Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyogi613
Stranger
stuborn amazonians?
    #3227139 - 10/07/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hi, this is my first post but I have been reading and growing for about a year and a half now. My problem is with some amazonians. My setup is BRF into perlite humidified tererium. I have had my cakes birthed for about 1-2 weeks now and have no signs of pinning. Is it something i am doing wrong or do amazonians need to be cold shocked and dunked because they are stuborn?? Any info is helpful. :mushroom2:

--------------------
Go on with your badself and grow dem shroomies

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: yogi613]
    #3227147 - 10/07/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

make sure you are keeping air exchange high
it is not uncommon to wait 2+ weeks for pins on pf cakes IME

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: muse_sick]
    #3227275 - 10/07/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After 2 weeks I'd say they're difficult. My GT's don't like to pin before 16 days if you dont cold shock. With cold shock it brings it up with the rest of my strains to like 7-10 days. If doing cakes they could almost always benifit from a dunk so why not throw them in the fridge too? I believe pinning time for cakes is cut down more then. I did some rye cakes and they pinned about 6 days after a cold dunk for 24 hours and rolled in verm. Different substrate but my casings take longer then that almost every time.

Wait it out a bit more. Dunk if you want and see no primordia but I'd just wait it out because at this point I think a cold dunk wouldn't help so much, they should pin soon either way.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineyogi613
Stranger
Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3227388 - 10/07/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have good air exchange, fanning 4-5 times a day with misting a little. I have 20 cakes roughly so I put 4 in the fridge dunked and ill use that as a control group. I was just wondering if amazonians were a particularly stubborn strain. I have grown B+ before with not a hint of a problem as well as an unknown strain. I guess ill just keep at it and maybe some pics will be up too. Thanks for the help so far.

--------------------
Go on with your badself and grow dem shroomies

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: yogi613]
    #3227507 - 10/07/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

B+ are known to fruit easily and why they are a "beginer" strain. They all fruit just about the same, just some take a little longer and IME can benifit from a cold shock. Pics are always good!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3227789 - 10/07/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

some times what happens is that the out side of the cake is done colonizing but the inside has not finished so when put in to the fruiting chamber it not ready to pin and it is still trying to colonize the inside .You can wait and be patient or you can raise the temp to 80f 83f and give it a day or two until you fell comfortable on lowering the temp again . This has happened to me and this has worked so its up to you and let me know what you do I'm interested on knowing the outcome .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

OfflineBluerunner
Psychonaut

Re: stuborn amazonians? [Re: growmore]
    #9331598 - 11/29/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I'm actually have the same frustration.  I'm growing B+ and Classic Amazonian, and my B+ have done great, but my Amaz seem to be struggling.  I use the BFR cakes on perlite. fyi

Here I am harvesting the B+ and the Amaz only have a few small clusters that don't seem to be growing much.  I guess time will tell, but if anyone has an idea to help them ie, make it warmer or less or more light... any help would be great.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix