Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Rotten Shrooms. Would you eat this? + drying method...
    #327514 - 05/28/01 12:12 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I picked what looked like great Psilocybin Cubensis a while ago. When I got them home I washed them and started drying them by covering them in absorbent paper towels and putting them on my roof. While I was away it started to rain and all the mushrooms got drenched. I hand dried them with a paper cloth, trying to soak up as much moisture as possible then put them in the oven on 35 deg. C for an hour to try and dry them out a bit more. I then stuck them in a drawer overnight. When I got up, one of them - the biggest and smelliest one had little maggots in it and it looked like shit. I broke open all the others and they all looked perfectley healthy - not a trace. I chucked the big one and dried the others in my oven at 40 degrees Celsius. They're now cracker dry, but I don't know if they're safe to eat or not (rotten?, worm-egg infested?) Would you eat them?

By the way - My usual drying method is to stick them in the oven at 40 deg. Cels. for a few hours to get them past that stage where they're in danger of rotting overnight. I then keep them wrapped in absorbent paper in a drawer overnight and stick them in the oven at 30-35 deg Cels. for a few hours during the day when I get the chance (when my dad or his girlfriend isn't around and I'm not at Uni). My friends and I have noticed no major (or minor!) loss of potency using this method, and it seems to work great. I'm worried about eating dried but rotten shrooms, this post does not concern losing potency due to heat, which I suspect - from experience - is exagerated somewhat.

Also, once the mushrooms are completley dried, is it OK to store them in those little plastic 'sappie' bags with the clip together seal that I get my pot in? Also, how long do dried mushrooms last? Does their potency go with age?

Edited by The_Gnome_King on 05/28/01 02:17 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineegolesss
veteran
Re: Rotten Shrooms. Would you eat this? + drying method... [Re: The_Gnome_King]
    #327925 - 05/28/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Please don't eat those mushrooms, dry them with a fan blowing across them, in 2-4 days depending on the size they should be what people here call then cracker dry, then you can store them in a plastic bag inside a jar out of heat and light, they will keep along time.........

Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy.....

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Rotten Shrooms. Would you eat this? + drying method... [Re: egolesss]
    #328097 - 05/28/01 06:05 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

crap... :)
thou speakest arite
i am the merry wanderer of the night

Edited by Mitchnast on 05/28/01 08:06 PM.

OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
Re: Rotten Shrooms. Would you eat this? + drying method... [Re: Mitchnast]
    #328239 - 05/28/01 08:40 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

What's crap?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag