Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Two questions about salvia
    #3886347 - 03/08/05 09:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have searched the archives and googled and read.

I have discovered that salvia is available in Japan and I'm getting close to giving it a try. Despite having read up on it I still have a couple questions.

1) Does your present state of mind have any impact on a salvia trip?

I know with LSD and weed and so on that the type of high you get is greatly influenced by the state of mind you are in when you take the drug. With salvia it sounds like, from what I've been reading, that the high is so strong that your frame of mind before will not matter. What are your opinions about this?

2) Is there any way I can be sure to get a full on salvia high but not totally forget it with just one try?

From what I've read there are two problems. The first is breaking through and getting there in the first place and the second is getting so high that you don't even remember what happened, like you just veg out and wake up. I want to do it once, check it out, and be done with it. The point I want to reach is where you lose your ability to comprehend death and you lose your ego and id and just spend some time in a place where time has no meaning. I realize that DMT could get me there but realistically I can't get my hands on it. Some people mention reaching this point on salvia. I don't care if I have to smoke it, chew it or put it in a brownie I just want to get the right high in one shot. It's just my gut instinct that it's not particularly good for you so I don't want to do it over and over again looking to get it right.

--------------------
What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

-John Heisman

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

-Scam Newton

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: Two questions about salvia [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #3886553 - 03/08/05 11:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

1. Yes, your present mindset often has a lot to do with your salvia trip. I often wait for the desire to smoke it to come up naturally. I've noted a lot of instances where I've made myself smoke it and not often do I get a trip as enjoyable when the "Natural" want to smoke gets me to.

Salvia does have a VERY strong effect on the user, and from the times I've used it... the setting and set mind have a very large impact on the user. Always have a sitter, and always be comfortable before you smoke it. My room mate refuses salvia now because he got a lot of negativity from it.

2. Getting an ego loss with salvia is about the right method of smoking and the right things to do it with.

You should use a bong and a butane "Torch" type lighter for smoking salvia. Also keep in mind that unlike other drugs i.e. marijuana, salvia needs to be held in for a lot longer than other smokes. I usually hold for about 20 seconds, then hit again after exhaling. Do this until you can't smoke anymore, you'll break through, just be patient. It took me a couple of trips to finally reach it.

Also, as far as remembering the trip goes... as soon as I get done with the hard tripping, if I really want to remember my visions, I will grab a pen and paper, and start drawing everything I remember. It's almost like trying to remember your dreams. Take notes, make pictures, and reflect. That's just how I do it though.

Happy tripping!

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3886556 - 03/08/05 11:27 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well it sure sounds like you've got your shit together :smile:

Your state of mind is very important before venturing out with Lady Sally, be happy, calm, relaxed and ready. Get yourself an extract and load your bong. High heat flame is applied and inhale deeply and hold it in for like 20secs.

Quote:

It's just my gut instinct that it's not particularly good for you so I don't want to do it over and over again looking to get

Ah in my opinion it is very safe, just make sure that you have a sitter for the first few times. Happy adventuring :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3886662 - 03/08/05 11:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It is a perfectly safe drug. You just won't want to do it much

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Two questions about salvia [Re: Kerr]
    #3886685 - 03/08/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You have a good linear take on some issues; these will not be of much relavence during the brief salvia experiences.

Set and setting are not only important, they are everything.

If you take some salvia - each moment of consciousness persists longer.
If you take a bit more salvia - the persitence and overlap creates the appearance of hyperdimensional and multipersonal constructs that defy any linear expression or description.

Set and setting get layered more and more densely as you take larger amts to the extent that the completely alien experiences which ensue are impossible to remember by virtue of there being nothing to reference any part of it too.

IMO the effect is like lsd but it onsets much more rapidly and evaporates just as quickly.
There is a bit of an anaesthesia effect as well since you become very sloppy or seem drunken for a few minutes.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Two questions about salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3886712 - 03/08/05 12:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well put redgreenvines :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: Two questions about salvia [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3887124 - 03/08/05 02:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

redgreenvines says it very well.

It seems like the best time to recall these super intense salvia trips is during a new (less intense) one. The experience is definately somewhere in your brain, but very hard to remember because it is not linked to anything you would normally experience.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience