Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Edwards just got stomped
    #3220258 -

Didn't have a TV but I did listen to it on the radio so any type of sweating, blinking, or other nervous ticks were not seen by me.

Basically, Cheney is one smart motherfucker. He was a CEO of a company so he has to be. He just seemed more informed on the issues and had more ammo.

Edwards wasn't as elequent as Kerry was in the first debate and didn't seen to have much experience in debating. Edwards did fuckup a couple times like not defending when cheney accused him of having tax shelters.

Kedwards really needed this win but I think Kerry will stomp Bush on friday to make up for today's lost.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220273 -

i dont think so at all...like i said, even repub analysits on fox said cheney one foriegn policy and edwards won domestic...of course they argued that foriegn policy is more important to the american people

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220279 -

i honestly cant decide right now...

edwards did fuck up a few times, but he's just so likeable about it it didnt phase me really. i guess cause cheney comes across as so cold and grumpy old man to me


--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."


Puget Sound Mycological Society

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220280 -

Just like when the 1st Bush/Kerry debate was over every republican said Bush won and every Kerry supporter said Kerry won. But the polls told us the truth, I'll wait to see what they say tommorow.

Are you Republican btw?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220292 -

I'm still trying to watch it.

But if it's the general consensus that Cheney won, maybe pinky will triumphantly ride in here on his horse and honor us with his presence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220298 -

I wouldn't say he got stomped. I'd agree that Cheney beat him, but not by a landslide.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220303 -

No I'm a cold blooded liberal. Thats a big difference with us liberals and conservatives btw. I know when when we've made mistakes and can admit when I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220320 -

I don't think he got stomped AT ALL.

I really do think it was a draw, with cheney winning alot of points, but Edwards won many too.

I think Dick did a better job at attacking his/their records, but skirted about 3 or 4 BIG questions.

Edwards did a good job at reinterating that they had a plan for most of the issues.

Overall a draw, if I had to pick a winner, it'd be Cheney, but by no means in the same capacity as Kerry whupped up on Bush.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220345 -

I think it's pretty much tied. This debate will hardly make a dent in the polls.

As long as Kerry pounds Bush into the ground again like he did in the first debate, this debate will be pretty much meaningless.


--------------------
Get back to work.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220356 -

Cheney would be a better president than Bush


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Skikid16]
    #3220358 -

Quote:
Edwards did a good job at reinterating that they had a plan for most of the issues.




Maybe next time he can explain what these plans are!


--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220377 -

They both had good arguments and facts supporting their statements, and at the end it seemed to me a draw. I don't see how Edwards got stomped really


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Skikid16]
    #3220378 -

No I don't think Cheney kicked Edward's ass as hard as Kerry kicked Bush's. That was just brutal.

Edwards hardly stayed on topic at all. He didn't defend some of the kicks to the nuts Cheney gave him AT ALL.

If I was Edwards I would have just made Cheney out to be an dark evil character that he is.

I think when it comes down to it, Edwards probably wasn't as prepared as he should have been. Kerry prepared like hell but I honestly wonder how much Edwards prepared.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3220380 -

Ancalagon said:
Quote:
Edwards did a good job at reinterating that they had a plan for most of the issues.




Maybe next time he can explain what these plans are!



haha - I'm glad you're open to insult both canidates


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3220381 -

At least he has a plan unlike Badnarik.


--------------------
Get back to work.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Worf]
    #3220397 -

My fave Cheney quote (and there were so many gems) was that when you invade a country, the citizens are somehow part of a coalition that decided to attack.

This was in regards to Edwards claim that almot 90% of Coalition Casualities were American. Cheney asserted that Iraqi deaths "counted" as Coalition deaths therefore "reducing" the American death toll to about 50%.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Thor]
    #3220411 -

Quote:
Thor said:
Just like when the 1st Bush/Kerry debate was over every republican said Bush won and every Kerry supporter said Kerry won. But the polls told us the truth, I'll wait to see what they say tommorow.




http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041006/ap_on_el_pr/debate_excerpts

theres a poll from this article (doesnt work directly)...at the time of this posting (10/5@2316 EDT) ..

cheney 32%
edwards 63%
tie 7%

i voted "tie"..but then again..i didnt expect cheney to be a pushover like his commander-in-chief...if anything that shows that cheney is really the POTUS and bush the figurehead/scapegoat...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Swami]
    #3220415 -

Are you cheering for the Iraqi Resistance, Swami.


--------------------
Get back to work.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3220420 -

Ancalagon said:
Quote:
Edwards did a good job at reinterating that they had a plan for most of the issues.




Maybe next time he can explain what these plans are!


Next time, we don't need no stinking next time.

It is kinda hard to do in 2 minutes, and he explained much better than Dick did.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Edwards just got stomped [Re: Swami]
    #3220428 -

Swami said:
My fave Cheney quote (and there were so many gems) was that when you invade a country, the citizens are somehow part of a coalition that decided to attack.

This was in regards to Edwards claim that almot 90% of Coalition Casualities were American. Cheney asserted that Iraqi deaths "counted" as Coalition deaths therefore "reducing" the American death toll to about 50%.



I'm quite sure he wasn't referring to citizens

He was referring to people willingly fighting alongside the US - not the collateral damage. I don't think the VP could POSSIBLY confused coalition forces native to iraq with the civilians of iraq


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Truths behind Halliburton retread 799 5 10/07/04 05:53 PM
by trendal
* Halliburton scores big off Iraq RonoS 795 4 08/28/03 08:35 PM
by afoaf
* Halliburton sent contaminated water to GIs 1stimer 983 10 01/24/06 10:26 AM
by lonestar2004
* Edwards Crushed Cheny AhronZombi 589 9 10/05/04 11:04 PM
by 1stimer
* Another halliburton conspiracy theory. FrankieJustTrypt 788 2 02/10/05 10:57 AM
by FrankieJustTrypt
* Halliburton Charged with Selling Nuclear Technology to Iran.....Sorry if this was already posted Grizz 532 0 11/08/06 04:30 PM
by Grizz
* Halliburton acquiring asian poor for labor at slave wages
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
kilgore_trout 7,848 125 10/16/05 07:52 PM
by kilgore_trout
* Gee Whiz - Halliburton Hired To Do Storm Cleanup clone 1,229 16 09/04/05 06:40 PM
by clone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,800 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 48 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.