Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Salvia and me - extreme discomfort
    #3247496 - 10/12/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I first did salvia about 4 years ago before it hit big... I ordered some salvia leaves soaked in salvinorin solution ('enhanced' leaf') and I smoked it through a regular pipe with an overly-flamed lighter. This was from the most reputable salvia source around so it was definitely good. I got the effects somewhat... No mind change but very powerful open eye visuals. This struck me as extremely weird considering usually with a drug, the mind change comes BEFORE the hallucination. But that isn't the point.

Half a year ago I got the urge to try it again, try to really break through. I went to a headshoppe and bought a bag of enhanced leaf from a reputable online vendor (I can't remember who for the life of me, but one of the sites with a decent reputation). I've smoked it 4 times since. The taste is the same awful taste but something weird happens... I take about 2 big hits and extreme disphoria and uncomfortableness. I can't explain how it feels but it's just disgusting. The grossest feeling on Earth. My visuals are confined to a 'never-ending radial loop'. By that I mean whatever I'm looking at becomes a sort of kaleidoscope. My vision remains somewhat clear but the kaleidoscope morphs into nostalgic notions. Not objects but sort of motifs from the past. Very obscured and hard to explain.

Yesterday I smoked it for the first time in a couple months. I've ruined pipes before with the smell so I made a liter-bottle-bong and loaded it full of salvia. I flamed it with a very hot flame and took 2 hits. The discomfort level was higher than ever as this time I undoubtedly got the highest dose. I immediately felt gross and got the confusing kaleidoscope of memories I couldn't identify. My girlfriend took the bong and I just told her to get me a drink and wait and that this sucks. 5 minutes later, the annoying effects (they weren't impairing or psychedelic - just really annoying) subsided and I was left sweating allover. I smoked enough weed to get rid of the awful feeling and went on with my day.

Now this salvia smells pretty normal... It doesn't smell very fresh as it's hard and cured but it smells like sage, and like a less fresh version of the salvia I got years ago. The effects are so different though. I almost think it's possible that there's a solvent that wasn't properly evaporated or otherwise removed. However, I know people who have had good experiences off the same salvia from the same store. My body's response to a lot of drugs has changed over time. Could this be another case? Is anyone else affected like this?

I'm on no medications.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: Salvia and me - extreme discomfort [Re: Ayrios]
    #3247574 - 10/12/04 04:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A lot of people get that from time to time. I believe it has to do with your setting. Try it again by yourself in a dark room and make sure to keep your eyes closed. I've found it harder to have a good experience when other people are around, even if they're in a different room. Most of my friends also agree that they are more comfortable with Salvia if they go it alone. If that doesn't work, wait some more and try it again later.
Peace

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Salvia and me - extreme discomfort [Re: peruvian spark]
    #3247615 - 10/12/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's not a mental discomfort but entirely physical. The other times I've done it in darkness laying in bed alone.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #3247697 - 10/12/04 05:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That wet and itchy rubbery outerskin feeling?

If that's what it is, I get it a lot too. Personally, I think it's far worth it for the salvia experience though :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#3248033 - 10/12/04 06:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The only uncomfortable feelings I've gotten are the twisting pins and needles feeling all over my body and also the sweating that can happen, these things happen when I don't completely break through. When it "really" gets me, these things are not noticed. As it was said before, its worth it.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Salvia and me - extreme discomfort [Re: deff]
    #3248193 - 10/12/04 07:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know if that meets the description. It feels like my skin turns to bark, is wrapped in cellophane and put in a humid oven.

I didn't get this feeling at all on my stronger experiences on the first batch of salvia years ago. I got a really good dissociative feeling with vivid and descriptive visuals then.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3248285 - 10/12/04 07:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If anyone's wondering if my current bag of salvia might be uhh, not bunk but fucked up, I'll reply with an update after I give salvia its last chance when my doses come in the mail from the "Just Say Once" guy.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
    #3249063 - 10/12/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yea the first time i did extract i thought i was dying cuz i hadent exhaled yet, lol dind realize i was breathing

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience