Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePoontangaroo
donkey puncher
Green contam/happy looking mushies?
    #3201447 - 09/30/04 10:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Howdy all, I have had a lil setup in my room for the past month, I started with 24 pint jars that fully colonized n all. One of my terrariums needed adjustments and during that time the cakes in it became dried out and possibly contaminated. In fixing the humidity and air exchange, most of the cakes started growing, however it was apparently too late for a bunch of the cakes. A couple mornings ago I found green spots popping up like chicken pox on the unfortunate cakes. I immediately tossed em into the trash just to get em out of my delicate zone, and then I left for class. Well my room smelled pretty bad when I returned, until I got em out of there, so that pretty much confirms the presence of some contamination(right?). I have a feeling it spread to a few cakes through dunking my cakes together in the same container, and not changing the water between a few of the dunks. So my question is, I got a lot of nice looking mushies that are drying, I'm pretty sure at least a few of em came from a cake or 2 that I tossed, but at the same time, there are a few cakes that I thought would definately have bit the dust over the past few days, and sure enough they have some healthy looking growths on them and just some ugly looking blue(i think). Since the morning I found the cakes with green, I havent had any other cakes follow that path, and I figured that I would know shortly if others had it, since the other contams popped up over night. Its also possible that I tossed more than I shoulda, but I didn't wanna risk the cakes that had been goin crazy. Lemme sum up my questions, sorry for being jumbled.
First, is it possible for a green patchy contam to get in a cake over night after being dunked in contaminated water and show its face the next day?
Second, how likely is it for a cake with such a contam to continue growing healthy looking mushrooms?
Third, how dangerous is such a contam, I know thats the type of question that peeps smack you for asking, and probably tough to answer without getting a lab test on it, but i had to ask, cuz I probably have a few mushies from those cakes that are currently drying. I just want opinions.
And yea, I'm a moron for not changing the dunking water, i know.
Ooh, also, anyone know how many flushes u get from pint sized cakes usually?
Once again, sorry for so much stuff, just a lot of stuff I been thinking about and not finding any good answers around for.

--------------------
i like to tap larger bottoms because they ripple better and its sorta mesmorizing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Poontangaroo]
    #3206038 - 10/02/04 08:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflinePoontangaroo
donkey puncher
Re: Green contam/happy looking mushies? [Re: Citric]
    #3206893 - 10/02/04 03:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Alright cool, yea I think I know what you mean about the darker blue vs the green, the ones i tossed had green patches that had an unusual texture and that was my first reason for gettin em out. The ones i've left haven't developed any other visual oddities....

--------------------
i like to tap larger bottoms because they ripple better and its sorta mesmorizing

OfflinePoontangaroo
donkey puncher
Re: Green contam/happy looking mushies? [Re: Poontangaroo]
    #3214858 - 10/04/04 06:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

ahhh alright, now it looks like most of my cakes have cobweb on them, it's pretty wispy etc, at the same time, they all got healthy lookin fruits comin out and some of em are almost full sized and nice looking, does that sound reasonable? Should I even bother saving the fresh ones?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum