Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

salvia.. is a bad trip possible?
    #3820004 - 02/22/05 10:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i havent ever done more than pot. I cant seem to get shrooms, and LSD i think ill wait for.. so i settled for salvia. is it possible to have like, a really bad scary trip on salvia? could you guys describe some of your salvia experiences?

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemojav3
Administrator OfProcrastination

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3820203 - 02/22/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have read that salvia isn't really fun for most people, mostly used as a means of discovery or enlightenment, not used for recreation often. From what i've read salvia trips don't last long and they are often very intense and profound. Some people are uncomfortable during these trips. On the other hand, some people really enjoy it. I have never done it but I have read lots about it so maybe this will help you. If you are looking to experience something like pot, salvia is not what you want most likely. Most people react differently to salvia, some like it, some don't. The only way to know is to try it. Hope this helps alittle.  :thumbup:

--------------------
- hunker down you hairy dog -

Edited by mojav3 (02/22/05 11:06 PM)

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: mojav3]
    #3820257 - 02/22/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i really want either weird visuals or a divine enlightenment type of thing, hard to explain i guess

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3820432 - 02/22/05 11:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

UlisSausage7, Salvia divinorum is a great plant and yes a bad trip is possible, but it is also possible with many other substances. Mindset plays a key role in any entheogenic experience. One thing I find when deciding a new plant ally to incorporate into my spiritual path is to read as many trip reports as I can.
Check out Erowid, Sally Vault
Read some of the bad trips and trip disasters and try and see what triggered them to happen. Alot of the time, set and setting play another crucial card in dealing a bad trip. Make a list of the things that you think caused these bad trips and make sure that you do your best when you decide to indulge to follow some guidelines.
Some examples are; #1 MOST IMPORTANT! Make sure that you are not suffering from any psychological distress at the time, this can be brought out during the trip and be intensified and can turn into one hell of an experience.
Having a sober sitter, this is important with S.divinorum as if one goes to far there is a chance that the body will try to stand up and move around, although the mind does not follow. Make sure the phone is off the hook, no friends are gonna stop by and you are in a very comfortable setting. I find throwing a bunch of blankets and pillows on the ground makes a very comforting place.
Dim the lights, put on some ambient music or whatever makes you feel comfortable and calm, I personally like drumming and chanting and other meditative music.
The great thing with S.divinorum is that the experience is quite short compared to mushrooms or LSD, more along the lines of a DMT, a gutwrenching blast into another dimension. So just in case a bad experience arouses, you can be assured that the peak does not last too long but remember the effects that it has on you may be detrimental to your mental well being after the trip is all over.
Do not let the idea of a bad trip scare you away from trying a new ally. In my experience with entheogens I have yet to have a bad trip. There have been overly intense times but nothing that affected me for the worse.
So check out Erowid Vaults for any entheogenic info you need.

Know your substance, know your setting and know yourself and you'll be ok UlisSausage7!

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Loc: georgia
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? *DELETED* [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #3820460 - 02/22/05 11:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by wishcouldeletethis

Reason for deletion: k

Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3820705 - 02/23/05 01:02 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke salvia 10x and i have never had a bad trip actually i dont believe there is such a thing as a "bad" trip but i usually smoke it right when i am falling alseep and i go straight into a dream, its the best way i ahve found to enjoy salvia and i usually wake up where i left never gone wondering, usually get up in a pool of sweat, thats the only problem i have wit it isa the sweating but if its ur first time i would ahve a sitter cause u dont know how you will react with the drug, but its nice i like the fact its only a few min(but feels like hours:) cause some night i dont have all day to trip.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: digihelix]
    #3820856 - 02/23/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

for me, 20% of the time something scarey is mixed into the experience. like daily life, not exactly what you thought you wanted, but pretty good.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3821585 - 02/23/05 10:03 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think good and bad are even a question. It's just a shattering experience. Someone in a recent salvia thread said it was like someone putting a shotgun to your head and blowing away everything you know about reality. Is that good or bad? Both. Neither. Everything.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3821602 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

that was the gonzo journalistic summation

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3821606 - 02/23/05 10:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I go for the acid or the mushrooms, I think it's funny, you don't want something scary, so you choose salvia? Bad can be good sometimes, I like the dark side at times :evil:. Good is mixed with bad and it can be real ambiguous.

Hard to classify, these things are.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3821659 - 02/23/05 10:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i find that with salvia, the trip is neither good or bad. it just happens and i accept it. its only after i return to reality that i begin to think whether it was good or bad. the first time smoked salvia, i thought i died. at the time i was neither liking it or disliking it. however, thinking about freaked me out for a few weeks after.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: alsey]
    #3821796 - 02/23/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvinorin - a

under 300 mics per session it is disappointing (1/40 th gm of 5x)
under 450 mics per session it is 98% terrific (1/25 th gm of 5x)
above 450 mics per session it is 50% scary -- (bad?)(interesting)
above 650 mics per session it is 50% not available for comment & scary (1/20th gm of 5x)

for my body weight and ingestion method (efficiently smoked not stirred or sucked or chewed)

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: alsey]
    #3821815 - 02/23/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
i find that with salvia, the trip is neither good or bad. it just happens and i accept it. its only after i return to reality that i begin to think whether it was good or bad. the first time smoked salvia, i thought i died. at the time i was neither liking it or disliking it. however, thinking about freaked me out for a few weeks after.

The exact same thing happened to me. I wasn't that scared during the trip, but weeks afterward now I am really scared about trying Salvia again.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: MOTH]
    #3821963 - 02/23/05 11:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm... salvia, I have had my fair share of salvia experiences, its true when you say its neither good or bad, its just an experience. An experience you wouldn't dream of. One minute everything is normal, nothing un-unusual. You take the hit, then as the seconds build up, what you know as reality is rapidly being replaced by some other form of existence, i see this as a cartoon/make believe world. I, personally change, to a character from this reality. Reality can stay like this for up to 30 minutes. It's very hard to describe, almost impossible to give you an idea what it is about without you actually trying it.

The best advice i can give you is just go for it and don't expect anything, just let what happens happen and don't be afraid. You'll come out better for the experience.

Peace,
Mushie Man  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #3823250 - 02/23/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with pretty much everything that has been said here. It is an amazingly intense experience. I smoke the 20 x when I smoke it. It's expensive to buy, but it last quite some time because it takes very little to get what you want out of it.

I find that my most intense and messed up experiences are when I turn on some music (heavy music, have not tried it with any light music) and smoke it. It will take you into a different world that you have no control of.

Sometimes the trip is enjoyable and other times I am completely frightened for the duration of the trip. It's not something you want to do every day. I tend to smoke it about once every two weeks and I never do it alone. I'm one of those people that gets up and walks around during the trip and has no clue where I am going, so I could get hurt easily if I did it by myself.

Just respect it and you will get what you want out of it. And don't do it alone until you know how it will affect you.

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3823803 - 02/23/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've had a lot of neutral Salvia experiences and a lot of very good salvia experiences. A lot of it has to do with set mind before going into the trip, and how stable your personality is, if you ask me. The more people have been unsure of themselves, I've noticed, the more likely they are to have negativity while tripping. I've only known one person that was an exception to this.

Yes, it is very possible to have a very negative trip. Salvia will distort EVERYTHING. I smoke 5x generally and 10x on occasion. Anything more than that I will usually experience a "Blackout" type phase and not remember my trip at all. Salvia is not a *Fun* drug, but as people say over and over, it's more of an "Educational/enlightening" drug. I have *NO* idea why it is legal at all, but hey whatever floats the government's boat, right? It's not like we can keep them from banning substances. Anyways, back to topic... Tripping on salvia is like no other experience I've had. Just make sure your do it under the proper conditions!

Happy Tripping!

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3833215 - 02/25/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i figured, but i had never read about a bad trip so i was just wondering.. anyways, im doing them tonight so ill try and post back in a day or so.. thanks for the info/help guys

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineArchemetis
    #3833429 - 02/25/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvia's teaching methods and sence of humor seem to be more on the dark side, ime. not nessesarily a bad thing though. just very intence and different from anything familiar.

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #3834707 - 02/25/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I can't take the experience from salvia. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and we used to get KW and smoke it in these little pin joints. I would forget how to breath and if you were in a car driving (as a passenger, I don't know how anyone could actually operate a car under the influence of that stuff), you could be going 90 miles an hour and it seemed like you were barely moving at all. At least salvia doesn't last so long but it make me feel the same way.  :confused:

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3835045 - 02/25/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

UlisSausage7 said:
i havent ever done more than pot. I cant seem to get shrooms, and LSD i think ill wait for.. so i settled for salvia. is it possible to have like, a really bad scary trip on salvia? could you guys describe some of your salvia experiences?

Let's see. Describe my experiences. First, sally grabs you by the spine, pulls you down with all her might, begins to stab your back with needles, and finally, kicks you off into another dimension. By the time you realize you're tripping, the trip's over. At least that's how it plays out with me.

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3835172 - 02/25/05 10:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, its not too much to worry about in my opinion. Even if you were to have a real bad trip, the duration of a salvia experience lasts only a few minutes.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Frappy]
    #3835645 - 02/26/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
Yeah, its not too much to worry about in my opinion. Even if you were to have a real bad trip, the duration of a salvia experience lasts only a few minutes.

But when under the influence, it can feel like an eternity....

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlinemichotim002
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #3836908 - 02/26/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

but i've heard that when u smoek a less potent form a salvia it makes everything brighter and you feel like your high

Offlinejoecrab
Moon Child

Loc: The Beautiful Suwannee Ri...
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: michotim002]
    #3837225 - 02/26/05 01:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

salvia is strange/beautiful hallucinogen, i dont think that a bad trip is possible on it, just put yourself in a good enviorment and enjoy...USE A WATER PIECE!! :smile:

--------------------
and the moral of the story is, don't try to meditate on methamphetamines

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: joecrab]
    #3838482 - 02/26/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am really a newb with salvia, smoked maybe 7 times now. One thing that I notice is that no matter what happens you will not remember everything that was important. I haven't had a bad trip yet, but I think even if you did you might not have very clear recollection.

For example you might think a dog was chasing you and you were scared. However, the actual trip itself was probably a lot different... hard to explain but maybe the dog was not scaring you at all, but something else... Very hard to explain.

I find I'm a bit nervous just before I inhale, but once it kicks in I'm like "Oh yah, I remember this! This is no problem". Then I just sit back and experience it.

BTW I experience sweating even with low doses.

OfflineReeferMadness
Day Tripper

#3842947 - 02/27/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hoo boy, salvia is the wierdest shit on the face of the planet!
10x extract will blast into another world dude, it's so fucking wierd.
It can be scary because of the sheer power it has, like exhale the smoke, and you're gone, instantly. The thing I like best about it is that I normally feel a female presence while under the influence, Sally has even talked to me, and she can be very comforting. I sweat too, alot.

--------------------
Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with a
foolish grin is perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him, that can see
that he's just a fool as he never gives an answer
But the fool on hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world
spinning round.-The Beatles' 'Magical Mystery Tour'

Edited by ReeferMadness (02/27/05 06:46 PM)

Offlinedigihelix
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: ReeferMadness]
    #3843035 - 02/27/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone know what the sweating is from is it your body releasing toxins or is it your body fighting this drug, does anyone know cause i am kinda curious?

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#3844766 - 02/27/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

In my experience salvia isnt likely to produce the kind of bad-trip that a traditional psychedelic might produce, like where things really spin out of control/high emotions and paranoia. It is definately possible not to like salvia though...I thought it was a really crappy experience...like it just sucked, felt like getting hit in the head with a shovel.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #3845592 - 02/28/05 06:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you sweat because it's such an intense and scary experience.
I never sweat that much. And I usually take my shirt of when I trip on Salvia.

OfflinesHrOoMeRrR420
Narcotics Agent
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #3846039 - 02/28/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

never tried shrooms or acid... going to try salvia?...

GL :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: sHrOoMeRrR420]
    #3846378 - 02/28/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

one of the senses that gets amplified is heat
another is prickling
the sweating seems to be some feed back with these two.

i kind of like it.

--------------------

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3847987 - 02/28/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i cant get shrooms anywhere.. and acid i am doing in a week or so... yeah

--------------------
Marx said:

OfflineBlashpherion05
Stranger
    #3848141 - 02/28/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Everytime I have used saliva I have had a horrifying experience, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Blashpherion05]
    #3848354 - 02/28/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

true, but its ALWAYS different for different people

--------------------
Marx said:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3848907 - 02/28/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I almost always get flushed and hot as the salvia effect ends.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinephishman
Stranger
    #3850037 - 03/01/05 12:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A few tips for a good trip: Have a friend around, just in case. Set and setting are extremely important as with any drug. I recommend only being with one or two other people. It's not fun to have a lot of people watching you or sitting around laughing. My favorite is to dim lights way down or off. Music adds a nice touch, but silence or nature is a lot better IMO. Make sure your sitting. Be aware salvia produces not only a strong visual experience, but a much more heavy body experience IMO. The force will be strange, you will probably rethink gravity. The peak is only for about 5 mins. There are lots of good resources out there, read the trip reports at erowid.org go to the link for Daniel Sieberts website and read his FAQ. I wouldn't recommend anything higher than 5x for your first time.

--------------------
"Most people are walking in their sleep, turn them around, start them in the opposite direction and they wouldn't even know the difference."

-Captain Alfred M. Hubbard

Offlinepyronicx
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: phishman]
    #3862102 - 03/03/05 11:27 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

I have quite alot of experience with salvia the most with salvia 20x
it can be a total revelation or total chaos or horror all depends on setting mood etc and do it always with a person you trust believe me you don't want to do it with ppl you don't know good.
Extreme parranoia could kick in but most of the times i used salvia it was a revelation a great feeling very intresting drug i like it over any other drug i tried.
I would say try it first time with a sitter that you trist if it would go wrong then he could always calm you and the trips are very short.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: pyronicx]
    #3862120 - 03/03/05 11:30 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

I feel like I'm in a cosmic blender on Salvia...I'm also going for my 2nd breakthrough this weekend.  No thoughts, no expectations, just going to go for it!  :smile:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: MOTH]
    #3865480 - 03/03/05 10:28 PM (19 years, 30 days ago)

oh wise ellemy, you will do well on this trip

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? - report of experience [Re: jux]
    #3866738 - 03/04/05 06:38 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

this one is both good and bad - if you call physical discomfort bad.

after 6 days - subjectively a very long time for me - I took 450 mics of salvinorin on cigarette paper - combusted and inhaled while sitting in the bath (dose equal to ~1/5 th of a gram of regular leaf) - consumed in a flash of a breath that felt like nothing, and held for 20 seconds or so:

10 seconds later a mild recognition of effect (welcoming)

20 seconds later pastel candy color and an inclination to close eyes and see this crystallizing architectural vision more clearly. (joyous wwelcoming)

30 seconds and awestruck and happy to have taken the opportunity to revisit salvia space. (still joyous)

120 seconds and scribbling in my book about the quaint buildings which seem to have brassierre shapes of some metal or plastic contrasting well with the red brick diagonally between the windows .
(fascinated)

200 seconds and physical urgency feelings of stretch and pressure are very uncomfortable and I wonder why I had so much and why do I like this anyway. a fair bit of splashing and wiping up with the towel is evidence of the discomfort.
(some confused agony mixed into the fascination and joy)

300 seconds and it is fading and sad/happy that it is over until the next time, though the grip of totality type thinking persists and will be useful through the next 3 days
(re-integration)

--------------------

Offlinearmyofdavid
Stranger
    #7387462 - 09/09/07 09:49 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

UlisSausage7 said:

Alright, so yesterday at 27 years old I decided to see what all the hype was about. my sister was in from out of town and we decided to go to a "head shop" and buy some salvia. I had done more than 200 hits of acid, and smoked more than 20 or so lbs over the course of a decade. So, joking about it, I told my sister that is was probably a hoax but for 30 bucks wed try it out.

So, I get home with a 40x vile of "sticky salvia" and load the bong. I took a huge deep hit from the bong thinking it was like reefer and I'd build up a high.

IT WASN'T!!

I had a "bad trip" for the first time ever. I'll explain this trip to the best of my ability.

I was suddenly zapped into an alternate universe. I had no body of any sort. I was part of something much bigger like a painted mural or plastic. parts of me were being pulled apart and I was terrified that I had just come into the world for a few short seconds just to be pulled apart by something much bigger.

I start coming to and seeing my wife and sister looking at me terrified. I was also terrified but still messed up. I had finally came back to this world but my head was still seeing funny. My wife's head was floating and she had no body either. I couldn't figure out why they were looking at me so odd and I could get up either. the washer looked like a large metal surface and I couldn't figure out why it was there or what it was for.

We went outside and it was raining. I was thinking it was my sweat and I was getting everyone et and I felt more embarrassed than ever. I finally realized and remembered that I had smoked something sometime before that.

I decided to go upstairs and lay down until I could stop hallucinating. the walls in my room felt really small for about 20 minutes.

total trip time was about 45 minutes. But, it was my first time with 40x and I took a huge hit and held it.

later i smoked some more and didn't freak out as bad. I didn't leave the planet, but I did however have some nasty hallucinations still.

Bottom line, I wouldn't do this without anyone around. also, I wouldn't do this if you have any responsibilities to attend to. Lastly, If you're going to do this, do it soon. Once uncle SAM figures out what it does, it will be illegal fo sho.

Invisibletinyclanger
Stranger
Female

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: armyofdavid]
    #7388319 - 09/09/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thing is, memory of a salvia trip fades really quickly no matter how hard you try to hold it (your sober brain just won't be able to recreate it) so... well yeah you can have a 'bad trip' but it's no worse than a bad dream. go for it - the only thing i've ever tried that's actually blown my mind.

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: tinyclanger]
    #7388368 - 09/09/07 02:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No thing is: he bumped a 5 year old thread:lol:

but I agree with you about that tinyclanger, really nicely put.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisibletinyclanger
Stranger
Female

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Nalim]
    #7388676 - 09/09/07 04:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

haha oh dear. old threads should come with a warning...

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7388681 - 09/09/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If you think bad trips exist in your world!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: tinyclanger]
    #7388684 - 09/09/07 04:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

They do.
The dude before it must have ignored the huge text saying: THIS THREAD IS OLDER THAN 30 DAYS
IT IS EXACTLY 900(or w/e) DAYS OLD

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Offlinebakerskate125
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Nalim]
    #7389169 - 09/09/07 06:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's possible to have a bad trip, but not as bad as a shroom trip, since you only trip hard for about 15 min on salvia and shrooms is several hours so its not actually that bad. Also it is unlikely that you will be vivdly hillucenating, only time I STARTED to see shit a little bit was 40X out of a 3 foot bong. Mostely it gives me a REALLY strange body fry, and makes me confused as fuck.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: bakerskate125]
    #7394235 - 09/10/07 10:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The main drawback I've found for salvia is summarized in one word: Fear. The first time I ever smoked salvia I was 15. It was pure terror, I was too young to grasp the concept of my reality being destroyed like that. I've experiemented with it some since then over the last 6 years, but very rarely. In fact, the last time I did it, almost 2 years ago, I was blatantly "told" not to come back until I was more mentally developed, or I wouldn't get what I wanted out of it.

Also, anyone I've convinced to try salvia for the first time felt massive fear as well. And thats somewhere between 15-20 people. Keep in mind none of these people were over 20 years old the first time they tried it...and I think that has alot to do with how well you can handle something that mentally devastating.

...I think I'll go back sometime before New Year's...I think I've developed much since then.

--------------------
:mallow:

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #7394306 - 09/10/07 10:46 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yes i had one.

Offlinecolourfulpenguin
Stranger

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: pong]
    #7395854 - 09/11/07 11:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Personally, I love saliva, I do it pretty often. I find that a low dose can give me a great, happy, peaceful, calmer day. Whilea medium does can give me a great 'trip expierence'. Ive yet to have a bad trip, out of probably 25 or so.

OfflineOdum
stress of babylon
Male
Loc: GA
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: colourfulpenguin]
    #7396538 - 09/11/07 02:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i attempted to exit a car whilst moving and started demanding the driver to tell me who was in the back seat. needless to say there was no one in the back seat.
a couple o years ago i discovered salvia and binged on it but on a whole i think its a waste of money cuz for me the high is too short, intense, and the trip is extremely hard to explain so you are bound to do stupid shit

Offlinehckyfvr17
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: Kerr]
    #7537592 - 10/19/07 11:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

yes you can have a bad trip with salvia..ive had one every time so far and it is actually painful at times..idk what im doin wrong

Offlinesalvia1
Stranger
    #8527568 - 06/15/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't feel anything the first couple times I did it.  But on the third time, I felt it.  I would describe it as one of the worst experiences of my life.  I was in my bathroom, so it wasn't exactly the ideal comfortable atmosphere.  What happened was on my second hit I felt like something was hijacking my brain.  My face got really hot and I started sweating.  It felt like something, for some reason specifically this ancient powerful goddess or something was controlling me.  It was like one of those ancient Aztec figures.  But I heard this rhythmic and intimidating chanting that was really angry at me.  I got extremely paranoid and thought things were going to burst through my door.  I had no control over my limbs.  I knew that I was still in my mind but something else was controlling it.  I was forced to jump up and down and then thrown to the ground.  I finally got up the power to jump into my shower in hopes to regain my control but I ended up curling up against my wall trying to escape the voice.  After around 5-10 minutes I started to regain control.  This force was leaving my mind. Maybe the place I got my Salvia from gave me some bad stuff but this is definitely not an experience that I will repeat soon.  Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Offlinexdaveyx
Stranger

#8527689 - 06/15/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

it has its scary moments...
idk you have to let her do her thing, and just stay calm/enjoying it.

to me it felt too short before i started to enjoy it. I get a lil paranoid.

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: xdaveyx]
    #8527700 - 06/15/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I find the scariest part is after your sober enough to realize what the fuck just happened

Offlineskincolormarker
Stranger

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: ultimo101]
    #8527722 - 06/15/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The best advice I can give you man is the same advice I've always had since before I took my first hit of acid, ate my first gram of shrooms, or even took my first hit of weed:

Don't trip to have a good trip. Trip to trip.

You'll find it's alot more manageable when you're not so paranoid about shit going wrong.

Offlinebig_d1891
Stranger
Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: skincolormarker]
    #11941163 - 02/01/10 10:21 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I had a bad trip yesterday.

I smoked about 1/6th gram of 10x out of a bong.
Right before I took my hit my ex-girlfriend barged into my room and started bitching at me, so I told her to leave.
Then I took my hit, and for the first 10 seconds everything was great.
Colors everywhere, with scattered hallucinations. Then I had an anxiety
attack. I couldn't breathe. I ran out of my room, stumbled down the stairs, and into my kitchen, and passed out due to air loss on my floor.
Luckily I had friends there who helped me.

Never do salvia when you have something weighing down your conscience.
It'll fuck you up. :smile:

InvisibleLibertin
Absurdist
 User Gallery

Re: salvia.. is a bad trip possible? [Re: big_d1891]
    #11941330 - 02/01/10 10:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

big_d1891 said:
I had a bad trip yesterday.

I smoked about 1/6th gram of 10x out of a bong.
Right before I took my hit my ex-girlfriend barged into my room and started bitching at me, so I told her to leave.
Then I took my hit, and for the first 10 seconds everything was great.
Colors everywhere, with scattered hallucinations. Then I had an anxiety
attack. I couldn't breathe. I ran out of my room, stumbled down the stairs, and into my kitchen, and passed out due to air loss on my floor.
Luckily I had friends there who helped me.

Never do salvia when you have something weighing down your conscience.
It'll fuck you up. :smile:

You're totally right about the anxieity issue, it's vital that you're in a good state of mind when going into any trip. Part of the problem might be that you smoked about 3 times more than is necessary. I would recommend smoking 1/20 of a gram, whatever the strength of the extract. If you don't breakthrough, load another bowl - but only use 1/20 of a gram each time. Another suggestion, when taking salvia have a plan and stick to it! You really should lie/sit down and not move, don't go anywhere! This is important. Regardless of what I have just said, salvia is capable of giving you a bad trip - any time you use it. It should not be taken lightly, it's not at all recreational in my opinion. I hope you haven't been scared off of salvia by this experience.

Also, this thread has been inactive for over 1 year, and was started over 4 years ago ^^

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order