Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3221061 -

Cheney lost because he continues to paint an unrealistic rosey picture of whats going on in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Cheney lost because he couldnt stick up for his daughter on live tv.
Cheney lost because he was off topic on too many questions. Cheney lost because he looks evil and he was hunched over like a villain.
Cheney lost because he seemed like a CEO whereas Edwards seemed blue collar.
Cheney lost because his healthcare plan was to attack lawsuites which have little effect on healthcare to the average person.
Cheney lost because he couldnt refute any of the Haliburton charges.
Cheney lost because he blatantly lied about saying he hasnt met Edwards before.
Cheney lost because he blatantly lied about saying he didnt say there was a connection between Iraq and 9-11.
etc....
etc.....
etc..................


--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3221081 -

I believe he scored big with voters who really like Austin Powers villian Dr. Evil.







--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Rose]
    #3221109 -

Cervantes said:
Yeah, Edwards wasn't allowed to say "John Kerry"

What rule was that?




It was just for one question and it applied to Cheney as well, he wasn't allowed to mention Bush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3221130 -

Overall, I enjoyed this debate alot better than the Bush/Kerry debate and I also think the moderator did a much better job.

Cheney was pretty solid from start to finish and I think Edwards did a good job as well with only a few flaws here and there. Edwards is a good speaker, especialy when he is avoiding a question, but I think he fell a bit short.

I'll give a slight edge to Cheney.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: hound]
    #3221134 -

I give the edge to Cheney too...the edge of losing. based on numerous examples.
Cheney lost because he couldnt stick up for his daughter on live tv. Cheney lost because he was off topic on too many questions. Cheney lost because he looks evil and he was hunched over like a villain.
Cheney lost because he seemed like a CEO whereas Edwards seemed blue collar.
Cheney lost because his healthcare plan was to attack lawsuites which have little effect on healthcare to the average person.
Cheney lost because he couldnt refute any of the Haliburton charges.
Cheney lost because he blatantly lied about saying he hasnt met Edwards before.
Cheney lost because he blatantly lied about saying he didnt say there was a connection between Iraq and 9-11.
etc....
etc.....
etc..................


--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: 1stimer]
    #3221146 -

Reposting doesn't make it right.

I say its about a draw, but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Dick came out on top, although he did get battered on domestic issues, but on Foreign affairs, come on, he fucking owned Edwards.

I must say, I was slightly disappointed with the trial lawyer. But I don't think it decisive enough to really affect much.

Besides, Kerry is going to own again, unless Bush got a MAD PREP CRASH COURSE.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Anno [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3221153 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Skikid16]
    #3221158 -

reposting doesnt make it right. what makes it right is that its the truth and the truth cant be refutiated.


--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: 1stimer]
    #3221161 -

They can't be refuted (what's refutiated?) because they are all opinions. Kinda like saying "Blue is the best color out there because it reminds me of the sky"


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: ]
    #3221179 -

:rotfl:


--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Skikid16]
    #3221184 -

its like saying "blue is the color of the sky because its blue"


--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3221217 -

AaronEvil said:
The fact of the matter is, I dont listen to polls to see who one an election because its based on how many people from each party vote in the poll. A CNN poll might have more democates voting because they have a lot of democratic reports and vice versa for other television stations.



Check any poll on the net, you'll find that edwards won. Heres just 1 example poll Find me one poll that says cheney won

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Skikid16]
    #3221238 -

Skikid16 said:
Reposting doesn't make it right.

I say its about a draw, but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Dick came out on top, although he did get battered on domestic issues, but on Foreign affairs, come on, he fucking owned Edwards.



How so? Edwards further enforced that cheney blatently lied about al quaida's (sp?) connection with iraq. What did cheney do to own edwards?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3221450 -

Well I finally saw it. Both did pretty well, and Edwards definately had some charismatic moments particularly during his closing remarks, but I think Cheney was stronger. It was pretty close, so if you liked Edwards you will think he won, and if you like Cheney you will believe he won. I think Cheney was clearly more confident, compitent, articulate and better informed.

If those polls are correct it further reinforces my view that most people in this country vote based on style and charisma rather than logic and substance.


--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Pathos]
    #3221455 -

I stated that I do not listen to POLLs because they are biased. Im an undecided voter so if I look at a POLL and not the issues I might be swayed. Im actually ashamed that people are affiliated with the party or the person rather than the issues. Im also pissed off that religion is as involved in politics as it is. What the fuck role does politics play in the way the world is run? I am religious and I think its complete bullshit when Republicans say not to vote for Kerry because he doesnt attend church. The fact is there is seperation of state not to protect religion from criticism, but to protect politics from religion. Unfortunately, no one has upheld this simple constitutional fact. All you liberals who think Bush is a complete bullshit president could easily get Kerry supporters based on that. You could even go so far as to say Bush is unconstitutionally campaigning based on him bringing religion into the political spectrum. I still think all you liberals need to stop complaining and need to stop trying to get people to look at the POLLS. No one gives a shit about the POLLS because they dont mean shit. But conservatives... grow up and realize this country is changing faster than the sexuality of your children. You cant compare the nation to how it was 30 years ago because it isnt 30 years ago. We are living in todays world not the world you lived in as a kid. Certain things need to change legally because people are changing and the world is changing.

In closing I would like to say that this is an election based on the war and it shouldnt be. The war is a major issue but just because you disagree with Bush or Kerry doesnt mean you should vote for the other person automatically. Look at every issue not just the fact you think there might be a draft. The over all picture is better than any single issue.


--------------------


There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3221590 -

outputrotation said:
If I was Edwards I would have just made Cheney out to be an dark evil character that he is.



Cheney had originally wanted to participate in the debate via sallelite from his secret underground volcano lair while stroking a fluffy white cat in his lap, but they sacrificed that idea so that cheney could get edwards to sit during the debate rather than stand.

but yeah...i also think it was basically a draw. At first cheney was making edwards look like a fool but as the debate continued on edwards turned the table and cheney was very clearly annoyed about having to discuss certain social and domestic topics.

It was a pretty boring debate and i didn't watch the closing arguments but i think edwards was beating cheney by the end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3221790 -

After watching all 4 candidates in action, I am damn glad that Dick Cheney is our President. What a great American.


--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3221968 -

Quote:
What a great American.


If by great, you mean EVIL......Sure.

Honestly, of the evil trifecta (rummy, ashcroft, Dick) I do like him the best, I think he is the best speaker, I think he is the least pompus, but he still does kinda give me the creeps.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3222617 -

edwards killed.

cheney is a lying slob.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Truths behind Halliburton retread 799 5 10/07/04 05:53 PM
by trendal
* Halliburton scores big off Iraq RonoS 795 4 08/28/03 08:35 PM
by afoaf
* Halliburton sent contaminated water to GIs 1stimer 983 10 01/24/06 10:26 AM
by lonestar2004
* Edwards Crushed Cheny AhronZombi 589 9 10/05/04 11:04 PM
by 1stimer
* Another halliburton conspiracy theory. FrankieJustTrypt 788 2 02/10/05 10:57 AM
by FrankieJustTrypt
* Halliburton Charged with Selling Nuclear Technology to Iran.....Sorry if this was already posted Grizz 532 0 11/08/06 04:30 PM
by Grizz
* Halliburton acquiring asian poor for labor at slave wages
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
kilgore_trout 7,848 125 10/16/05 07:52 PM
by kilgore_trout
* Gee Whiz - Halliburton Hired To Do Storm Cleanup clone 1,229 16 09/04/05 06:40 PM
by clone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,800 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.