Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
trip off 1 gram
    #3319633 - 11/04/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone has ever achieved a strong trip, or a bad trip off of 1 gram of shrooms?

anyone?

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Cornelius]
    #3320035 - 11/04/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It depends on what type I guess

Once in Oregon I stumbled across some Liberty caps. I ate about 8 grams wet/ .8 grams dry

And I tripped so hard I had to cancel the rest of my plans that afternoon.

Once I ate a 1 gram pile of very small aborts from cubies and got VERY high like eating 3 grams :crazy2:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineLuciferSam2
Madcap

Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3320166 - 11/04/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Being English I can't work out what grams equate to in terms of number of Liberty caps!

How many Libs would you say your fresh 8 grams was? (Just so I can reference it against my own 'number of mushrooms' amounts!)

Thanks!

--------------------
Sugarman..you're the answer, that makes my questions disappear...

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: LuciferSam2]
    #3320350 - 11/04/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shit, I don't know. It was the only time I ever found Liberty caps

But it was a big hand full and I weigh it with my pocket scale.

Somebody will give you a good answer just wait

THE WHO ROCKS................by the way

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3320371 - 11/04/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When i was younger and it was my 1st time i tripped nicly off of one dried gram of cubes.

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Cornelius]
    #3320494 - 11/04/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i find that if you eat 1 gram of good cubensis, good being either home grown ( mine are on rye grain, which i read give mushrooms more nutrients in turn giving them potency ) or dried at a low temperature ( i dry mine at 90 degrees for anywhere from 24 hours to three or four days ) and i can have a nice trip. this might depend on your metabolism and how much food you have in your stomach. i don't like to rate trips on the 1 to 5 scale. but for me i can get a nice body buzz ( waves of euphoria ) and some mild visuals ( trails, blurred vision) and some enhanced hearing, and some interesting thoughts. but i could also go out and do stuff in public and hang out with people who aren't tripping so....

but i know friends that wouldn't get enough off a g. to do it.

and as for liberty caps i have never been fortunate to get to try anything except regular ol cubes. as far as i know.

if you have a gram i would say you probably can't or won't have a bad time, and i found at low doses cubes are kinda nice, similar to taking some sort of relaxant. and as for time, i would say no more than a few hours, like two or three.
peace out 00

Offlinefloydguitar
smooth guitarist

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: zerozero]
    #3320570 - 11/04/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

had a good 1 gram trip with some pan cyans. Had an excellent 1 gram trip with some psilocybe azurescens. they are a lot more potent than cubensis and cyans.

Edited by floydguitar (11/04/04 04:03 PM)

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: floydguitar]
    #3320591 - 11/04/04 04:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yea i read 1 to 2 grams for cyans and azures is plenty. i can't wait to try these, hard to cultivate, but that's the only way to get them here, so..... of to the lab.

Offlinebubkuss
pioneer of theunknown
 User Gallery
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: zerozero]
    #3321736 - 11/04/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I ate 10 fresh grams of home grown EQs last week and tripped pretty good. slight mind fuck, but my ceiling was swirling and flowing like a river and carpet was mentally 3D. Awesome giggles too, LTJ's brown eyed girl was almost too much to handle  :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: LuciferSam2]
    #3324032 - 11/05/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LuciferSam2 said:
Being English I can't work out what grams equate to in terms of number of Liberty caps!

How many Libs would you say your fresh 8 grams was? (Just so I can reference it against my own 'number of mushrooms' amounts!)

Thanks!

get a scale....that is the only way to be accurate and sure of your self....you can get a cheap one that will do the trick for like 20 or 30bux US$

--------------------
the jent

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: jent]
    #3324630 - 11/05/04 01:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Usually.. 1 gram dried equals some 10 liberty caps.

My standard dosage for cubensis is 0.5 gram. It used to be 3 gram (~1/8 oz) and at one time it has been 10-12 gram. I reach 6'4" into the air and weigh little shy of 300 lbs.

But nowadays its 1/2 gram, which in the dried state is one  mushroom capsule.. And the big LSD: done that, forever wearing the T-shirt!

I have been on the astral doses, and guess what? Tripping in some respects easier on the high dose. If you got a problem area in your life.. Hey don't think about it man: it's such a carnival you are distracted off of doing the work.
And that is what keeps 9/10 "high-dosers" using high doses: because they simply do not (or cannot) deal with their life issues amidst the psychedelic onslaught of distractions. And when they do: blammo! bad trip, they discover they have no trust whatsoever :frown:

Take it down a notch and the whining starts.
"Booooring!" "Its better to take nothing at all"
Is it?
Is it really?

...Or is it because you can't shrug off particular slight or not-so-slight discomforts? Even on the low dose Mushrooms are stil 4-HO-DMT last time I checked :grin:
The ayahoasca served by Ayahuasca churches averages the potency of 0.5-2gr mushrooms.

A small dosage of mushrooms is every bit as divine as a high one.
But the main difference is that you don't get the flying colors and the wild ride. And despite all the fancy talk of personal growth most high dosers simply want to sit back and have it done to them, rather then sit up and do it all themselves aided by the Mushroom.

One capsule of mushrooms can hit you every bit as hard as 6 capsules can... if you do the work. If you open your mind to it you will GET the flying colors! Often it's quite subtle and you engage in to-the-point Deep Discussion with friends and meditation adventures, at other times you are gripped from beyond and get a lot to work with.

I used to be a high doser. But lying in the darkness on 1/2 gram of Liberty Caps I have been visited by a Spirit Teacher who laid it all down to me. And this grace would've been washed out by the splendor and roaring blaze of one-eighth or one-fourth.

With high doses ther might be More Lesson, but there is Less YOU to absorb and learn the lesson. You just stare blankly for two hours while you run through 1.000 Profound Teachings. And how many will you end up taking away from there?

And talk about fun, what's more fun: exploring the campsite and stalking ants to find out what they're doing, with your buddy playing his acoustic guitar under an Oak tree 50ft away by the campfire... or staring at a stick for two hours?

I dare you, high-dosers!
A camping trip in the woods AT NIGHT under a cloudless, moonless sky, you home Planet's surface under your ass and Infinity above, and this with say 1 gram of good mushrooms, in good company, in silent contemplation or sporadic whispered conversation.
If you -make- it happen you will never forget that and it beats watching the Turtles on one-eighth or playing that cool computer game -again-.

Forget about high doses and...

MAKE it happen! :thumbup:

Please click the link called "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" in my signature and discover what's really happening inside your bemushroomed brain while you scream "Cowabunga!" and throw potatochips at the TV screen.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Asante]
    #3324659 - 11/05/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

High doses have their place.

However, ever since I did five grams, I have noticed that I can have a powerful and profound experience even on a few hits of weed. Any more then 3 grams of mushrooms is almost overkill for me. I think I'll still experiment with high doses in the future, but I can definitely see how lower doses can be powerful experiences as well.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: MOTH]
    #3325197 - 11/05/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

High doses have their place.

Indeed they do, EllemyshShade!
But there is a tendency towards high dosing and not expending any effort to make an experience worthwhile or working with the emerging of harsh personal material.

I see a trend where many high-dosers look down on low dosed trips and recommend extremely high doses to newbies.

When it comes to the cubie you very often hear one-eighth recommended to aspiring shroomers. Now excuse me but 3 grams pack a beastly wallop if you never used mushrooms before and the cubies are of good potency.

Quote:

Any more then 3 grams of mushrooms is almost overkill for me.

That might very well be! I did my 12 grams, but 3 grams for me has always been an overdose. Not that I couldn't handle it, but so much emerged that nothing was effectively dealt with.

Some people will think i'm off my rocker for saying "3gr/mental OD" but let me relate something:
Throughout the psychedelic literature you conmsistantly see the following stated dosages:

1-2mg psilocybin = onset
2-4mg light
4-8mg mild
8-10mg transition to fullblown psychedelic effects
10-20mg range of full effects

4-20mg therapeutic ratio.

Now then! Cubies usually contain between 6-12mg/gr Psilocybin, which brings 3 grams to a dose of 18-36mg Psilocybin. Somebody can easily feel flooded by 3 grams, because it was considered way above the therapeutic ratio for most therapists.
One-eighth is in fact closer to 20-40mg, a walloping amount.

Mushroom capsules, weighing 1/2 gram each, thus usually contain 3-6mg and especially when the strength is unknown I consider the most fruitful range to be 1-4 capsules (and I have rowed up 24 per tripper in the past)

Most people need the comfort of being able to RESIST the intensities of the mushroom to actually surrender to it. In the first dozen sessions the foundations of Trust must be laid between Tripper and Mushroom, as well as establishing whether they can stand mushrooms psychologically and neurologically.

Fools go rushing in, and when you suggest dosages to people, you are assuming responsibility over their well-being, even if you mentally cop out of that and know them just from one post on the Net.

People can do what I did and go for three microdots of LSD/12gr mushrooms, but people should remember that a high dose is nothing better then a low dose and it is rather that in the way Trippers handle a dose that falls short of expectation that you see their true willingness to work with what they got.

If people got one dose of mushrooms they want to go Astral/Spiritual on, but end up with mild effects and instead of dancing with the spirits they put on the TV it is not the mushrooms that fail, but rather their wilingness to do the work and build that Trip with their bare hands. If people want recreation then disappointment and loss of interest can be called for, but people who talk of Spirituality and Insight often are thrillseekers in disguise.

Seeking thrill is just as good as seeking the Divinity within, but being honest to yourself, true to your nature, and protective of your fellow man (even if it's just a n00b with 3 posts to his name) outweighs self-deceit and macho-ism.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: Asante]
    #3326913 - 11/06/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

and discover what's really happening inside your bemushroomed brain while you scream "Cowabunga!" and throw potatochips at the TV screen.

:lol:

btw good post on the low dosages :thumbup:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: stefan]
    #3513596 - 12/17/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome post, Wiccan Seeker, you seem to be posting the way I have begun to feel about my relationship with the mushroom.

I used to only do and use high doses. That is how I waded into these deep, deep waters, on a good six gram dose of cubies. I thought that the magic was in the higher numbers when the insanity is going on. But, at a point the insanity comes into perfect interlocking order. I have come to these places before. The perfection of the universe floods me. I realize really how perfect we are and what perfection really means. This happens on a large dose, but as said, there is so much going on that you really lose and can hardly remember the truly profound things that happen. I have noticed that on lower dose trips, I can get into this profoundly positive, perfect place easier. I can even sustain it for long times one end. It is like seeing through universal eyes. So hard to describe, like the equivalent of everything you have seen all at once. Like everything you have ever seen in your life is a composite part of this whole.

I plan on trying much more low doses, not because I don't like the high dose trip because I do. The low doses are just a different type of trip.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: mecreateme]
    #3514417 - 12/17/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Indeed.  Perspective.  Speed.  It is easier to assimilate 10 messages a minute verses (that's a revelation every six seconds) 10,000 messages!  You simply can't take it all in at once at that rate.  Folly to think you can, but still you try.  Eventually, it stops being "worth" it, just like people who aren't really spiritual about their pot eventually find themselves done with it for one mundane reason or another, touting that they've smoked SOOOO MUCH (corrollary of high doses of other psychadelics) and so on.

Not that I have much of a point.  I'm still fighting sleep, desperately :laugh:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: trip off 1 gram [Re: delta9]
    #3517299 - 12/18/04 02:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First, I want to say that you're a great poster Wiccan. I always take the time to read your posts carefully... even when they're f*cking huge! :grin:

Also, I can identify with what you're saying. I've learned alot more from my half eigth trips than my eigth trip. With a half eigth, I retained some of what I learned during the trip. And it was easier to put what I was thinking into words during those trips. When I took an eigth, I came out of the trip with almost nothing. I felt and thought the same kind of things I do on a half eigth, but it was more of a feeling than a thought.. like words were insufficient to describe what I was thinking. It's hard to explain. I was trying to talk to my friend about some deep stuff after taking an eigth and it came out as a jumbled mess, totally missing what I was aiming to say.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds