Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethelox
Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue?
    #3239235 - 10/10/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had been a everyday/multiple times a day pot smoker for many years, and decided to take a break 1 week ago. Now I am getting tired way to early in the day, even though I thought quiting would give me more energy. My diet has stayed the same, I can't think of anything else that would cause this so I am wondering if the is a withdrawl sympton. Anyone had a similar experience? I would appreciate any feedback, even drinking coffee throughout the day isn't doing the trick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: thelox]
    #3239346 - 10/10/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i get quite the opposite, i get "in a tizzy."

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: BleaK]
    #3240557 - 10/10/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

You could be using pot to self medicate a biologically caused depression. If so, then the lethargy would be a symptom of depression, not quitting pot, but it would seem like quitting pot caused the lethargy. If so it's not going to get better until you start smoking again or get some meds to deal with it.

Many people who smoke pot multiple times a day are self medicating, so it seems like they develop symptoms when they quit, but these aren't withdrawl symptoms, just symptoms of the original self medication program being stopped. It's a fine distinction, but an important one.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinepacopaco
Mad Hatter

Loc: Upstate New York
    #3240624 - 10/10/04 09:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, quitting long term smoking will have some effects, although i do agree with the self-medicating theory.  Some people will experience sleep insomnia for weeks after quitting smoking, others have no problem quitting at all.  I can definitely sympathize with taking a break, I'm at a point where I'm seriously cutting back as well (long complicated, frustrating story...) and I am noticing things that are different from when I smoked on a regular basis.  I find the best way to try and shake those feelings is to stick to a routine, a new routine helps.  If you can, exercise.. if you have time or are a morning person, wake up a half an hour early and go jog - even for 10 or 15 minutes, then do it at night if you can, or go for a walk.  I find that being active definitely helps.  Find distractions, stimulate your mind - puzzles, reading a new hobby.. whatever.  I know that can be hard if you are groggy but if it is a withdrawl thing you may be able to fool yourself (because although I want to take a break - i want to smoke as well...).  Also, some exercise will give you more energy naturally and symptoms of withdrawl will fade with time.  Peace and good luck! :smile:

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3240655 - 10/10/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I am experiencing the same thing
It is from all the oils in your lungs after smoking for years

You brain is only getting a small percentage of the oxygen it is designed to get.

I find if I get my heart and lungs pumping hard for the first 20 min of my day I feel great until mid afternoon then it's back to heart rate again. I must get as much O2 to my brain

Try an experiment like I did. Everymorning I did 20 min a hard exercise. No coffee. After a week you will see a huge improvement. Shit after your first day you will feel much better

ENOUGH OXYGEN IS NOT GETTING THRU ALL THAT TAR AND HASH

And lack of oxygen is the number one reason for fatigue
Also drink alot of fluids

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3240819 - 10/10/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:imwithstupid:

I call bullshit.  If your brain wasn't getting enough oxygen you would be dead.  It's true excersise will make you feel better, but those mechanisms are not oxygen effects.  You can't just make this health shit up.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: tomk]
    #3241192 - 10/10/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good call tomk

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #3241404 - 10/11/04 12:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
You could be using pot to self medicate a biologically caused depression. If so, then the lethargy would be a symptom of depression, not quitting pot, but it would seem like quitting pot caused the lethargy. If so it's not going to get better until you start smoking again or get some meds to deal with it.

Many people who smoke pot multiple times a day are self medicating, so it seems like they develop symptoms when they quit, but these aren't withdrawl symptoms, just symptoms of the original self medication program being stopped. It's a fine distinction, but an important one.

so he needs to stop self medicating? and get some meds?

BWAAAHHHAHAA.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineRedo
CTA

#3241747 - 10/11/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

stop drinking coffee or any caffinated drinks, caffine stays in your system for almost a full day. If you get in the habit of caffinated drinks you can have a crash when it starts to come out.

as for the fatigue, pot is a mild downer, and your body may be getting used to using all its vitals to the fullest again.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: Redo]
    #3241795 - 10/11/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"so he needs to stop self medicating? and get some meds?

BWAAAHHHAHAA."

Thats not what I said. I said that if his problem was something like self medicating depression, he will need to get some sort of treatment to cure his problem. This could be a return to marijuana use, or psychopharmological treatment. I never said anything that would imply that he should stop self medicating. Self medicating is fine, but in any event, if he is self medicating it would be better to be aware of it, then to be self medicating and not aware of it. Thats all I meant. I mean what is the alternative? Falsely believing that his problem is from marijuana withdrawl? Then what, he will feel like an addict or loser and that his problem is his fault for using pot in the first place? Not treating the condition? Then he will continue to suffer symptoms. Continuing to use but being blind to the motivation of the use? Thats better (at least the condition is being treated), but still not optimal. For example, if he is self medicating but unaware of that, then he might not use marijuana for some stressful event, and that would be exactly the wrong call. All the alternatives are worse then realizing there is a motivation for the use and deciding based on that to either use it to medicate or switch to a psychopharm.

If he is self medicating and chooses to stop marijuana, then he will have to choose between psychopharms, or suffering the symptoms. Thats all I said. I realize a lot of people have had pill pusher shrinks and have nothing but disdain for psychopharms, but they do have there place.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinethelox
    #3242081 - 10/11/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the responses. It's not depression though my life has never been better, i just realized this chronic pot use was holding me back from getting ahead in life. I excersize 5 times a week and eat extrememely well after learning a lot about nutrition last spring. I don't drink at all anymore. I suppose it's just a matter of waiting this out.

InvisibleKuarup
    #3242100 - 10/11/04 06:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

good luck !!! bro      :smirk:

Edited by Kuarup (10/27/04 01:22 PM)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

#3242391 - 10/11/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"It's not depression though my life has never been better"

That is consistent with biologically based depression. Not to try and diagnose you or anything.

Ohh, try melatonin for chronic (no pun intended) fatigue. 3 mgs before bed will make you less sleepy.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3242411 - 10/11/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

There is nothing made up about what I said dude
Anyone who smokes long term has done  damage to their lungs capacity to absorb oxy. Period

I didn't pull it from a hat. I was told that by 2 different doctors.
the insides of your lungs have miles a surface area. They become covered in tar and oils. Where do you think it goes??? I seen a pic of the insides of my lungs and several other peoples. BELIEVE ME anyone who smokes pot for more than 10 years and smokes daily has lost a large percentage of their lungs oxy absorbtion rate.

Chronic fatigue is caused by several things but the 2 most common are LACK OF WATER AND LACK OF OXYGEN :smirk:

Now you can take it for what it is worth. But I have already smoked pot daily for 21 years. I have already been to 2 different doctors for lung and fatigue problems.

So I speak from experience and truth :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Edited by Fucknuckle (10/11/04 10:13 AM)

Offlinethelox
    #3242632 - 10/11/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
"It's not depression though my life has never been better"

That is consistent with biologically based depression. Not to try and diagnose you or anything.

Well I did a google search and the only symptom i have of depression is fatigue; so I really don't think so but I won't rule it out. It's only been a week since i quit smokin daily. My mind-state is consistantly positive as well, however if you have any relevent links to "biological depression" I would read them.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#3244249 - 10/11/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good to hear, what may come as shock to other people is pot can do harm. I always thought I had insomnia and bad sleep problems, the pot was a big part in causing it. Not to mention always feeling drained and not having a clear mind until many weeks after stopping use.

The best way to heal is away from chemicals and substances, pot has a few actives in it and does react with the immune system as well as many other things.

Your mind was designed to handle life without daily use of chemicals, and if you could once go day to day without chemicals in your adult life you can always go back to not needed chemicals to feel complete.

Offlinepacopaco
Mad Hatter

Loc: Upstate New York
Re: Can Quiting Long-Term Pot Use Cause Chronic Fatigue? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3244379 - 10/11/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'll second that.  I'm a runner by heart.  I ran long distance in highschool for 4 years, and since i started college I haven't ran much :frown:...  But I did start smoking after my freshman year at school and I can feel a difference in my lung capacity and since I have recently cut back I occasionally have a hackfest and manage to choke up some black shit (and I rarely smoke cig's - a pack will last me 2 - 3 weeks if I buy any)  I'm probably not even considered a heavy smoker, i probably don't ever smoke much more than an 8th a week.  Besides - I'm sure many of us have cleaned smoking paraph. before or taken apart a well resinated roach - that resin doesn't just stick to your pipe.

Offlinegrowgrrrl
Stranger
    #23471399 - 07/24/16 04:57 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I recently stopped smoking and drinking for an ayauascha ceremony and was experiencing this.  I was confused because while I smoke a lot I don't smoke THAT much, before and after work at the most, I used to smoke during breaks when I was younger but not anymore.  So I was confused and a little paranoid that perhaps I was more of an addict than I realized.  In addition to the fatigue I was experiencing headaches, sore skin and just feeling sick in general.

Then I did a mental inventory of what I had eaten the last couple of days and was like Aha! Not nearly as much as I usually do, I also take jiu jitsu and thai boxing so my body really needs food. (will also note that exercise helped with fatigue as well)  So even though my appetite was extremely low I forced myself to eat.  It was making my tummy hurt to take big bites, so I just took extremely tiny micro bites along with tiny sips of water and kept on making myself eat until a significant amount of food was gone.  Then voila! my energy started to return and all the pain started to disappear.  Perhaps fatigue is an actual side effect of quitting, idk I haven't done any studies, but if you're going through this I would advise looking at how your diet has changed since quitting, perhaps your fatigue is just a side effect of a side effect.  Get some juices that blend in a lot of veggies and fruit. Eat soups or soupy food that don't require a lot of work on the front end. Force yourself to eat!  Even if your body's not releasing the hormone that tells you to eat normally, the rest of your body may just be screaming at you EAT.

Also should add that the force eating brought back my appetite.  Finally I suggest forcing yourself to eat good food and not junk food.

Edited by growgrrrl (07/25/16 06:05 AM)

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #23471419 - 07/24/16 05:22 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quitting weed gave me weird dreams for a while but I got over it. Definitely before a month. Can't speak really to anyone else's case though. If weed was helping you sleep you might have relearn how to sleep well without it. I wouldn't go the doc asking for Ambien or any shit like that. You'd be better off just taking a little puff 30 minutes before bed time than doing that. But since you decided you want a break from weed I say just spend a little more time reading until you nod off. It'll self-correct, probably.

I've had horrible insomnia during some stages of my life. It's fucking miserable.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom