Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3146975 -

your are probably right and i respect the abilities you speak of....but it almost sounds apathetic( i think this means no emotion) like....like hmmmm being on ssri's made me feel no highs no lows just continious ....okness....


but i understand what your saying i think...its alot like the detachment a healthcare worker develops over time...so he can actually do his job with out emotional hinderances

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: oDin]
    #3146982 -

hehe this is only my point of view of course :grin:

hmmm, a blunt to go around would be nice right now :laugh:


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: vivid]
    #3146984 -

general reply:

I'd just like to point out that you can forgive someone and still cut them out of your life. Forgiveness just means letting go of your anger.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147000 -

I never said I depend on what happens TO me, for me to be happy. where did you get that? I make my own happiness, anger doesn't consume me.
Shit happens in life, you deal with it. Negative things happen to people everyday, people screw other people over, people get screwed by random acts. You have shit you control, which is only yourself.. and things you dont which is the rest of the world.

Because I have a problem with someone, isn't going to keep me from growing and developing in my life in any way, or enjoying the moment that I exist in. It just means that I dont grow with that person. I'm not walking around with a grudge controlling me in my everyday life, or affecting my mood even. The problem with the person(s) doesn't really go beyond them and our relationship, or lack thereof.

I'm honestly insulted that your drawing these conclusions from what I've said. I never said I was anxious, or emotionally drained, or anything like that. I have some issues with some people. Its all pretty simple. Anger might be involved at times, but thats all part of the bag man.
I'm not going to try to drown out part of my conscious to live in some bullshit hippy reality where everyone gets a golden aura of forgiveness. I realize everyone makes mistakes, some are forgivable, and some are to be left for that person to learn to forgive themselves.
I'm pretty adament in believing anger isn't something to hide from or mask or try to ignore completely, you wouldn't have evolved with anger as an instinctual emotion if it didn't have some social validity.
I'm not feeling down, or unsure of what I feel and what I need to do. Grudges aren't affecting my ability to relate to other people or inhibiting me loving my life and my true friends. But its all good you deal with that in that way if it works for you.

Edit: my appologies if that sounds venomous.. definately not the intent.

Edited by vivid (09/17/04 03:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: vivid]
    #3147015 -

its all good , and that's not what I meant by that last post.

I was just trying to convey my point of view better by giving examples, wasn't implying you were feeling these things directly. 

didn't mean to insult you like that.  I'll shut up now.  :grin:


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147017 -

ahh its all good man. As long as we're clear on that. :smile:  :thumbup: :cool: :cool: :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: vivid]
    #3147020 -

indeed

part of the confusion might also be that I'm totally ripped right now :lol:


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147027 -

haha, well.. .. me too man :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147033 -

no dont shut up....its quite interesting to me....i am emotionally retarded but overall quite happy with life esp lately......but i was raised in an emotionally fucked up house overall...not bad just.....emotionally disfunctional....annie has taught me much...prolly not enough

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: oDin]
    #3147043 -

i know what that kind of emotional stress is like.  being severely abused as a kid taught lots about shit like this.

and forgiving my parents was probably one of the best choices I made for myself. 

it's all about the love man

:heart:


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147079 -

I agree that if you are able to forgive someone, you should. But it has to be real, sometimes that takes time and patience or eliminating them from your life and coming back to it down the line when you feel ok with it. And sometimes forgiveness just is not an option.
And I think thats very commendable that you have such a forgiving heart Kaiowas, i'm not trying to come down on your point of view.. i think its beautiful if it works for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: vivid]
    #3147088 -

:sun:


it does :grin:

i know it's not for everyone, I'm jsut a pothead who decided to write a lot kekekeke

besides, what fun would there be if there was a one size fits all to feelings?


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: kaiowas]
    #3147091 -

Well, the world would be alot more boring.  :drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: vivid]
    #3147100 -

whew.....well cool then cuz i wasnt near done hating my brother

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: old grudges die hard [Re: oDin]
    #3147111 -

hahaha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Someone needs to die!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Silversoul 11,049 74 05/14/05 11:56 AM
by Autonomous
* i just saw The Grudge on DVD shirley knott 1,042 17 01/07/06 07:29 PM
by JacquesCousteau
* personally I didn't care when the pope died
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ShroomismM 6,524 76 04/08/05 12:15 AM
by blissedout
* my friend died tonight.
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,198 42 02/03/05 06:19 PM
by Silversoul
* My baby mice died..... I am sad. quarkyquasar 1,560 7 12/18/04 04:24 AM
by quarkyquasar
* Last widow of a Civil War veteran dies KingOftheThing 905 4 06/07/19 02:39 PM
by Konyap
* what do you think happens when you die???
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 3,455 42 03/31/12 11:56 PM
by wtffuck
* How would you like to die?
( 1 2 all )
Shroom_Herder 1,740 39 12/14/04 03:03 AM
by Fliquid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,261 topic views. 9 members, 13 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.