Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Acid Myth?
    #3072894 -

So a couple of days ago, i came across some acid, the blotter was of a chesire cat. However, I decided not to buy any because my friend tells me that acid can affect your genes/chromosomes in some way. Can anyone confirm that this is true or not, because the acid looked legit as people around me where tripping hard off it, and i really wanted to get some of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3072960 -

Short answer, it's a myth based on "studies" done in the 60's which concluded that LSD causes chromosome damage, however the studies were flawed and further follow up studies were not able to replicate them. Of course, those studies didn't get nearly the same amount of attention.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_writings3.shtml


It's very sad that this kind of thing still goes on. There was a study about a year ago on MDMA, where George Ricurate concluded that MDMA caused dopemine receptor damage and could cause Parkinson's. He then later retracted it saying that his lab mixed up and used methampthmine instead of MDMA, but of course, the original study recieved MUCH more attention, so the damage was done in the uninformed public mind.

Erowid is a good source for any myths you may have heard. Tons of info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Twirling]
    #3076616 -

ya I've heard people say, "E gives you Parkinson's, so don't do it!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Tyger]
    #3077675 -

Tyger said:
ya I've heard people say, "E gives you Parkinson's, so don't do it!!"



I've heard E's help reduce symtpons of Parkinsons. :rolleyes:


:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: JaRRn]
    #3077783 -

I've seen a guy with parkinsons trembling uncontrollably and barely able to walk take an E and an hour later be doing somersaults and gymnastics without any shaking at all.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3078186 -

no shit...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3078236 -

Lol, when I get old im always gonna do E

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Hijinx_Spike]
    #3078486 -

Ive always heard that MDMA destroys ur spinal fluid (undoubtedly from the Eminem song) and that Acid and LSD are not the same thing. i read in a book about rhe 60s, and the origins of lsd/acid that lsd was developed, then it l;eaked to the public and it was nicknamed acid, so acid and lsd were the same thing. but now i have an asshole know-it-all about drugs tellin me its 2 totally diff things. can some1 clear this up??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: SirRobin]
    #3078501 -

It's the same thing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: SirRobin]
    #3079473 -

I would punch your friend in the face, if I where you












































then I'd do it again :smirk:


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: gdman]
    #3079754 -

Punch him twice. Once for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3080608 -

Do lots of acid. As long as it is actually acid you will be fine.:)


--------------------
World of shit in which a sandwich would be what was concerning your fantasic ideals, fruitalicious fuckwad. I am a racoon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3080805 -

ROAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3082438 -

As was already said LSD will not cause chromosomal damage, nor is it a vicious, addicting, try-to-take-your-kids-in-and-turn-them-into-a-rapist drug.

Also, while clearing up rumors, LSD doesn't contain strychnine as a lot of people will tell you that it was the agent the LSD chemists use to bind the LSD to the blotter hits. No drugs contain strychnine unless someone meaningfully adds it to it with the intention of making someone ill.

Remember that in a lot of locations now acid is in low supply, meaning that you are at a higher risk of being ripped off with a blank piece of paper, or someone putting dxm on it, etc.

Always buy one hit first, or get knowledge of it's legitimacy from a very close and trusted friend before buying in a higher quantity.

Final note: Don't jump out of windows on LSD, you make the drug, yourself, and all of us who responsibly use hallucinogens look bad while giving law enforcement more firepower to use in keeping it illegal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Silven]
    #3082596 -

Yeah, i have only bought acid once (as a post from like april will tell you), and it was bunk. I am afraid to waste any more money, but im gonna try again in a few weeks or so.


--------------------
"I believe that if people would learn to use LSD's vision-inducing capability more wisely, under suitable conditions, in medical practice and in conjunction with meditation, then in the future this problem child could become a wonderchild."
- - Albert Hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3084271 -

short answer:

no it doesn't fuck up your chromosomes. gov. propaganda at its finest, old propaganda though. they don't try to pump that into the minds of the youth these days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: ]
    #3084444 -

I only bought bunk acid once but it was my own fault..I asked some kid when I was in hs cause I had heard he did a lot of acid..he kept saying "make sure you smoke a lot of weed with this since its your first time" over and over.....I should have got the hint but I bought it for $5 canadian and got nothing but placebo(which I believe is more about lying to yourself and looking too hard fro something that isn't there, I don't believe placebo will actually create the effects of the drug)....since then all acid I have bought has been the real deal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Acid Myth? [Re: Event_Horizon]
    #3086522 -

Another good myth about acid is that it makes your brain bleed down your spine and the bleeding is what causes you to trip. WRONG

That one was big when I discovered the wonder that is LSD.

You should just carry around a golf club with you in case you hear people bullshitting you about the shit you have now learned in this forum.

Simple formula - they BS you once you whack them twice
they BS you twice you whack them four times and so on

Trip once for me!


--------------------
A drug person can learn to cope with things like seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth, but no one should be asked to handle this trip.

  :samurai:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Acid Myth... True or False?
( 1 2 all )
An0n 3,291 27 07/19/04 10:57 PM
by nicechrisman
* Acid Myth or What?
( 1 2 all )
FreeFalling 3,260 23 03/25/04 08:21 AM
by EvilGir
* Drug Myths!
( 1 2 3 all )
TheProdigy 6,232 51 08/31/06 12:34 PM
by dedjam
* OD on acid
( 1 2 3 all )
shroom_cap 5,440 58 04/27/08 11:22 AM
by Moo456
* One timed I ODd a little on acid and want to know the mics. sunshine 1,379 18 10/21/05 02:48 PM
by gdman
* Re: Valproic acid psilotexas 1,560 4 04/18/01 09:21 PM
by JKB
* Myths of Mushrooms
( 1 2 3 4 all )
JadeWarrior 6,500 62 12/10/05 05:37 AM
by MushroomTrip
* LSD myths and lies
( 1 2 all )
Gainer 6,415 35 06/17/05 01:33 AM
by TrippleNipple

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
2,775 topic views. 0 members, 20 guests and 55 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.