Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Yopo success!
    #3161815 - 09/21/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

*Preparation*

1.)  Four Anandenanthera colubrina seeds were fried in a pan for about 15 min. (I got too impatient to wait for them to pop).

2.)  I removed the outter seed coatings. *This is a fairly easy task*

3.)  Crushed them with a pestle and mortar.

4.)  Crushed seeds were drawn into a line and divided into four quarters. (Used as a crude eyeball measurement for the lime)

5.)  Lime was added at approximately 1/4 the amount of the line & mixed thouroughly with all four line sections.

*Insulfation*

This is extremely painful! It felt like a hot poker was being jammed up my nostril. The pain radiated from my nose to the back of my head!
This is not a drug for wusses... :wink:

This pain was a lasting presence through out the experience! In fact about half way through I started sneezing violently, so I blew my nose to remove the snuff. I believe if I would have waited it out a little longer I would've been in another dimension!!!

*The Experience*

The onset was very quick. I would say approximately 5 min. The first thing I felt was pressure in my head and neck with a wave of warmth through out my body. I actualy broke out into a sweat!

Immediately after the warmming effect I fell into a trance like state. This state was prominent through out the whole experience!

Visualy things were more acute and defined. Then there was an apearence like "Televison Static" transperently covering my field of view. This didn't interfere with my ability to see. There was still a "clarity" to my vision.

This visual effect slowly faded as the "trance like state" grew in intensity! I tried to get up an walk around. It was a little difficult but not impossible. At this point I began sneezing insessantly, so I blew my nose.

I went back to the couch and sat down. I then began to notice transparent movements in my visual field. Kind of like a magnified view of the "Television Static" effect. But you could see the space in between each little static pixle which was greatly magnified.
The "static pixles" took on new dimension and form. They wiggled and squirmed periodically but not too frequently. They were greatly dispersed so there only appeared to be a few of them in my visual field; mind you, this visual effect was very faint. It was not obvious. I only noticed it becuase of the "trance like state" I was in!

I layed down and covered my eyes. There were CEVs! I saw a stack of red lines wich moved violently fast. It twisted and turned in upon it's self, forming many linear configurations. This persited for approximately 5 min. Then the stack of red line suddenly blossomed into an aray of rainbow colored forms taking on abstract  appearences, surreal and hypnotic! All of the CEVs had red hues. Any shade of red you can think of, I saw. There were other colors in the visions but they only complimented the underlying red theme!

This probably lasted approximately 10 min. Then the intensity of the snuff began to fade. About 10 min. later I went to bed. I slept well! Woke up a little groggy. Thats normal for me though... :sun:

Before the CEVs I would notice visual flashes when I blinked my eyes. In the instant my eyes blinked I would see images. I can't really describe them, they just had color & form.

All in all the whole experience lasted approximately 30 min.

Notes:
I think it would have been easier to insulfate had I used a coffee grinder instead of a pestel & mortar.
I think it would have been much easier to insulfate if I would have heated the seeds longer. Some of the crushed seed powder texture was kind of waxy and sticky; it should've been dry and powdery I suppose?
Next time I will add powderized Justica perctoralis leaves.
Next time I will hold my ground and keep the snuff in my nasal passage until it is all absorbed! I believe blowing my nose weakend the experience significantly.
I believe I am very sensitive to this method of entheogenic ingestion.
The experience was much more powerful than I expected! Deffinitely worthy of further ivestigation! :thumbup:

Edited by entheoindole (09/24/04 05:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Yopo success! [Re: entheoindole]
    #3162345 - 09/21/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cool! I was just looking for something on yopo. I aquired some seeds a while ago and just this past weekend I decided to try them.

Didn't have any lime so... tried the smoking method. I cut up the seeds (2) as fine as I could. I then used a jet (torch) lighter to smoke them, and pretty much did as I would salvia. BIG deep hits, one after another. I didn't mind the taste too much, until later on when it was lingering in my throat. The smoke started out easy to take, but felt thicker later. A little came out from the bowl once, and it looked damn thick.

I had no problem smoking it. My friends on the other hand (most of which were very used to smoking tobacco and weed) couldn't stand it. They'd cough for a long time after very brief, short, barely torching the seeds, hits and take a break.. smoking their individual bowls in long periods of time, and thus having little other than physical effects. (numbness, strange feelings in their bodies). They smoked at different times than me too.

So anyway, the effects. I stopped a little early because I (nor anyone I know) had tried this before. I also didn't want to drop the glass piece. I first noticed a wave of pleasant feeling through my body, then, a bit of numbness, and strangeness. I also felt the warmth and pressure you described. However, the pressure was not in my head, but my lungs. Fortunately, it didn't hurt and soon went away, kinda scary, but not really.

The main effect was that everything looked and felt very sharp and defined. Color seemed much more vibrant, which was the only things I could manage to utter to my friend asking what was happening. I got lost staring into the leaves of a big tree. They started spreading, and moving around. They then began to spread in a circular manner. At the same height, but going all the way left and right, in my field of vision. Think of when Windows is crapping up on your computer, and you move a window around the desktop and you see hundreds of them, where they were, not disappearing.

I got knocked out of this trance by someone talking to me, and then I looked at various things, including a very strange bug on a flower, with a very strange mouth. Looking at colorful things up close was amazing. Also was the fur on a cat, as it breathed the slight differences in the color of it's fur stood out.

I too closed my eyes and saw some very pleasant visuals. They were intricate and defined, and very creative, impressive. However, as an image overall they were faded. It was almost transparent with nothing behind it. Not difficult to see, just not vibrant and outstanding like other things I've seen. I noticed that as I laid in a hammoch and the sun hit my eyelids, the redness I saw from my eyelids was enough to hide the visuals. I blocked the sun and they came back. A very strange orb would be created 'far' from my 'vision' and sort of spiral towards me. It was also faded, so I tried to get a good look, or feel, or whatever for it, and it came so close, and felt close too. It alerted me, I'm not sure if I really jumped, but it felt like it. I came down soon after that. The whole thing probably took 20 minutes or less with some, but little, after effect.

Next time I'd like to try it with your method. Sounds a bit hard to take in.. but worth it.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3162356 - 09/21/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you snorted crushed seeds, i thought i was the king of snorting stuff  :bow:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Yopo success! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3163652 - 09/22/04 04:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

once my friend snorted hot cheetos

(cool post)

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #3163728 - 09/22/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

sounds painful!
:bitch:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Yopo success! [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3164190 - 09/22/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Flaming hot or regular?

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Yopo success! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3164309 - 09/22/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Nice posts entheoindole and elgr!

I'm still toying with the idea of trying some of my seeds. I got them for growing, but the three I tried didn't germinate, so I've kept the rest in case I ever feel like trying yopo.

When I first went to uni the year above organised a pub crawl for all the freshers, with tasks in each pub, and if you failed the task then you had to drink a hideous amount of beer... Anyway, one task was to snort a big line of chilli powder, which hurt but wasn't too bad. Would you imagine that yopo is better or worse than chilli powder?

First I'll probably try mixing crushed seeds with lime, in order to basify all the DMT, and then use a vapouriser so that I don't have to deal with lots of harsh smoke. Then after this experience I'll decide if I want to try snorting it....

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3164866 - 09/22/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if holding the crushed seeds under your tongue would do anything? I'd rather smoke than snort if it's that painful. I wonder if doing it without lime would work?

Stoney

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Yopo success! [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3164916 - 09/22/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No, the lime activates it apparently. Other people have used baking soda in erowid experience reports. I think in it's original use it was combined with crushed snail shells.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/anadenanthera/anadenanthera.shtml

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3165136 - 09/22/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

cool reports, indole and elgr!
did you guys ever think of having caapi/rue together with yopo?
i too have seen the 'tv static' effect on the best snuffs i've made...

stoney: the topic has been widely discussed on the forum, make a little search and you'll find wonders! yes, it works under the tongue, in the stomach too. but it smells too bad if you put a seed straight there no one will stand your breath. perhaps with powder the case is different...

FH

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

#3166016 - 09/22/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Actualy, the lime makes the DMT, bufotenine, & 5-meo-dmt soluble in your mucus. It's not soluble in water/mucus but with a base added to it it dissolves. That is why you should roast/heat the seeds also. This voids the seeds of water making the chemicals pure.

I appreciate your kind words about my post guys!

I've tried smoking these seeds before with little to no effect accept pressure in my head and neck. It wasn't worth it to me to try it that way again. The snuff sure was powerful though!

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3166377 - 09/22/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A simple idea.Whether smoking or insulfating you could do a mini extraction.

Using a dilute acid such as the clearest vinegar possible or HCl diluted one can boil a nice amount of seeds in it.Filter,evaporate and you surely have a more concentrated form,certainly easier to smoke.

So one chooses insulfation but finds that the extract is too gummy.Adding the lime and grinding it with it before use could help,or one could dry slightly roasting the extract and then adding the lime (the salts of the tryptamines will not reach boiling point if one is carefull with the temperature)

Either way if someone is prepared and ready to insulfate or smoke crude seeds i cant see why he/she couldnt bother with a small scale extraction. Be it 6 or 8 seeds up your nose or in your pipe,the extract will surely come handy!

Its a shame...Such a concentrated tryptamine content,so little experimentation with it apart from trying and re-trying the "traditional" methods....

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Yopo success! [Re: Psiloman]
    #3166983 - 09/22/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Good point Psiloman

And thanks for the slight correction and information indole. I searched around for exactly why it is useful, but found nothing, only people's recipes. Erowid needs more on this seed.. good DMT and 5-meo-DMT sections though.

Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Yopo success! [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3168144 - 09/23/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

flaming hot

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Yopo success! [Re: plexus]
    #3169139 - 09/23/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

On an almost completely unrelated topic, I wonder if anyone has ever snorted HBWR powder? You don't need many seeds, so I'm sure it would be easy to get up there...

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Round 2! [Re: entheoindole]
    #3172236 - 09/23/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I had my round 2 with yopo today. We agreed that this would be our last attempt smoking the seed, and that next time we will get some lime and see the difference.

The group was me and one person from before, who had minimal effects, and another girl who was new to it. The person who had tried before got some pretty good effects, like my first time. The other got some body effects that soon wore off. So, this time I took 3.5 seeds, as did everyone else. We peeled off the shell, and cut them up into as tiny pieces as we could, with knives, like previous attempts. We went one at a time, I went first.

I packed the bowl full of the yellow mini-cubes. I then put the torch lighter right up next to the bowl and held it so it stayed lit throughout the whole hit, torching it. It was a very strong hit and suprised me, i held it in for 5 or ten seconds, forgetting to do it for longer. After another hit I remembered, and begain to hold it in longer. I started getting that feeling of disorientation again, so I took another hit. Then I got the feeling of pressure throughout my body, indicating that the trip was soon to begin, I felt heavy. So, I took one more hit, as big as I could, and safely put the now empty bowl down.

I noticed it came on much faster this time. Pressure of heaviness is the best way I can think of describing it. I started getting a little shakey, and began to feel weird. All of a sudden I felt very hot, inside and out. I began to feel like I was sweating a lot, but I wasn't.. not much anyway. So I began to stare off again, not looking at anything in particular. Everything once again became very vibrant. This backyard was full of trees and flowers so it looked amazing, more so than last time too. All sound seemed very sharp and I heard things from all over the block, just in a very strange way. The amount of body high and numbness was much stronger this time, I couldn't walk at this point if I tried.. probably.

So, I remembered, I can close my eyes! I often forget while tripping on anything about that... So I close them, and like last time the sun was illuminating my eyelids. So my background, so to say, was again red. However, at this dose it wasn't enough to kill the visuals... if anything it enhanced them. I saw incredible red and orange waves of color, flowing and moving together. I then saw a ball moving toward me, getting incredibly close again. Same color. There were other patterns going on in front of, or behind all this red/orange too. Sort of dotted lines making wonderful 3d spiraling shapes. Slightly different from things I've seen on other drugs.

I was narrarating all this to the person who got little effects. I must've sounded real out of it, but I was pretty into the visuals :smile: I must've leaned my head back because I think I rubbed/scraped it on a brick wall behind my chair. So, I open my eyes again, and I see the back yard, and garage door across the alley, cast in shadows by the trees. All of a sudden everything that's shadow seemed to flip with everything that wasn't. It's very hard to explain, but they seemed to switch places. Without taking my eyes off it, I began to examine it, and as I did it began to look more normal. Then the shape of the flowers (which there really were a lot of) seemed to be all over the yard. Everything then durned a shade of green. I think this might be somehow related to the fact that last time I put on a pair of yellow sunglasses, causing this effect. Actually, I think a cloud just blocked the sun.

I again closed my eyes, and saw the really neat spirally 3d broken lines. This time on a black background. Opened my eyes and saw lots of 'eye worms' in the sky, some very far, some close up. Blue, spinning around. More than normal. The clouds also looked surreal. Not sure if they looked different or I was must more amazed. But I probably would've commented on them if I wasn't tripping. I closed my eyes again, and the visuals were practically gone. I was coming down.

And thats about it. The trip felt quite hard, but quite short. I'm suprised I could get that big an effect out of smoking it. I wasn't disappointed the first time, but I'm glad to see more of what this seed has to offer.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3174875 - 09/24/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Last night a friend and I each dosed. We did 7 seeds each. This was the first time that I have had it blown to me. It was his first time. I think that 5 would have been a better starting dose. He weighs more than me and is experienced with psychedelics. I would not have even done it with anyone else that I know, except for two people that I correspond to through here, and I have never been with them in person so that's just a possibility. Anyways as for the snuff tube, it is a 12 3/4 inch long 1/2 inch diameter piece of bamboo. I shaved one end into a narrow enough cone shape that can fit into your nose. I used a pair of pliers to hold a metal rod which I heated up to a glowing orange to ream out the nodes. If you try this make sure that you round it out as much as possible or else the snuff will get caught on the ridges inside it. So I went first since I have done it before by myself and felt that I could blowgun my friend after recieving my dose. For me it was eaisier than snorting it. This time I used lime rather than wood ash, which the latter seems to cause more pain from the actual snorting, but then again I haven't done it enough to really say. So I blow my friend his dose. I think I did it a little too hard and it knocked the wind out of him. Plus I'm not sure you can really know what you are in for with this. So he apparently blacked out and woke up not knowing if he was dead or not. What he said made him so sure that he was dead was this knowing of "What is and is not". He said that this came from his mind swimming with various dualities. (get up to blow yellow snot out of my nose for the 1,000th time today) He said that this brought him to an unexplainable realazation which made him see through the eyes of myriads of different people from many different cultures at the same time. As for me, I wasn't able to really go into because I was to concerned about my friend because I didn't know if his distress was physical or psychological. I did get good open eye visuals (lots of colorfull pixels) and I saw my bearded dragon's silhouette with my eyes closed. After the "Hell" part of the trip was over we were back inside on his couch passing out from exhaustion. He woke me up and I went back to my room and lied awake for hours with my mind swimming, not in a bad way at all. I felt cleansed but not in the Judeo-Christian sense of the word. Rather I just felt, well, uncontrived isn't the right word but its the first one that comes to mind. That night, after I actually got to sleep, I had crazy dreams all night. The only one I can really explain with any clairity is one where I was in different situations trying really hard and wanting badly to explain myself. However, my mouth was so fucking dry that I couldn't talk. I would try to drink water so that I could talk but I could only spit out a few words before my mouth became too dry to talk again. The main thing that I remember trying to articulate was the abserdity of the Republican and Democrat parties. My buddy just told me that at one point during the latter hours he was in his room trying to see if he was dead or not. He thought that he was impervious to pain and tried to unscrew lightbulbs while they were still hot.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

#3176201 - 09/24/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I plan on taking another foray into the realm of Yopo soon. I'm just waiting for my poor nasal passage to heal!

As for smoking, I belive my failure with this method is attributable to not de-shelling the seeds prior to smoking them. I shall have to experiment with this method again also.

For the longest time I didn't believe these snuffs were active. All the evidence seemed to be anecdotal to me. I was afraid of wasting time and money on it!
I'm so gald a generous friend and fellow shroomerite sent me the seeds and lime to experiment with! Thanks brother!!!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3178713 - 09/25/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Definately de-shell them, and definately cut them up a ton.

My idea of smoking these things is, well the majority of the time I've seen people try, they've failed. You really just have to go in there and kick the seeds' asses, that's all there is too it. They'll try to make you cough, and quit, and take a break, and make your mouth taste like ass. But if you hold in there, you'll come out on top.

My friends who tried really weren't committed to it. Some put it down after one nasty hit.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3178805 - 09/25/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No problem man. I was kind of worried that you wouldn't even try it. I mean it takes a certain amount of internal fortitude to put a huge fucking pile of roasted seeds and lime up your nose. Not placebo huh.... :rolleyes:

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom