Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

texas plants
    #3018630 - 08/18/04 03:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i'm on vacation in texas right now. towards the gulf coast. Anyways, just wanted you to know what I have found out here. Many varieties of mimosa , like mimosa pudica. Albizia tree's, sophora trees, panaelous mushrooms, prickly poppy, HUGE brugmansia's, and a lot more. I dont have my digital camera with me but i'll try to scan some shots later on.

Anyone in southern texas sure has it lucky because this area is rich in medicinal/psychoactive plants. I'm sure if I bought a field guide and studied it I would find many more interesting plants.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: texas plants [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3018680 - 08/18/04 03:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Albizia has uses?!????

I guess I need to learn to identify pudica too.

Thornapples grow wild by fort sam in SA. (after I discovered what they were, I laughed so hard... I used to go smack thornapples with sticks when I was 6) You can just pick up fallen opuntia pads off the ground. Theres artemesias in grassy areas. Oh, and horsechestnuts are around the woods too. (fish poison?) Lactuca. Nettles. Rag weed. Thistles.

--------------------

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (08/18/04 03:58 PM)

OfflineOOKLA
Mr.Slippyfist

#3019022 - 08/18/04 05:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

would it be too much ask for a picture of some of these. I looked them up and all i find is drawn pictures or close up (to close to know what to look for when i am out driving. Are prickly poppies active, casue there are fields of them, they are a weed here, I had heard they are like cali poppies (not worth the effort). I would love a pic of opium lettuce if any one has one handy.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3020471 - 08/18/04 10:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Place if full of Albizzias here in Greece...I too wonder if they have uses,tryptamines in them or other compounds.

By the way A'neglakya ,how is Texas? Never been there iimagine it well..."deserty" climate! It would be worthy getting a guide on psychoactive plants with you,i wonder why you didnt bring one.It seems though that you have some growind and ID'ing experience so you can go around without a book in your hand.Maybe listen to locals talk,or people into entheos there.They could point out usefull plants,you could even take cutting of plants you are interested in if its legasl to transport back that is.

On a side note: how is the project about "Pineal tea" with Griffonia and Mucuna going? You captured my attention now!!!Any mucuna in Texas?

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: texas plants [Re: Psiloman]
    #3024161 - 08/19/04 05:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

There are several posts regarding albizia.. Some sources claim them to have powerfull mood enhancing capabilites. I dont believe there are any tryptamine in them though. Everyone I talk to seems to think they are actually a mimosa, but thats just because its their common name (mimosa tree/silk tree) while its actually a mimosa. I notice a lot of mesquites out here as well.

Speaking of listening to locals about plant lore, that is my #1 favorite thing to do while travelling. i talk to nearly everyone about plants and mushrooms and i find it fascinating to see what they know and even some of the myths and misinformaiton regarding some of the plants.

I haven't found any mucuna growing wild but i would not be the least bit suprised if it occured out here. If you really want to know, take your shirt off, get really sweaty and walk around a field on a windy day. The needle like hairs from the leaves and the seed pods will float around and get stuck to you, releasing serotonin and histamine and causing a severe dermatological reaction.

No camera actually, ill do my best to snag a few before I leave. I've bene meaning to take pictures of the plants native to my home land and posting on here, i just havent had the time lately. I promise i'll start making more time for my ethnogarden buddies as soon as I can.

Harvey, Artimisia was one of the first ones I spotted. It was obviously an art. based on the leaf margin and formation but when I picked a bit and rolled it between my finger tips the characteristic odor was released , confirming its genus. I have most of the plants you mention in my native area as well.

--------------------

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3025174 - 08/19/04 09:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Very very nice and interesting!

Wow,i did not know that Mucuna's hair could cause a dermatological reaction so easily,i thought you had to fiddle a bit with its hair ,rubbing it ,in orfder for it to be so .uuum...offensive! One must be careful of his/hers eyes near that plant!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden