Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
heating colonization chamber(GHETTO)
    #322207 - 05/21/01 04:05 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

this is the method i used to increase heat to my colonozation chamber for 20 cents : ) yes, i am BROKE at the moment LOL.
in theory, this unmonitered, fluxuating heat source should work on all spore-types that like it best hot :) dont read if you have extra cash to drop on a heating pad.

i have inoculated some jars with tapalpa cubensis spores. after a few days(too many) of no noticible activity amoung substrabe cultivation, it was ovbious that variables were not at the maximum potentional. as i was broke, i couldnt afford any type of heater to provide a raise in temperature so i improvised abit :)

i filled 2 glass jars with very hot water.. use common sense tho about the amount of gas generated and lid tightness so it doesnt explode or anything cool like that.
i placed them in the cooler and sealed that bad boy shut. it was like a suana in there. due to the region of the specific spores origin, i concluded that the temperature would do more good then harm.
woah, to my suprise i woke up and saw a single white spot on one of the jars--one of the jars i slightly increased water % too as a experiment/initial mistkae :) so ya dude, its ghetto but the solution to a heater is like jars or some unmeltable container.. both jars were bought at local thrift store for 10 cents each. oh yah dude, and they need to be reheated every 12 hours or so (less is bestest), just recycle the old water =)

haha, this is actually my attempt at growing, and im trying to save what i thought may have been an inital failure..

oh and a quick question:
the fact that it is air tight sealed should not affect the colonazation right? i am assuming that at their current state, oxygen levels should be sufficient to last more then the 12 hour perioids recommened in reheating jars!
PS: yah, i do know that this jar method slightly ups humidity.. which can start pinning... ill have to see how it works out and post the results.
any feedback, pos or neg, would be great as id like to get somewhatr of a yeild from my first attempt.

-nathan :)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: heating colonization chamber(GHETTO) [Re: nspecta]
    #322214 - 05/21/01 04:22 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

a friend uses christmas lights.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation