Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeav
Stranger
cobweb questions
    #3188452 - 09/27/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im new to growing boomers. i started about 2 weeks ago and my myceyium(sp?) has started to take over . i was checking them out today(o yea im using the vermiclite and brown rice method with 1/2 pints) and 6 of the jars apear to be contaminated with cobwebs. im just making sure that its cobwebs and not myceycium. i pout 1/2 an inch of vermiclite at the top of the jars and it appeared to me that the cobwebs were in that so i took one of the contaminated jars out and opened it far away from the oters and checked it out. and sure enough cobwebs were in the top layer of verm.

i was just wondering if the myciuemememe could gte in the top layer of the verm.??? and should i dig out the cobwebs???

beav

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: cobweb questions [Re: beav]
    #3195689 - 09/29/04 01:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hard to tell without a pic, but if something is growing right on the verm layer but mycelium has not yet achieve a good growth level, then it might be a bad occurrence and a case of cobweb.
Right now you can't do anything but wait, if mycelium keeps growing, you'll surely see it as pure white. Meanwhile, report any change.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinebeav
Stranger
Re: cobweb questions [Re: MAIA]
    #3197256 - 09/29/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

bad news, well my cakes are pretty far in growing..about 3/4 of the way done(most of them) but ill noticed green mold growing in the myceceium of a couple of my cakes...like right in the middle. will my myceieum kill the mold or vice versa?

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: cobweb questions [Re: beav]
    #3199295 - 09/30/04 09:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Damn ...
Molds before birth are very hard to fight. All you can do is wait and see, but tossing the infected jars and starting all over seems like a good idea to me.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: cobweb questions [Re: MAIA]
    #3206192 - 10/02/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think I got cobwebs... But don't know. Anyways, I've posted this on cultivation and was redirected here, so hopefully someone can help or at least give me enough hope so I can go to sleep.

I don't know if it's cobweb or not. But I'm on my 3rd day and the growth covers about 1/2 of the glass surface. It's really moving fast and thin. So think that I can't really tell if it's white or gray. The growth is from the innoculation sites but they are so fast. I'd wait couple of days, but being this is my first growth, I'm getting serious case of anxiety attack.

Anyways, the strain is Golden Teacher, 4 syringes were made from a print(it actually was 2 mush on a print) with saline with 5% dextrose and soaked for 20 hours.(maybe contam got in here?) Each site was injected with .5cc. I'm almost at 72 hour point. Jars in tub in tub at about 84 degrees.

I'm hopping it's the mycelium growing on the Dextrose solution and not cobweb.

Here's the question, anyways. How would I know if it's a cobweb? Would it become obvious in few days?(The waiting will kill me) Should I just chuck them and start over? I still have 2 syringes in the fridge. Should I take them out of the tub to see if I can slow the growth?

Any advice would be very very appreciated, because I can't sleep with this possible comtam looming over me. I was really really careful and use sterile everything!

Thanx.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: cobweb questions [Re: Sam1912]
    #3206382 - 10/02/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Unfortunately, without a pic you have to play the waiting game. There are some good pics of cobweb around, I'm sure you've seen a few. The growth looks more 'fine', 'wispy', and FAST. If you're seeing that much growth in a 3 day period from spores, it doesn't sound great. . .keep an eye on it and really look closely at the growth. Compare to some of the jar growth seen in some of the grow logs. If you can get a pic, that would be very helpful.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: cobweb questions [Re: Suntzu]
    #3206425 - 10/02/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I looked up some pictures of cobweb(there's no good side view) and they don't really look like it. I'll sit on it for awhile. At least I still have burma strains colonizing properly. Thanx.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: cobweb questions [Re: Sam1912]
    #3208145 - 10/02/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just an update. I woke up this morning and found the jars in question to be looking healthy all of a sudden. It's stopped growing outwards and started fattening up into nice fluffy white stuff. I guess it was just wide spread germination or something... maybe dex in water... in any case, I'll keep an eye on it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck