Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDextricity
Stranger

<Troubleshooting> Finding shrooms in dung.
    #3123857 - 09/11/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well today me and my m8 set out in the lower mainland of british columbia searching the many cow pastures and came home empty handed! Every cow pie we found (in a field with cows in it) had nothing in it. The only thing even remotely close was a bunch of inactives scattered around the pasture (not even on dung most of the time). It rained 45 mm in the last 48 hours and with that I had assumed that we found find some shrooms. What did my buddy and I do wrong? Did we come too early? Most of the rain fell less 24-36 hours before we came, is this too soon?

All help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

- dextricity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: &lt;Troubleshooting&gt; Finding shrooms in dung. [Re: Dextricity]
    #3123893 - 09/11/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm assuming/hoping you're looking for liberty caps.  In which case, you shouldn't be looking on cow pies.  They will grow in tall grasses in pasture type of lands, not directly from the poo. 

Other than that you may not be doing anything wrong, it is early in the season which makes it a very hit or miss situation but keep at it.  And yeah, one day isn't enough for the mushrooms to mature all the way.

:sun:
Psily

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineDextricity
Stranger

Re: <Troubleshooting> Finding shrooms in dung. [Re: Dextricity]
    #3123907 - 09/11/04 09:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

To be perfectly honest i'm looking for any shroom that is hallucinogenic and grow's in cow pies.. I've done a little bit of research through books and stuff at the Marijuana party HQ in Van City, and was under the impression that there were several actives that group from them.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#3123941 - 09/11/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes but not always in BC.

cubensis do but in the southeast usa and other areas around the world with a similar climate.  pan subbs grow directly off of dung, but more like stable shavings; plus they are easily confused with pan foens and others.  and they're few and far between.

if you're looking in pastures, you should be looking for liberty caps, in my opinion.  you'll have the most luck that way.

or wait another month or so and look for cyans in the woodchips around town!! :thumbup:

:sun:
Psily

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

OfflineDextricity
Stranger

Re: <Troubleshooting> Finding shrooms in dung. [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3123960 - 09/11/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cyans? Do you mean P. Cyanescens? What do you mean woodchips around town? I was under the impression they grew in forests.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#3123965 - 09/11/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i do mean p. cyanescans, and they grow on alder chips, not in a "natural" setting.  in the fall, look around parks, public buildings, etc... for well manicured landscaped woodchips--preferably watered via sprinkler systems.  they grow everywhere in a month or two.

theres lots of info on this site and mjshroomer's site on cyanescans, plus, theres always google!! :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: Dextricity]
    #3123969 - 09/11/04 10:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 09:27 AM)

OfflineDextricity
Stranger

Re: <Troubleshooting> Finding shrooms in dung. [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #3124244 - 09/11/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you for your advice Yrtlzmo and PsilyGirl. I actually look forward to finding the Cyans because i've always been fond of their wavy like appearance :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: <Troubleshooting> Finding shrooms in dung. [Re: Dextricity]
    #3125461 - 09/12/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Right now you can find blue ringers (Psilocybe stuntzii and Psilocybe fimetaria in lawns in public places such as parks, along sidewalks or restaurants or office buildings that are new, new condos and apratment complexes build within the last year. In Octrober to December or intil the first frost you can also find baeocystis, cyanescens and stuntzii in woodchips in similar l habnbitats or you can find liberty caps (P.semilanceata and P. strictipes) in pastures, as well as some stuntzii, P. fimetaria, P. sierrae and even a P. baeocystis or two,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds