Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAusCubensis
journeyman

Loc: NSW, Australia
Probably a stupid question, but please answer
    #320704 - 05/19/01 04:11 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

If I bought a bag of cow shit (sold for fertalizer), threw it in the forest out the back of my place and mixed a few old Psilocybe Cubensis caps in there (old ones that where rotten/old/suspect/bug infected/whatever) and mixed it up, could I expect to see cubies sprouting in a few weeks?  If not, why not?  Also, if so, could I use fertalizer bought from a garden store or something else or would I have to use cow manure?  What I plan on doing is buying heaps of cow shit (a bag of shit can't be too expensive, can it!? :wink:), throwing it all in the forest out the back to create an artificial mini cow paddock and just throwing heaps of cube caps in there.  Stupid Idea? Let me know.

Slightly of topic, regarding the cow shit that gets sold as fertalizer, I saw a bag today labelled, 'mushroom compound' - no shit!  Is there some other reason, apart from the initially drawn and obvious conclusion,  that I'm missing as to why it would be so named? (e.g. it was made out of mushrooms?)

Edited by AusCubensis on 05/19/01 06:16 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Probably a stupid question, but please answer [Re: AusCubensis]
    #320730 - 05/19/01 05:28 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I`ve seen stupider questions. It might work. Emphasis on might. Hard to say what your mushroom compound is, most likely it`s expended shroom substrate or casings. Were the ingredients listed?

OfflineAusCubensis
journeyman

Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Probably a stupid question, but please answer [Re: puscle]
    #320734 - 05/19/01 06:02 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I`ve seen stupider questions
Good. I was a bit worried about making a complete dickhead of myself.

Were the ingredients listed?
Don't know. I just saw the chalk-board sign next to manure bags as I drove to University this morning.  I certainly didn't see them if they where.

I can't really see why it wouldn't work, excepting the spores wouldn't go through the cows digestive system - but I doubt that matters.  Some advice from someone that has more than my shallow understanding of such matters would be nice, though. BTW, thanx puscle. :smile:

Offlinesylo
addict
    #321429 - 05/20/01 03:54 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Your idea of spawning a bag of cow shit just might work but there are a lot of variables with climate, weather, etc. I would say it is worth a try but give it lots of time. Using chemical fertilizer would not be a good idea. Too much nitrogen in most fertilizers.
Mushroom compost is made from spent substrate used for growing mushrooms. Others here claim it makes a terrible substrate but works as a casing material.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #321456 - 05/20/01 05:54 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I should add, this is not the way to grow shrooms.

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
    #321473 - 05/20/01 08:06 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

The spores would have to agree to germinate on the cow shit upon being dropped from the caps. You'd have better luck tossing a colonized cake in a big of shit.

I choked Linda Lovelace!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck