Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
Extreme stomach discomfort...
    #850398 - 08/29/02 05:33 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

20g of shrooms were given to someone to take to a festival last week ( a mixture of amazonian and mazatapec which all got thrown together in the same bag) and I've just heard back about their experiences. One person hardly tripped off them and felt no discomfort, a couple more had bad stomach cramps lasting around 6 hours, and two more people were apparently writhing around in agony from the pain :/ There was no visible contamination, and they were dried in less than a day so there was no rotting or anything. It's got me baffled. None of them had tried shrooms before, and took around 2g each. Any ideas what might have caused such a reaction?? Maybe they all have very senstive stomachs or something? I mean, I feel nauseaous on very small quantites aswell but never to that extent. I'd have thought if there was some contamination or shit in the shrooms then the person that felt fine would have also been suffering?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: Extreme stomach discomfort... [Re: Sorted]
    #850472 - 08/29/02 06:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe it was the festival food? Did they eat before the trip??

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#850539 - 08/29/02 07:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well, it's gong to be hard to trouble-shoot this online...

> One person hardly tripped off them and felt no discomfort, a couple more had bad stomach cramps lasting around 6 hours, and two more people were apparently writhing around in agony from the pain

It?s possible that all of the 20g was bad; because 1 person had no symptoms does not imply that all of the 20g was okay.

>There was no visible contamination...
Not all contamination is visible.

IMO, it seems like it might of been a combination of possibly tainted mushrooms and a poor set and setting. It may just be a poor set and setting. Or it may just be tainted mushrooms. Or like DreaMaTrix said it may of been a bad combination of food (ie. spicy food, dairy products) that may not have agreed with the mushrooms. And also, I have never heard of any trip reports of such stomach discomfort from 2g doses!

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #850591 - 08/29/02 08:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like food poisoning. Nobody should be writhing in agony from normal shroom stomach discomfort. What did they eat that day besides mushrooms?

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#851533 - 08/29/02 05:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I go with the food idea from above....... or some of them hypnotised themselves into think they had a stomach problem due to bad setting......

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience