Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJROS14
Protege
Loc: SF, CA
Re: OD on acid [Re: dblaney]
    #3900266 - 03/10/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

i've heard of people taking more than a gram before, although i can't say i know any of them so that could be fake. But LSD is extremely, extremely non toxic so i doubt that's true (as i said b4, it's less toxic than vitamin C and u get plenty of that)

--------------------
**GRoUP HUG**

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: OD on acid [Re: dblaney]
    #3900693 - 03/10/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Didn't someone die from taking a gram or two of it once, or did I just imagine reading that?

I did an honors thesis on psychedelics in college. I tried to find any cases were someone died from LSD. I even contacted the FDA. The only case I found was the man who IV'd 300mg.. I ordered the full text of the Kentucky medical journal through my campus library. After reading it I can't say he actually died from LSD. He was obviously a poly-drug user. The journal just assumes he died because of the amount of LSD he took, but it concludes there are no physiological symptoms that point to LSD toxicity.
Also this man IV'd 300mg. Iv'ing a drug increases it's bioavalability by quite abit. This 300mg. could easily correlate to 2-5 grams of oral LSD.
Again since he was a IV drug user(speed) the LSD can't be solely to blame.
It may of killed him from physiological toxicity or it may have just triggered cardio/pulmonary complications that already existed. We'll never know because he was not a good case to study.

One thing is for certain. I bet it was a hell of a suprise thinking he was slamming some meth or coke and feeling 300mg. of LSD surging through his veins.

There were a couple of people who tried to eat a gram many years ago on tour.
From my understanding they threw quite abit of it up minutes after they ate it.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: OD on acid [Re: chinacat72]
    #3902126 - 03/11/05 10:50 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

so if someone who is well educated in psychedelics takes a crazy amount, say 20,000 mg, they can eventually come off it with a straight head?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: OD on acid [Re: Phluck]
    #3902519 - 03/11/05 11:57 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
People don't start believing they're inanimate objects all of a sudden, and anyone who has any basic knowledge about psychosis would know this.

On Salvia people often feel like they're an inanimate object. I became my bed once, and my wall. But that only lasts a couple of minutes.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: OD on acid [Re: cybrbeast]
    #3902530 - 03/11/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

cybrbeast said:
Quote:

Phluck said:
People don't start believing they're inanimate objects all of a sudden, and anyone who has any basic knowledge about psychosis would know this.

On Salvia people often feel like they're an inanimate object. I became my bed once, and my wall. But that only lasts a couple of minutes.

He's right. I was a product on a shelf for a few moments.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: OD on acid [Re: chinacat72]
    #3902776 - 03/11/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Well, there is a very well written section on acute effects of LSD ingestion in the following paper: The Psychopharmacology of Hallucinogens Abraham, H.D., et al. Neuropsychopharmacology, 14:4 285-298. It's about as good as the recent Nichols review (listed in the how hallucingens work thread)although this one focuses a bit mroe on subjective effects, and is becoming a tad dated. Anyway, I'll give some excerpts altough its a worthy reference to add to your collection as its fairly easy reading.

"Hallucingoens have no withdrawal effects. There are no documented toxic fatalities from LSD use." Although keep in mid this was written in 1995.

Rodents are extremely resistant to it's effects, mice having an LD50 of 150,000 micrograms/kg. Alternatively, an elephant was once killed by injection of 297 mg of LSD (approximately 100 micrograms/kg). This was found in the West et al. reference, 1962. However I can tell you there is some controversy of the killing of the elephant, as "other drugs" were administered in an effort to save it. There is deabte as to how large of a role these drugs played in the elephants death.

In addition to the reference chinacat mentioned above (which I haven't personally read) There is documented evidence of an incidence where chemically pure LSD was mistaken for cocaine at a party and snorted in quantities estimated between 10,000 and 100,0000 micrograms total (Klock et al., 1975)(thats about 0.1-1.0 grams if my math is correct). In this specific instance the individuals suffered from: "mental status changes changes characterized by confusion, hallucinations, and hemorrhage, possibl mediated by antagonism of platelet serotonin function". All recovered. Again, I haven't personally read the Klock reference, so I can't comment any further.

All in all it's difficult to OD. Erowid lists several additional publications. I am interested though, in the fact that whomever lists the references claims that an LD50 IV dose would be greater than that taken by mouth. I tend to disagree (and feel free to enlighten me if you feel otherwise). Since LSD is highly lipid soluble, presuably, when placed in the mouth, it is absorbed through the lining of the mouth. This in effect avoids what the pharmacologist calls "first pass metabolism". Thus, although it may be absorbed quicker, IV administration shouldn't effet the LD50 of LSD (at least not to a degree of 2-3 times). Chinacat, you mentioned you have the reference, do the authors mention this themselves? or was it a conclusion by whomever posted the info on erowid?

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: OD on acid [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #3904114 - 03/11/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

puritybinge said:
blotter is either good or bunk.

I'm not so sure about this. There are some blotters going around here that I'm almost positive are 5-meo-AMT or some other RC.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: OD on acid [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3904288 - 03/11/05 05:57 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

AMT blotter does exist apparently. If you ever see a hit that is bigger than .25"^2, beware. There was a thread dedicated to the math of an AMT dose fitting in a single hit. I think it was realized that it is possible, though not common (if it happens at all). Would usually be >1 hit or a larger blotter. A friend experienced something like this once recently. A trip that took 2 or 3 hours to start, and lasted around 12 i think, w/some stomach discomfort. could just be him freakin out.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: OD on acid [Re: badchad]
    #3905849 - 03/12/05 04:02 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

badchad said:
There is documented evidence of an incidence where chemically pure LSD was mistaken for cocaine at a party and snorted in quantities estimated between 10,000 and 100,0000 micrograms total ?

Wow... they're expecting a numby white taste and a cocaine feeling, and instead they get strange metalic-tasting crystals... the drip ten minutes later must have been crazy :shocked:  They're just starting to trip, and they taste...something... dripping down their throat.  Its definitely not coke, and reminds one of them of the taste of blotter... then it really starts to hit!  man what an experience that would be :blush:

--------------------

Edited by Noviseer (03/12/05 04:03 AM)

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: OD on acid [Re: Noviseer]
    #8326396 - 04/25/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

How the hell could you not tell that it wasn't coke? That's just stupid.
As far as an OD on acid it's impossible physically but mentally it's extreemly dangerous. In the drug culture it's always hard to get straight stories but I've heard of someone swallowing a massive amount during a police raid at a Dead show and the problems this poor kid went through at the county jail, having a long lasting detrimental effect in his ability to function in society and with others.
Reading saucerful of secrets about Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett thats enough for me to be very careful with how much acid I take. A story of him sitting at a table eating with others and a guy saying that Barrett just looked at him and he knew to pass him the salt without a word being said, isn't a place that I would want to be permanently. He also locked his girlfriend in his room and would slide food under the door for her. And of course he couldn't function in the band or in society and lived out his days living with his mom despite being financially well off.
Shrooms are another story, I think you could eat a massive amount of shrooms and that your mind and body would return to normal with no long lasting mental or physical detrimental effects.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: OD on acid [Re: mr.bixby]
    #8326458 - 04/25/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

thats a 3 year bump there, mr.bixby

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: OD on acid [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8326463 - 04/25/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:
thats a 3 year bump there, mr.bixby

Hahaha, I was reading all of the posts from 2005 and was wondering who was going to be the 2008 post.

Offline81Renaissance
Mad Scientist
Male

Re: OD on acid [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #8326472 - 04/25/08 10:30 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

--------------------
"Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around."

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: OD on acid [Re: bryguy27007]
    #8326482 - 04/25/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Why are people so convinced massive doses cause you to lose your mind permanently? After ~1-1.5mg you've reached receptor saturation anyway and all you're adding is length and body load. I've watched a friend of mine drink an entire vial, then wash it and drink the wash.

--------------------

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #8326529 - 04/25/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have absolutely %100 bought adulterated blotters that were regular size. Around two years ago me and my ex girlfriend split a sheet of white perforated blotters. after trying a few of them and being confused by the horrible taste I did some research. I am almost positive the blotters contained DOI, and had no LSD on them. The blotters were regular size, and when I told my friends about it friends of friends indicated that these blotters were being widely distributed throughout the city.

The unsettling part is that they were being sold as acid, and DOI can last 30+ hours. I took 2 blotters the night we got them. It was similar to other psychedelics in many ways, and personally I enjoyed the experience, but after 18 hours of tripping I fell asleep at my girlfriends house. When I woke up 4 hours later I found that I was still hallucinating. It took another 8-10 hours to get back to baseline. Not such a nice side effect if you think you are taking LSD.

Another girl I know took one hit at night, and after going home and trying to go to bed, freaked out. She woke her parents up, and started ranting about how triangles were attacking her, and squares were the only safe places. There's some other nasty stories, but you get the point.

I have friends who would pop 5 hits of acid straight up under the impression that "LSD blotters are either bunk, or quality". This is no longer true. Watch out for horrible tasting blotters, they are adulterated with DO(X) chemicals and could really mess some people up with an unexpected 30 hour trip life.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: OD on acid [Re: Heffy]
    #8326536 - 04/25/08 10:49 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Silly me, I only just realized this thread is 3 years old.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: OD on acid [Re: Heffy]
    #8333689 - 04/27/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

What the hell is DOI? And yes I'm aware that the thread is old, just going with the subject matter and starting it from there. Maybe taking huge doses of LSD doesn't have a detrimental effect on some, it's not like there has been a lot of scientific studies since the 60's about acid. Call me a pussy but I'm afraid of any chemicals in large doses.

--------------------
finality [faɪˈnælɪtɪ]
n pl -ties
1. the condition or quality of being final or settled; conclusiveness.
2. a final or conclusive act

Long live the Shroomery and I'm done with it.:toast:

OfflineI_like_mushrooms
Stranger
    #8333709 - 04/27/08 10:53 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mr.bixby said:
What the hell is DOI?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/doi/doi.shtml

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#8333766 - 04/27/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mr.bixby said:
Shrooms are another story, I think you could eat a massive amount of shrooms and that your mind and body would return to normal with no long lasting mental or physical detrimental effects.

Guess again man. They work on the nervous system in almost the exact same way. People can get hppd as well as mental problems from mushrooms. I think it is a bit more common with LSD though because the mental effects of LSD are more intricate and convincing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag