Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMOoKie
Isolationist America
    #311077 - 05/07/01 01:28 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of people accuse the US for forcing our will on the rest of the world, and policing the rest of the world. What would happen if we stopped? Pulled our forces out of the bases they're in around the globe, got out of NATO and other treaty's we're currently tied to, in return we stop sending foreign aid, also known as "welfare" for countries.

Our armies would move into a purely defensive mode, and a ballistic missle defense system would be created. Espionage would still occur. In my opinion, it's a good defensive tool.

We would still mantain trade ties with all of our current partners, and keep our UN charter. We just wouldn't meddle with their business.

What would be the effects? Would the world community say, "they're the most powerful, they should protect us."; "they're the richest, they should give us money." OR, would they say: "I'm glad those Americans are out of my country."

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKriz
old hand

Loc: Chicago
Re: Isolationist America [Re: MOoKie]
    #311283 - 05/07/01 11:54 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Wow very good topic for discussion, i'm interested in hearing some replies from nonamericans..

Personally, i think the world would be just as antiamerican as it is now.. i don't think anybody's attitude towards us would change at all (good or bad). I think the ppl who critisize america so often are simply doing it because we are the most powerful country on earth (politically anyhow) and thus, are the big bad guys.. i have no doubt that until this is no longer true, that we will continue to be looked at in the way we are, it seems, by most everyone else in the world.

~Kriz

for a good time call (847)255-0350 ask for Kriz... i'm hot and ready for action...

(yes my real phone number)

--------------------
for a good time call (847)255-0350 ask for Kriz... i'm hot and ready for action...

(yes my real phone number)

InvisibleAgent Cooper
veteran

Loc: right behind you
    #311583 - 05/07/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

What exactly do you mean by "policing the world"? Do you mean humanitarian intervention?

Our long history of supposed humanitarianism is an interesting subject, as it is often used as a pretext for imperialistic dominance of areas with rich resources and wide labor pools. Also, our interventions serve as a method to prop up puppet regimes against the will of the people. All the while, the American public is told that our military involvement in these areas is simply a noble effort to create peace and stablize regions in turmoil. This form of propaganda and over-simplification of the issues is in direct conflict with the realities of the situations and the detrimental effects of our bombings, military patrolling, and battles.

The US and its partners-in-crime pick and choose where to send their form of humanitarian aid. We completely ignore great incidents of genocide and on-going violence. We have even been responsible (both directly and indirectly) for incidents of ethnic cleansing and other atrocities in Turkey, Iran, Laos, East Timor/Indonesia, India, Zaire/Congo and Latin America (we even once openly supported the Khmer Rouge/Pol Pot during their mass killings); these are nearly identical to the atrocities that cause us to launch forceful military operations in places like Yugoslavia/Kosovo, etc. Our claims of humanitarianism seem to be a way to colonize and produce support among the unknowing public.

Our ongoing neoliberal, pro-corporate economic agenda that is carried out by the World Bank and other international agencies has nearly destroyed common, sustainable agriculture in the Third World by forcing them to accept subsidized Western agriculture and agricultural methods. Important means of survival are gutted by our socio-economic programs, and people are starving and culture has been traded in. And if they step out of line and start to produce poppies or coca or marijuana in order to survive, we fumigate their fields with lethal chemicals, destroying not only the illegal plants but all of their other crops and risk unknown ecological and health consquences. And when the people revolt, we have SOA goons or our pliable regimes assassinate and terrorize the communities and then justify the brutality by calling them "sympathetic to those evil Marxist guerillas." And then we arm, finance, and turn a blind-eye to the approved narco-producers/traffickers (those affilitated with the governmental regimes that we support). If a war breaks out, hey that's okay - just one more way to justify our monster size permanent war-machine spending & the arms-manufactures will be quite pleased at their large profit.

But no worry, we are always the good guys - right?.

So, if the United States stopped bullying the rest of the world with its military might and economic agenda, I'd venture to guess it'd be more peaceful. This is not to say that we are the sole creator of violence in the world - rather we a major contributor to unrest, terror, misinformation, and dominance because it is good for our economy.

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
Re: Isolationist America [Re: Agent Cooper]
    #312305 - 05/08/01 12:20 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

well spoken..
you guys ever heard of the pax romanum...

bread and games for the masses...

Yeah Rom also called itself a republic a democrathy :)

http://www.tribesofgomorra.f2s.com
das deutschsprachige Z?chterforum
you haven't understood this? you don't have an ???? on your keyboard, huh ?

--------------------
i'm back

OfflineMOoKie
    #316573 - 05/13/01 09:45 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Aussies? Europeans? Canadians???

What are your thoughts?

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Offlinejonniedumbass
Stranger
    #316711 - 05/14/01 03:56 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Given the choice between the current situation and America totally minding its own business, Id choose the latter. Im sure there are *some* good things that America achieves overseas, but all up Id say they do more harm than good.
Agent Cooper summed it up perfectly- just one example is the World Bank offering African nations loans, providing they privatize their water.
Like I said before MJ would (in all probablity) be legal in the Aussie state of Victoria (while under the governance of a very conservative right wing party) had the US not threatened sanctions (on opium of all things). Also to blame are our spineless pollies, but that doesnt make it right.
I wish the US would stop doing things like this.
I dont see how ceasing acts of blatent bastardry prevents the worlds most powerful nation from being nice occasionally.
Gotta go,
jonnie

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#6193005 - 10/20/06 11:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

LMAO :smirk:FUCK YOU GUYS :eek:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6193468 - 10/21/06 02:47 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

It might give you a chance to start paying off your massive foreign debt.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineCyano
Stranger
Re: Isolationist America [Re: Hanky]
    #6193680 - 10/21/06 06:59 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

America is not like most nations in the world. It is an immigration country not a tribe like society. America is more like a large industrial system, in which people hope to get rich and belong to the winners. Industry and trade have to grow/expand. To open new markets America has to "democratize" people, so that they are free to buy their products. Without growth industry and trade would decline. Therefore America is like a vulcano, covering the whole planet with its lava.

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
Re: Isolationist America [Re: Cyano]
    #6193762 - 10/21/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

tru dat

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
    #6193766 - 10/21/06 08:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

but really I think the whole world would collapse in on itself

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#6195615 - 10/21/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Its easier to put a camel through the eye of the needle then it is to make the USA isolationist. WWI, WWII and the cold war proved it. The USA is critical for stopping Islamofascism. We need to stop being nice and use all banned weapons, torture and other evil in our ethnic cleansing of muslims.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder