Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Time Poll - It is all over but the crying!
    #3091006 - 09/04/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Stick a fork in John Forbes Kerry. This election is going to be a buttwhippin. Put this in your pipe and smoke it lefties!

http://www.time.com/time/press_releases/article/0,8599,692562,00.html

Campaign 2004: Bush Opens Double-Digit Lead
Quote:

TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader

Friday, Sep. 03, 2004
New York: For the first time since the Presidential race became a two person contest last spring, there is a clear leader, the latest TIME poll shows. If the 2004 election for President were held today, 52% of likely voters surveyed would vote for President George W. Bush, 41% would vote for Democratic nominee John Kerry, and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader, according to a new TIME poll conducted from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. Poll results are available on TIME.com and will appear in the upcoming issue of TIME magazine, on newsstands Monday, Sept. 6.

Most important issues: When asked what they consider are the most important issues, 25% of registered voters cited the economy as the top issue, followed by 24% who cited the war on terrorism as the top issue. The situation in Iraq was rated the top issue by 17% of registered voters, moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents, and health care was the most important issue for 11% of respondents.

Bush vs. Kerry:

The economy: 47% trust President Bush more to handle the economy, while 45% trust Kerry.

Health care: 48% trust Senator Kerry to handle health care issues, while 42% trust Bush.

Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.

Terrorism: 57% trust Bush to handle the war on terrorism, while 36% trust Kerry.

Understanding the needs of people: 47% said they trust Kerry to understand the needs of people like themselves, while 44% trusted Bush to understand their needs.

Providing strong leadership: 56% said they trust Bush to provide strong leadership in difficult times, while 37% said they trust Kerry to provide leadership in difficult times.
Tax policy: 49% trust Bush to handle tax policy, while 40% trust Kerry.

Commanding the Armed Forces: 54% said they trust Bush to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, while 39% said they trust Kerry.

Bush on the Issues:

Iraq: Half (50%) of those surveyed approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 46% disapprove. In last week?s TIME poll, 48% approved of the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq and 48% disapproved.

Terrorism: Almost two thirds (59%) said they approve of how President Bush is handling the war on terrorism, while 38% disapprove. Last week?s TIME poll found 55% approved of Bush?s handling of the war on terrorism, while 40% disapproved.

The Economy: Survey respondents were split on the President?s handling of the economy. Almost half (48%) said the approved of Bush?s handling of the economy, while 48% said the disapproved.

Other results include:

Was U.S. Right Going to War with Iraq? Over half of those surveyed (52%) think the U.S. was right in going to war with Iraq, while 41% think the U.S. was wrong to go to war.

Have the United States? actions in Iraq made the world safer? Almost half (45%) think the United States? actions in Iraq have made the world safer, while 45% think the world is more dangerous. In a similar TIME poll taken Aug. 3 ? 5, over half (52%) said the world was more dangerous, and 38% said the world was safer.

WOO HOO!

GEORGE BUSH ROCKS!

This is only the begining. You can keep your Kennedys and Kerrys and stuff them back into their liberal enclaves of the northeast.

I can't wait for Cheney/Ashcroft 08! We are taking America back for fine and decent God fearing Americans!

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3091022 - 09/04/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents

This is why our political system is so shit at times. :shake:

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3091023 - 09/04/04 11:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusChrist said:

GEORGE BUSH ROCKS!

This is only the begining.  You can keep your Kennedys and Kerrys and stuff them back into their liberal enclaves of the northeast.

I can't wait for Cheney/Ashcroft 08!  We are taking America back for fine and decent God fearing Americans!

you have GOT to be kidding me ....ohhhh man , some people are fucked up  :confused: im telling u JFK is going all the way, you'll see. we are planting a bush back in texas

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3091028 - 09/04/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

and cheney/ashcroft would be possibly the worst ticket EVER  :rolleyes:

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#3091031 - 09/04/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Something can't be right there. Rasmussen has been running daily polls gauging this same exact issue. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm . For the last three days, Bush has led Kerry 49%-45%...there's no way such a disparity could exist between one Time poll and daily Rasmussen polls.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3091034 - 09/04/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Put this in your pipe and smoke it lefties!

It would take a pretty deranged take on reality to call John Kerry a leftie. He is somewhat lesser to the right than Bush and Atilla the Hun, leftie no.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3091049 - 09/04/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
Quote:

JesusChrist said:

GEORGE BUSH ROCKS!

This is only the begining.  You can keep your Kennedys and Kerrys and stuff them back into their liberal enclaves of the northeast.

I can't wait for Cheney/Ashcroft 08!  We are taking America back for fine and decent God fearing Americans!

you have GOT to be kidding me ....ohhhh man , some people are fucked up  :confused: im telling u JFK is going all the way, you'll see. we are planting a bush back in texas

I threw that in there just for you.  Sometimes I like going over the top just to rattle the cages.  I can't envision a greater nightmare for a lefty than a Cheney/Ashcroft ticket.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Xlea321]
    #3091052 - 09/04/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:grin:  :thumbup:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3091054 - 09/04/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Something can't be right there. Rasmussen has been running daily polls gauging this same exact issue. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Presidential_Tracking_Poll.htm . For the last three days, Bush has led Kerry 49%-45%...there's no way such a disparity could exist between one Time poll and daily Rasmussen polls.

I have determined that the Time poll is the most accurate poll in reflecting my views. At least for now.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Xlea321]
    #3091071 - 09/04/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Put this in your pipe and smoke it lefties!

It would take a pretty deranged take on reality to call John Kerry a leftie. He is somewhat lesser to the right than Bush and Atilla the Hun, leftie no.

:rotfl:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3091188 - 09/04/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You got a biiiiiiiiiig surprise comin? to you buddy boy.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3091197 - 09/04/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Learyfan, take it like a man. This is a one dog race from here on out. Your candidate has been exposed before the American people. It is all over but the crying. Smell the glove my friend.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3091551 - 09/04/04 01:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"Smell the glove"? I've never heard that term before. What does it mean?

No, the race is long from over. JFK will be the next President of the US of A.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3091574 - 09/04/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Newsweek's poll had slightly different numbers, but the same 11 point edge. Newsweek says it's 54 to 43.

With two months left to go, it would be pretty unrealistic to believe these numbers won't change before the votes are finally counted.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3091682 - 09/04/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
"Smell the glove"? I've never heard that term before. What does it mean?

"Smell the Glove" was the name of one of the greatest rock albums of all time by Spinal Tap.
Quote:

The original cover depicted, in the words of Polymer rep Bobbi Flekman, a "greased, naked woman on all fours with a dog collar around her neck, and a leash and a man?s arm extended out up to here holding on to the leash and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it."

It is also an immature expression I like to use on sports boards after my team beats another. My intention is lighthearted, I don't mean it as a flame to piss you off.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Time Poll - It is all over but the crying! [Re: Phred]
    #3091686 - 09/04/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
Newsweek's poll had slightly different numbers, but the same 11 point edge. Newsweek says it's 54 to 43.

With two months left to go, it would be pretty unrealistic to believe these numbers won't change before the votes are finally counted.

pinky

I expect the gap to widen significantly. The more people get to know John Kerry, the more they don't like him.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3091718 - 09/04/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You may well be correct. That's almost certainly why it has been one month and four days since Kerry has been exposed to the general press for questions -- his handlers are only too aware of just what a hollow man Kerry demonstrates himself to be whenever he does anything other than read carefully-prepared scripts, and how much of a truly unlikeable candidate they have been saddled with.

On the other hand, it is undeniably true that so many voters hate Bush they'd vote for Al Sharpton if he was the Dem candidate, so I think it unlikely that those numbers will stay the same from now till the election. If Kerry is let off his leash by his handlers, the gap will widen. If he is kept under wraps for a while longer, the gap will likely shrink.

You can bet your bottom dollar the Kerry campaign is regretting deeply their decision to allow him to make that pathetic midnight "rebuttal" to the speeches at the RNC. My prediction is you'll hear nothing out of the Kerry camp for at least a few days more. For them, the longer the better. Unfortunately for Kerry, that's the kind of tactic that is ultimately self-defeating if overplayed. It's a fine line they have to walk.

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#3092002 - 09/04/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WOO HOO!

GEORGE BUSH ROCKS!

This is only the begining. You can keep your Kennedys and Kerrys and stuff them back into their liberal enclaves of the northeast.

I can't wait for Cheney/Ashcroft 08! We are taking America back for fine and decent God fearing Americans!

Taking America back? Where have you been for the last 4 years...

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order