Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
A question
    #3121075 - 09/11/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Why are you letting Glowing_Eleven rate people?

I mean surely you know by now that this person randomly waltzes around giving 1 shroom ratings for no apparent reason.

Please remove the 1 shroom rating from ihatejacknjills

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: A question [Re: utopianglory]
    #3121499 - 09/11/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think there is any prohibition against what she is doing.

Get over it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3121524 - 09/11/04 06:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i wear my [-] rating like a medal of honar...almost like a shroomery rite of passage....your not cool unless you have one

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: A question [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3121534 - 09/11/04 07:16 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I don't think there is any prohibition against what she is doing.

Get over it.

Its lucky I didn't ask what you thought then isn't it.

Since you clearly do not care about this issue why would you even post.  Read this persons feedback.  There are plenty of people who do care about it.  My question is to the admin, not somebody who enjoys the romanticism of idiocy like that :smile:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3121539 - 09/11/04 07:19 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

She has every right to rate people the way she has been doing. Only puppets are prohibited from rating people, and as far as we can tell, she's not a puppet. I'm going to have to agree with luvdemshrooms here. Get over it.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: A question [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3121546 - 09/11/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i wear my [-] rating like a medal of honar...almost like a shroomery rite of passage....your not cool unless you have one

In that case, I'm super cool.

:cool:

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: A question [Re: silversoul7]
    #3121561 - 09/11/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
She has every right to rate people the way she has been doing. Only puppets are prohibited from rating people, and as far as we can tell, she's not a puppet. I'm going to have to agree with luvdemshrooms here. Get over it.

Like I said, I didn't ask for what anybody who thinks its acceptable to post. If the admin say this is fine to do, then so be it.

I do find it oppressive that I'm being chastized for asking a question here. Its a perfectly reasonable query. It doesn't suprise me that the opposition to what I'm talking about comes from people who do not frequent the cultivation side of things where ratings help to seperate those who give good advice from people who tell hunters to say, eat a poisonous mushroom. This is the only real "practicality" of the ratings system anyway.

Hypothetical question, you have absolutely no problem with me finding out the official position from the admin and then telling say, 100 of the unhappy people the fact that they have every right to go rate every single person they can 1 star to get a rise out of them and turn the rating system into a farce? I sincerly doubt you would enjoy that.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3121575 - 09/11/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

utopianglory said:
Like I said, I didn't ask for what anybody who thinks its acceptable to post. If the admin say this is fine to do, then so be it.

I've been here long enough and seen enough whiney bitches complaining about G11 to know that the admins have no problem with what she's doing. Go ahead and ignore me now, but I'm telling you, the admins aren't going to do anything about it, so like I said, GET OVER IT!

Quote:

I do find it oppressive that I'm being chastized for asking a question here. Its a perfectly reasonable query. It doesn't suprise me that the opposition to what I'm talking about comes from people who do not frequent the cultivation side of things where ratings help to seperate those who give good advice from people who tell hunters to say, eat a poisonous mushroom. This is the only real "practicality" of the ratings system anyway.

Apparently most people here disagree, so tough luck, buddy.

Quote:

Hypothetical question, you have absolutely no problem with me finding out the official position from the admin and then telling say, 100 of the unhappy people the fact that they have every right to go rate every single person they can 1 star to get a rise out of them and turn the rating system into a farce? I sincerly doubt you would enjoy that.

Actually, I really don't give a damn, and neither should you. Get past your enormous fucking ego and GET OVER IT!!!!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #3121585 - 09/11/04 08:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The way I see it, glowing eleven lurks mostly, and when someone displays rude or inappropriate behavior, she gives them a rate. The people who impress her in some way get a positive rate.

I've often wondered why she never rated me, maybe i neither impressed nor offended her at any time.

If i were to rate glowing eleven, i would probably rate her negatively, not because of anything she's done here, but because her username, when taken in context with the date she registered, blatantly glorifies the destruction of the World Trade Center. the 'glowing eleven' is a metaphor for the burning towers.

the towers so much resembled the number eleven that channel 11 news used their image as their logo.

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3121609 - 09/11/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Since you clearly do not care about this issue why would you even post.

1. Because it's a message board.
2. Because you started the subject, thus inviting replies.
3. Because you're, (apparently), a whiner.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: A question [Re: silversoul7]
    #3121610 - 09/11/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

utopianglory said:

I've been here long enough and seen enough whiney bitches complaining about G11 to know that the admins have no problem with what she's doing.  Go ahead and ignore me now, but I'm telling you, the admins aren't going to do anything about it, so like I said, GET OVER IT!

Quote:

I do find it oppressive that I'm being chastized for asking a question here.  Its a perfectly reasonable query.  It doesn't suprise me that the opposition to what I'm talking about comes from people who do not frequent the cultivation side of things where ratings help to seperate those who give good advice from people who tell hunters to say, eat a poisonous mushroom.  This is the only real "practicality" of the ratings system anyway.

Apparently most people here disagree, so tough luck, buddy.

Quote:

Hypothetical question, you have absolutely no problem with me finding out the official position from the admin and then telling say, 100 of the unhappy people the fact that they have every right to go rate every single person they can 1 star to get a rise out of them and turn the rating system into a farce?  I sincerly doubt you would enjoy that.

Actually, I really don't give a damn, and neither should you.  Get past your enormous fucking ego and GET OVER IT!!!!

Yes, because after all, I must have an enormous ego if I care that some immature  fool is going around making hateful gestures just for fun :smile:

If you know the admin is going to do nothing about it why would you post here?  Seems to me you want to exercise your "enormous fucking ego" and throw out some abuse.

Kind of ironic that you want me to shut up because you don't like what I'm saying, yet you're all for her saying and doing whatever she wants.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3121616 - 09/11/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have seen her give someone 5 shrooms once for "being a good sport."

Obviously, this was strange to me, but It wasn't my rating so I didn't inquire.

She obviously rates you based on something, what that is is a mystery to me.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3121617 - 09/11/04 08:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Since you clearly do not care about this issue why would you even post.

1. Because it's a message board.
2. Because you started the subject, thus inviting replies.
3. Because you're, (apparently), a whiner.

1. I started this topic in a forum designed to foster communication between those who run it and those who use it. If I wanted your opinion, I would have posted it in Pub.

2. I'm a whiner because I posted a few lines making a query?

I've been here since 98, thats 6 years. I've made one complaint (query). Apparently that makes me a whiner. I think you will find that I spend a lot of time doing absolutely nothing but helping people out here. I saw a person that I've been watching receive a "gesture" from our notorious friend and posted a question here.

Why am I subject to unjustified attacks for speaking my mind from people who are apparently trying to protect that same right? Have I been disrespectful atall? Absolutely not. So why am I in the wrong?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3121627 - 09/11/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

1. I started this topic in a forum designed to foster communication between those who run it and those who use it. If I wanted your opinion, I would have posted it in Pub. 

If you don't want replies, be smart enough to send a PM instead of making a post.

Quote:

2. I'm a whiner because I posted a few lines making a query? 

Yup.

Quote:

I've been here since 98, thats 6 years. I've made one complaint (query). 

:cheers:

Quote:

I saw a person that I've been watching receive a "gesture" from our notorious friend and posted a question here.

Two thoughts on that.... if you didn't want replies, don't post. If it bothered that person, they should have asked.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (09/11/04 08:40 AM)

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3121658 - 09/11/04 08:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

so you got a 1 shroom rating, whats the big deal?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3121664 - 09/11/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This is the last thing I'm posting here.  Your only valid point is that the person who received the rating should have complained not me.  I have a feeling he would have received the some hypocritical "say what you want as long as its not against what I think" jive but we'll never know will we :smile:

Anyway, its been terrific, putting a few "enormous fucking egos" into one discussion.  Thanks for the fun. :smile:

There never was a big deal until I had people laying criticism on me for actually saying a single word about it.

Edited by utopianglory (09/11/04 08:58 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3121795 - 09/11/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

This is the last thing I'm posting here.

Excellent.

Quote:

Your only valid point is that the person who received the rating should have complained not me.

Actually, all are valid. You just don't like them.

Quote:

I have a feeling he would have received the some hypocritical "say what you want as long as its not against what I think" jive but we'll never know will we

Actually, no-one said that.

Quote:

Anyway, its been terrific, putting a few "enormous fucking egos" into one discussion.

No egos, just opinions. Although your ego seems a bit bruised.

Quote:

Thanks for the fun.

You're welcome.

Quote:

There never was a big deal until I had people laying criticism on me for actually saying a single word about it.

Wahh!

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #3122022 - 09/11/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, what heated debate! :tongue2:

As has been stated, this topic has been brought up quite a few times, in public and in private, and each time we remind our users that the general ratings are just that -- general.  They are available to any of our members to rate any of our members however they feel.  They can be read for kicks, and even to gain a general vibe of what the person might be about (including reading the type of rates that person has given out).  For all we know, Glowing_Eleven has a reason behind each of her rates, she simply cares not to explain that reason.  Might this frusterate some people? Sure, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be allowed to let her feelings be known.

Trade rates on the other hand are strictly moderated, as they serve a vital purpose in helping people gauge whether or not a certain member is credible enough to engage in an exchange of goods with.  For this reason, any questionable trade rates, in which there is no proof that a transaction actually ocurred, are deleted as soon as we are made aware of them and the offending party(ies) are usually banned in efforts to deter them from future erroneous trade rating. 

General ratings are for personal opinion.  Trade ratings are a performance gauge.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3122372 - 09/11/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

This is the last thing I'm posting here. 

Excellent.

Quote:

Your only valid point is that the person who received the rating should have complained not me. 

Actually, all are valid. You just don't like them.

Quote:

I have a feeling he would have received the some hypocritical "say what you want as long as its not against what I think" jive but we'll never know will we

Actually, no-one said that.

Quote:

Anyway, its been terrific, putting a few "enormous fucking egos" into one discussion.

No egos, just opinions. Although your ego seems a bit bruised.

Quote:

Thanks for the fun.

You're welcome.

Quote:

Wahh!

:lol:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: A question [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3122429 - 09/11/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

utopianglory, don't let these guys get you down. They are being quite the dicks. I have no idea why they might think that this is cool.

-FF

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies