strain from Angkor wat, the Cambodian is a very fast colonizer producing beautiful fruits. For a cubensis the Cambodian is thought to be very potent. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Plantasia Mystery
A beautiful strain of cubensis with average size fruits. Colonization speed is average for a cubensis. This one is worth exploring it's mystery. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees is optimal.

Gulf Coast
From the eastern coastal region of Florida, the Gulf coast strain of cubensis is very potent. An abundant fruiter the gulf coast strain has average to large fruits. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees F. is optimal.

Panama
This one from Panama is an excelent cubensis. Potent as well as an abundant fruiter makes this one a nice choice for any collection. The panamanian is sure to please. Colonization temperatures 84/86 degrees F. Fruiting temperatures 74/78 degrees is optimal.

***Things I Noticed***  The Creeper strain seems to be missing, and I was under the impression that PESA and PES Amazonian was the same strain....am I wrong???

So lets have an overview shall we:

FAST COLONIZERS:
B+
Thailand Koh-Saumi
Cambodian
PESA
Treasure Coast
Mazatepec
PES Amazonian

ABUNDANT & PROLIFIC FRUITERS:
B+
Equador
Huaulta
PES Amazonian
Mazatepec
Cambodian
Gulf Coast
Golden Teacher
Acadian Coast
Tasmanian

HIGHER POTENCY:
Puerto Rican
PESA
Cambodian
Gulf Coast
Panama

AVERAGE:
Plantasia Mystery

So there ya go....as for the missing Creeper I have heard from plenty of people on these forums that they are fast colonizers, abundant fruiters, and Potent

Something to remember about the information above....I'm sure that information was obtained by mycologists (or wannabes) and the results are probably based on those species being cared for in the ideal conditions....just because they say Strain A is a proflic fruiter doesn't mean you're going to get a lot of fruits, it still depends on how you care for them....just keep that in mind.

I hope this helps you guys out there....it has helped me :smile:   

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Edited by DannyBoy (03/19/03 05:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1392766 - 03/19/03 06:00 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

Thank you.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: recalcitrant]
    #1392848 - 03/19/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 5 days ago)

they forgot a lot of strains mexi-cub,lipa yai,ect...
they left out eq on the higher potency list
and kramer says the pesa and the amizonian is different
nice post

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Edited by george castanza (03/19/03 08:33 PM)

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: george castanza]
    #1393120 - 03/19/03 07:57 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

sticky sticky

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: DannyBoy] * 1
    #1393358 - 03/19/03 09:23 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

So, basically they ALL colonise best at 84/86, and they ALL fruit best at 74/78.

The differences are small in the cultivation techniques.

--------------------
buh

OfflineRobbyrob
Cubensis seeker

Loc: Earth
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: shirley knott]
    #1393517 - 03/19/03 11:07 PM (21 years, 4 days ago)

would have been nice if they would have included more strains but this is still a nice read...

Rob

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1393629 - 03/20/03 12:36 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

anyway hopefully this will help all you people out there trying to figure out which species of Psilocybe Cubensis to choose 

Sorry to be picky but if you want to be accurate... there is only one species of Psilocybe cubensis and that is Psilocybe cubensis (though some would argue Psilocybe subcubensis is the same)

According to the Shroomery Glossary  Species  Fundamental unit of biological taxonomy. Generally spoken, two individuals belong to the same species if they can produce fertile offspring

and  Strain The equivalent of race in plants and animals. The same species may consist of strains that vary considerably in genetic make up, but all are sexually compatible 

Other than that thanks for the info :laugh:

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: mesq]
    #1393988 - 03/20/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Which ones of those have a tendancy to fruit all over a BRF cake instead of just at the top and bottom near the casing? Also, which of these strains mentioned is PF's PF?

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Tonearm]
    #1394062 - 03/20/03 03:34 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

pf= amazonian

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Edited by george castanza (03/27/03 06:45 PM)

InvisibleDoseR
slacker
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Tonearm]
    #1394067 - 03/20/03 03:35 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Deleted per User's Request

--------------------
Look at me! http://myspace.com/asininegenius

OfflineTonearm
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: DoseR]
    #1394135 - 03/20/03 03:59 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I'm wondering about which races would fruit all over something like a flat cake instead of just around the edges. I'm actually going to post this question in a new thread now...

--------------------
My Favorite Link:
http://www.deoxy.org/8brains.htm

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #1394154 - 03/20/03 04:05 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

this one is nice, but does anyone have the other one bookmarked? The other one had info from both sporeworks and ralphsters before it was removed. I would search for it but the function has been disabled.

Anonymous

#1394192 - 03/20/03 04:21 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

PESA = PES Amazonian

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Anonymous]
    #1394331 - 03/20/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 05:59 PM)

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1394388 - 03/20/03 05:23 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

I just visited The Hawks Eye and they have very detailed information on their strains....but I really don't feel like copy and pasting all that....so go there if you want more info.  I just thought this info might help those general species questions.  Just trying to provide information :smile:

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: ] * 1
    #1395067 - 03/20/03 09:47 AM (21 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

PESA = PES Amazonian 

Extremely Potent PESA Cubensis

Ready for some drama and controversy :smile:. This one has an interesting story behind it. A company out of Hawaii called Pacific Exotic Spora (PES) advertise this strain as a cubensis/azurescens hybrid. They even went so far as to claim it came from the mushroom master Paul Stamets himself. Well people, there has been a lot of azure/cub hybrid scams in the past, and to this day the experts such as P. Stamets have not published any information about being able to hybridize a p. azurescen with a p. cubensis. They are completly different species and this task would certainly be extremely difficult. I'm sure if anyone can do it, P. Stamets can, and hopefully one day he will. But until something is published, do not buy into it. This is nothing more then a very potent cubensis.

About a year ago when they started advertiseing this hybrid, a bunch of us pitched in to get a print of this (yes, that is how high there prices are :smile: and Workman grew it out and once again, a cub/azure hybrid was nothing more then a cubensis. Our grower here at T.H.E. has grown out all the cubs from PES, and found this the only one worth keeping. Another company, PF, sells the PES Hawaiin, which is a different strain, and some ppl have the PES Amazonian, this strain is niether of those. If it helps with any of the confusion, just call it PESA.. and the A does not stand for Amazonian. I think it originally stood for Azurescen.
PES (Pacific Exotic Spora)has been around for a while, and sells quite a few strains of cubs and panaeolus at a very very high price. We normally will not carry other strains that is unique to one company. But, since PES charges such a rediculous price for a print of this strain, we decided to go ahead and carry it and share with everyone because most ppl will enjoy the extreme potency.

Ok, enough of the controversial babble, now lets get down to the fact of this strain. Our grower -Clyde- finds this to be one of the most blueing cubensis he has ever worked with. After cutting these with a blade, they turn dark blue within 2-3 seconds!! Most cubs, take about 10-20 seconds to start turning dark blue. And everyone we know that has tried them found them to be extremely potent as well. Perhaps this is why PES started calling them cub/azure hybrids since the p. azurescen is the most potent mushroom in the world.
So yes, the PESA is a VERY potent cub, but potency is not everything. It produces some very light caps, although large caps compared to small stems, and does tend to abort a lot. As you will see in the pics below if you look real close. It is a semi-fast colonizer, and fruits nicely in cold temps. So this mushroom does not utilize all of the substrate very well, but the mushrooms it does produce are just extremely potent and its a real good strain to add to your collection. Like I said, it was the only one of the PES strains we liked enough to keep. And its one of our growers favorite strains, I think he is just impressed with the extreme speed of the blueing effect... so easily entertained (wink).

Ok, now for some pictures. These pictures are laid out in time progression as -Clyde- worked with this PESA strain. The best pictures are last.
This picture is from pure strain isolation, inoculating finch seed based, Hawks Magic Formula, cased with 50/50+ mix. As you can see, it didn't fruit much, and are rather ugly.
Early work with the PESA.

Ok, it gets better. These trays are multi-spore inoculation, on HMF cased with 50/50+ mix. They are starting to look much nicer.
A couple of trays of the PESA on HMF.

Now it gets much better. After working with the PESA for a while, it has been improved quite a bit.It really loves our compost as you will see. These 2 pictures are multi-spore inoculation, 2 pints of HMF mixed with 10lbs of our compost, cased with 50/50+ mix. Notice the large wide mouth 1/2 pint jar for comparison.
A beautiful flush of the PESA on our compost.Top view.
The same beautiful flush, close up side view.
This tray produced a MONSTER 2nd flush mushrooms. These caps are 5" -6" across !!! Monster 2nd Flush PESA's.
The spores of the PESA we are currently selling are from these above trays. Quality baby, as always. You should see these better results with these spores.

-Clyde- got a little creative, and wanted to see how well the PESA did outdoors. Northern Arizona temps in the fall drop down to 40F at night, about 65F daytime. -Clyde- put this PESA casing and a few other casings outdoors under some cover and just let them colonize and to their thing. Even in the cool temps, they still colonized rather rapidly, and fruited with the rain. This tray was done using the same multi-spore/HMF spawn/compost/50/50+ casing mix as the other above. The picture was taken when they were a little over mature, but still very nice.
A nice flush of PESA cubs outdoors

A sneak preview of some giant PESA pics to come. This one is 12" long and a cap diameter of over 6" across!

To order spores and see more fantastic pictures of other quality strains of mushroom spores we carry, click on our Spore Ordering Prices and Availability Page

Disclaimer: Psilocybe mushroom spores do not contain any active drug, thus they are legal. Some of the spores we sell can produce psilocybe mushrooms if you put them in the right growing conditions and attempt to cultivate them. In the U.S. it is illegal to cultivate psilocybe mushrooms, but it is not illegal to posess spores and research them under a microscope. Outside of the U.S., psilocybe mushrooms are tolerated and legal to cultivate in some countries. All information on this website related to psilocbye mushrooms is protected under freedom of speech and we do not condone you partake in any illegal activities, what you do with the spores and information is up to you. But we do not condone you do anything illegal if you decide to purchase spores.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All pictures from this website are property of The Hawks Eye and may not be used or published without our permission.Exception: Scans from books, (as indicated) if you use them, please give the authors credit. Thank you.

hope this helps clear up some of the mistery around the pesa

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
    #1398590 - 03/21/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 3 days ago)

my friends taz's are fast colonizers and i dont see taz on that list  :tongue:

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: deprave] * 1
    #1468992 - 04/17/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Had to bump this up for the newbies :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1477275 - 04/20/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I should point out that that info is all from Vendors and might not be accurate. Also the PES Amazonian and PESA are different cubensis spore races.

--------------------

Offlinemerlink
IntergalacticTraveler

Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1506702 - 04/30/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What's the most optimal bulk cultivation method for the PESAs?

Also, I just ordered PESA/Malabar/PES Hawaiian/Ecquador... Can these strains be grown together, or will it be necessary for me to seperate them into different growing environments?

-Merlin

--------------------
"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought." - Merlin

Offlineshunter0038
Stranger
Male
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: shirley knott]
    #11083029 - 09/18/09 12:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice

Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: shunter0038]
    #11083175 - 09/18/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

did u really just bump a 6 year old thread? :facepalm:

--------------------
:shrug:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: nastos]
    #11083190 - 09/18/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's the kind of first post you don't see every day! :thumbup:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: shunter0038]
    #11083206 - 09/18/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shunter0038 said:
nice

:lmafo:

--------------------

OfflineCzo
Neophyte

Loc: Colorado
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Thyrax]
    #11083251 - 09/18/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

Offlineidaydre.am
^-^

Loc: Long Island, NY
    #11479615 - 11/18/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm exited :smile: my Plantasia, mexican, and golden teacher just started fruiting :smile:

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: idaydre.am]
    #11479830 - 11/18/09 04:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:congrats: :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlineshroom239
aka K.T.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: Doc_T]
    #11518973 - 11/24/09 01:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you for taking the time to do this! I have been looking for a thread as such and stumbled upon yours by accident and am happy I did so.  :dancer:

--------------------
Disclaimer: Any picture or statement I post here is from research I do on my free time, I do not actually partake in this hobby.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Psilocybe Cubensis Species (READ for GOOD info) [Re: shroom239]
    #11519152 - 11/24/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shroom239 said:
Thank you for taking the time to do this! I have been looking for a thread as such and stumbled upon yours by accident and am happy I did so.  :dancer:

:facepalm: not only is this thread totally irrelevant, inaccurate and six years old, but you bumped it AGAIN :frown: :lockdance:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #11519213 - 11/24/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
let's let the DEAD...rest in peace!~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules