Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - some common herbs
    #4015963 - 04/05/05 07:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

For anyone with chronic fatigue syndrome, i thought that I would post some useful information.

Many people are unaware that around 80% of people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome have low blood volume, basically resulting in a type of anemia where there is reduced blood flow to the brain but where blood levels of cells are quite normal, thus the cause of the anemia is not found.

If your concerned that you have CFS, get your B12 levels checked, blood cell count and very importantly - get your blood volume checked!

Licorice tea is an excellent herb for CFS - it raises blood pressure that eleviates the orthostatic hypotension associated with CFS and increase blood volume. It also supports the adrenal system - the system that many leading CFS experts feel is the ultimate culprit of the condition.

It can cause an increase in blood pressure and an increase in migraines in some people, so consult your doctor.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - some common herbs [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4017152 - 04/05/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Another thing people should know when buying a licorice supplement for this purpose is that the DGL (deglycyrrhizinated licorice) form is licorice from which the glycyrrhizinic and glycyrrhetinic acids have been removed. These acids are associated with high blood pressure. DGL is most often used for digestive conditions such as H. Pylori, ulcers and indigestion. It helps by increasing mucosal production in the stomach and increases bile production. Licorice is best chewed because your saliva will help break down the active constituents. However, be warned, this shit tastes double nasty. The down side to DGL is that it won't increase your bloodpressure as bluemeanie described which is why he takes licorice for his condition. It's best to consult a licensed naturopath for this sort of thing.

"Thorne research" has some of the highest quality herbs and supplements on the market. They are a name you can trust! They are almost exclusively prescribed by Naturopaths and you have to be a medical facility/doctor to sell their products.

<Disclaimer: Begin Rant
Most MD's only do minor intensives in herbs and only know enough to hurt people. A Naturopathic Doctor (ND) who graduated from a real and accredited Naturopathic college (one of 4 in the US) spends all of their time in Naturopathic medical school (4+ years of graduate school plus clinical internships) learning about alternative and complimentary therapies, not just a brief intensive from a correspondance course. Not to mention, most MD's don't know much about drug/herb interactions, naturopaths learn this. Be careful where you get your supplements and information because unfortunately, there is very little regulation on herb and vitamin supplement manufacturing and information. Anyone can slap a label on any shit and call it anything as long as contains a small amount and it's not considered a bad ingredient by the FDA.
End Rant>

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mobius_Strip (04/05/05 02:36 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - some common herbs [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #4024907 - 04/07/05 05:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Actually I dont have CFS :smile: Just interested in medicaly conditions for which doctors can do very little.

Thanks for the clarification

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being