Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Is salvia fun?
    #2419164 - 03/11/04 02:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Is Salvia a fun drug? Is it worth buying? Or is it just weird and a waste of time? What do you guys think, I'm getting money tomorrow and if I'm getting the impression its worth the buy I'm ordering straight away

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: filthysock]
    #2419186 - 03/11/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Is Salvia a fun drug?

-no

Is it worth buying?

-sure, its pretty cheap anyway.

Or is it just weird and a waste of time?

-Its really weird, but probably not a waste of time

What do you guys think, I'm getting money tomorrow and if I'm getting the impression its worth the buy I'm ordering straight away

Get like a gram of 10x, thats not too expensive. You might just use one dose and forget about the rest, its pretty crazy stuff. Having done it myself, I woudln't spend any money on it, I didn't like it at all. Keep in mind, however, that it was the craziest most alien drug experience I've ever had, easily. I just didn't like it, it scared the shlt out of me and I didn't get anything out of it.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2419232 - 03/11/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have never been scared by salvia. I've had bad shroom trips, but salvia is just different. I don't understand a bad salvia trip.

a gram of 10x won't cost much, but a oz of dried leaf will be about the same cost, and last you for about twenty doses.

Salvia is pretty far out there, but not unpleasant (for me) at all.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #2419239 - 03/11/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Is it fun?
Not at all

Is it worth buying?
Well that depends on the buyer.
For me it was well worth it. I have a good stash of it, but only smoke it very occasionally.

Is it just weird and a waste of time?
It's very very weird, but not a waste of time IMHO.
It can teach you a lot of stuff, but it is not a pleasant experience if that's what you're looking for.

edit: yes, although i don't think it is a pleasant experience (like acid or mushrooms), i don't find it unpleasant either. It's neutral but very intense, sometimes a bit scary when you finaly remember you had a previous life before the salvia world and decide you want to come back.

Edited by esin (03/11/04 03:23 PM)

Invisibleshriek

#2419472 - 03/11/04 04:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i like salvia :smile: if you want i can give you a link where you can buy cuttings in norway complelty legal, i got 5 plants myself. but i wouldnt  bother to spend my money on extracts and such.

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
    #2419822 - 03/11/04 05:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

haha i don't know about fun. maybe funNY when it's all over though.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: temperance]
    #2419842 - 03/11/04 05:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

for me, it's terrifying. every time. even though i know what to expect, it's fucking scary as hell.

--------------------

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Loc: sudbury, ontario
Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2419971 - 03/11/04 06:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

really scary and weird. my friend went to happy cartoon land though, so perhaps you may too. please for the love of god dont buy an extract and just get the plain leaf. extract is for later.

--------------------
lime and limpid green the sound surrounds the icy waters underground

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#2419983 - 03/11/04 06:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Man, no offense, but I don't like the way people phrase things some times. "Is it a waste of time?" What the hell is that, over a massively subjective topic. Sure it is a waste of time for some, but clearly some people are very into it.
Along the same lines, when people declare something like "Either it was a bad batch or the potency reports of this drug are way off." That's right, jackass, everyone else is wrong, based on one experience.
Personally, I find salvia to be Massively Overwhelming. But I have gotten some goodness out of it.

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2420027 - 03/11/04 06:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If you are heavy into tripping, and have lots of control over yourself and where you want to go, maybe salvia is for you. But for me its being shot way the fuck out there, entirely too fast.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2420086 - 03/11/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HarveyWalbanger said:
But for me its being shot way the fuck out there, entirely too fast.

You'll be tripping before you exhale, and peaking in about 2 minutes. It is very fast acting smoked, but doesn't last a very long time.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2420337 - 03/11/04 08:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Guys... you are fucking scaring me, it sounds terible! I read your report shriek and it sounded really interesting. Not fun, but interesting. Is it explainable? OF all the things I've heard about this sounds like the most mystical experience of it all. DO you see hallucinations infront of you like on mushrooms or acid or are you just like "living in your own imagination" during the trip?
Shriek, please send me that link, I'm very interested!
The thing is I do easily get physically uncomfortable if things are wrong during a mushroom trip, so would this mean I couldnt handle Salvia? It sounds more like Salvia is so beyond your controll that you couldnt freak out on it anyway since freaking out deals with realizing an experience and fighting it.

--------------------

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

#2420364 - 03/11/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
The thing is I do easily get physically uncomfortable if things are wrong during a mushroom trip, so would this mean I couldnt handle Salvia?

Well, the thing I have experienced and like about salvia is that it lasts not very long at all. To me, it's worth the possible (probable?) discomfort since it's over so quickly.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

OfflineOnTheBeach
Mr. Sassy Pants
Loc: UK
    #2420468 - 03/11/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I find it to be *really* intense and I'm not planning on trying it again (although, I was using 10x so no wonder it caned me). I didn't had any real breakthroughs, but I had several episodes where I was partially in salvia space and partially still in my room which were overwhelmingly weird. Not fun at all.

First time I was hitting 10x whilst trying to write a text message at the same time - big mistake. My perception seemed to jolt to the right very suddenly and it felt as if the whole right side of my body had been burnt. This is really difficult to explain, but from this new perspective (seemingly slightly out of sync with my physical body) I saw the "matter" that made up objects as black solid mass, and saw the individual mix of colours (varying amounts of cyan, magenta and yellow) that reflect off the matter to give these objects colour. At first I was staring at my phone in a mixture of confusion and amazement, then I jumped up off the bed and starting writing all kinds of crap on the PC about understanding the nature of time-space. Of course 20 minutes later none of it made any sense at all and what I had written was entirely useless. This might sound vaguely fun, but the overall mindset of it was total and complete confusion.

Next time I thought I would prepare properly, set and setting perfect. Spent an hour meditating beforehand. After holding it in for about 30 seconds I got a *really* overwhelming feeling of dread. Difficult to explain, but I got a sense that reality was "crumbling", and to my right side I could *feel* reality deconstructing. Suddenly I saw letters and words dancing on the walls, and then the wall to the right and the wall in front of me suddenly disintegrated. It felt as if I was going to fall into this darkness. I jumped off the bed, and cause I was partially in salvia space and partially in my room I couldn't understand what the hell was happening. I thought that I had caused the destruction of reality and panicked (and rather humerously, also thought that my housemates would rush in and be furious with me for causing reality to cease to exist). Things returned to normal after several minutes. Again, the mindset produced was one of confusion and near delerium. Not fun. Way too intense and unforgiving, and I don't think I'd like to experience a breakthrough on it, cause that would be an order of magnitude weirder than my previous experiences.

The key thing I disliked were the feelings it evoked in me: confusion, disorientation and dread.

Having said all that, I guess everyone has different experiences and opinions of salvia, but for me it's just too crazy to be useful. I can see how it might be useful for experienced trippers but for me, I think I'll pass.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: OnTheBeach]
    #2420494 - 03/11/04 09:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Can it fuck your mind though? Like drive you insane?

--------------------

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: OnTheBeach]
    #2420514 - 03/11/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, the feeling....  I dunno about dread, but it strikes me as a specific feeling I've had before....    I was once at a new years party and smoked it (horrible place to do it...  too many people)  and I apparently described the feeling to my sitter as "Its like when the world is staring at you for doing something wrong.."

But I really wouldnt be scared, its a very very familiar feeling....  you're just also completely forgeting the series of reactions that make up "you" when it kicks in.... and then it comes back... :smile:  its a strange vibrating buzz/taste....

Sitters help the experience alot, they're reality anchors...  you focus more on what exactly you're feeling after you remember you just smoked a strange substance....  have fun :smile:

--------------------

OfflineOnTheBeach
Mr. Sassy Pants
Loc: UK
    #2420616 - 03/11/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

- Can it drive you insane?

I doubt there's any sizeable risk of going insane from it. I just found it a bit too intense and fast acting to enjoy it. If the time's right I may try it again when I'm more experienced.

The only real way of answering the question of whether or not you'll get anything out of it or not is to try it for yourself. If it's unpleasant, well, it only lasts for a short while anyway.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2420713 - 03/11/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Can it fuck your mind though?  Like drive you insane?

I've never heard of any diagnosable disorders or anything as a result of salvia, but from my experiences, it's like experiencing something so unbelievable that there might be a temporary feeling of distance from other people (as in a day). It's mainly a feeling of "This person I'm talking to has no idea what experienced 2 hours earlier. Wow." It goes away pretty quickly.

It's also a reason why I love the Shroomery. Where else could you talk about being sucked into a vortex, laughing at the fact that you're human, and have someone else say "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!" I think there is a different language that those who have experienced salvia often speak.  :nut: All my salvia trips have been positive, so I think there is a lot to learn and enjoy from it, but salvia seems to be very different from person to person (to say the least).

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Re: Is salvia fun? [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #2420714 - 03/11/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HarveyWalbanger said:
its a very very familiar feeling....

For me it is too.

--------------------

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

#2421246 - 03/12/04 12:27 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i didnt like it at all. I had some of the salvia leaves a while back. so basically we packed it into a bong id would keep hitting it
and my friend would keep packing it, he told me to hold it in as long as possible, so i was sitting there for like a minute trying to not cough or anything. took about 6 bowls lol, but then i felt all the blood in my left arm, like every vein, i could feel the blood rushing thru it, it was a weird feeling. you also tend to sweat like a motherfukah. at least me and my friend were when we did it. but anyways that blood was rushing, and iwas like 'wooooah man i feel it', then i stood up and was like 'this sucks, fuck this man' but it was all slow and shit cause iwas tripping. then i went over to the sink, splashed some water on my face and it was over.
its pretty intense stuff, but i just didnt like the feeling. and plus you sweat BALLS on it. :P

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience