Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
Loc: Southwest, Louisiana
Shroom Hunt question
    #963251 - 10/15/02 04:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

about how long does it take for the shroom to grow after it rains? it rained last night and im bout to go drive around to see if i can find some shrooms in some pastures down the road.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Shroom Hunt question [Re: jeckel]
    #963317 - 10/15/02 04:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

this question has been asked a million times

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlineviscid
dikaryon

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #963755 - 10/15/02 07:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

but the answer differs depending on what mushrooms one is seeking.
certain woody species grow year round.
other lignicolous species can take weeks to develop from primordia to maturity.

others are so ephemeral as to appear in the morning barely visible only to deliquesce by afternoon in the heat.

i guess it depends on what you want.
the day after it rains is not necessarily enough time if there hasnt been any for a while. if the last time it rained was 5 days ago, going out the day after another rain would probably be somewhat fruitful, in that you might see a few coming on.
the second day after might be better.
especially if your hunting on dung.
if it hasnt rained in months, and it rains a bit, maybe no mushrooms.
too frigging variable to say for certain.

it is obvious that you will find nothing if you do not go, though, so you should go.
peace

Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
Re: Shroom Hunt question [Re: viscid]
    #966738 - 10/16/02 07:37 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

im mostly curious bout cubes. rained the night before last. nice and sunny here lately, not too hot, bout mid to high 80s during the day but down in the low 50s at night.

couple more questions.
if i go out and pour a lil water where ive seen shrooms at before or where there are some small one at, would that help to stimulate the growth?
i heard if you pour salt on the cow shit, it helps the shrooms to go faster. i dont think this is true cause if im not mistaking, salt will kill the shrooms. just makin sure though?
last one. im from louisiana, and some people that i know has told me to shroom after a full moon cause there will be more out. is this myth or fact?

thanks in advance

Offlineviscid
dikaryon

#966861 - 10/16/02 08:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

louisiana is excellent hunting.
lucky you.
the weather there (in most places) seems to have been exceptionally conducive to fruiting.
i would say your chances of finding shrooms are great, no matter what's going on.
there has been plenty of rain, hasn't there?
i mean, watering could help, but if your going to go thru that why dont you find a good supply of shit (get it from farms, dont rape the productive fields!) and pile it up in a nice shady area out back.  then take a few colonized dung cakes (i.e., the ones you would have watered) and mix them into your shit pile. 
this worked for me in louisiana. i just watered everyday and got fruits for like, three months.  seriously.
you should hunt for cubes on public land.  if you're in south louisiana, try henderson.
dont fuck with salt.  the moon may possibly have a tiny bit to do with it, but it certainly is mythological sounding shit, and i wouldnt bother thinkin about it.
just go hunt.
my best bets were always fields out of town, surrounded by the scrubby ass woods (wherein one can duck and hide and hunt from obscurity).
you truly are in good grounds for what you want, and if you take precautions and are smart about it, you can get tons of cubies, relatively risk-free.
be careful.
:tongue: 

Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
    #966912 - 10/16/02 08:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i live in south west la. so piling up fresh shit with some colonized ones will work eh? when my cuz puts his cows back out in this pasture, ill start pilin up the shit. the eastern side of a shed should work? thanks for the help.

Offlineviscid
dikaryon

#966929 - 10/16/02 08:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i got it to work, but it's far less efficient than consciously innoculating pasteurized dung with grain spawn.
that is something to think about.
east side of shed sounds good.
i meant, though, to make sure you dont strip an "active" field of all of it's activity, cuz it might take a bit to recover....
just get a few active patties in a trash bag in your backpack, and crumble thenm up in the other shit. the other shit should be somewhat aged, preferably dried out some and then rewetted, help stabilize other microorganism populations.
if you're lucky you might also have luck finding psilocybe caerulescens, panaeolus cyanescens or some pan subbs.
i would make a concerted effort to find the pan cyans if you're out hunting cubes.

by the way, i grew up in your neck of the woods. gotta love lake charles and sulphur and westlake and all that shit.
i got fam in iota and iowa.
lake charles really sucks though, unless you got a boat.
peace.

Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
    #966955 - 10/16/02 08:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i like in deridder, bout 45 min north of lake charles. i live out in the boonies, everywheres i look i see cows or horses. this field aint very active, this is the first time ive found shrooms this summer and its the first summer ive actualy looked. the shrooms ive found was on old dryed out shit so thats the kind to get in the bag right? i found these shrooms the other day on two seperate patties, both under some pine trees. ive never seen pics of the shrooms you just mentioned so i dont really know what they look like. my grandfather and uncle have over 100 acres of farm land combined. and there is a couple of dairy farms down the road from here. so there is plenty of shit. i may start a more thorough search by driving around startin on monday, since monday is payday. thanks for all the help.

Offlinejeckel
Juggalo
    #969442 - 10/17/02 04:27 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

now this sucks ass.  had a couple of cubes growing yesterday when i took my trip around the pasture but today, the farmer has rodotilled the pasture so no more shrooms :frown:  i did find two yesterday.  i went ahead and picked them and im lettin them dry out so i can use them later when i get enough to trip on.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification