Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

point about John Kerry
    #2997646 - 08/12/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Many of you hate Kerry, because he offers no major issue resolution. Would you like to know why? Bush simply is the most widely debated issue, and simply opposing him is a HUGE boost. Let's say Kerry says he'd have gone to war after much longer, and only if NATO agreed. Well, he has just alienated the many people who think NATO is a bunch of pussies. Let's say he says he would have gone to war faster. Well, he has just alienated another huge amount of people.

The one issue which will hold most voters over is Bush- anything else WILL alienate him.

Why is this like that? Because he's trying to WIN - not be a good candidate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: point about John Kerry [Re: vampirism]
    #2997810 - 08/12/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps, but it's still a horrible strategy. Voters would rather have someone strong in their opinions and beliefs. Bush may be an idiot, but he's very grounded in his beliefs and people know where he stands. Kerry only has the votes of people who don't like Bush mainly. It's not a good strategy at all, he's just lucky in this election because Bush pisses so many people off.

If Kerry was going against a stronger Republican candidate than Bush, he'd probably lose in the blink of an eye. If Bush was going against a more grounded candidate than Kerry, he'd probably lose in the blink of an eye also. They're perfect for each other in their weaknesses

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: point about John Kerry [Re: Ravus]
    #2998782 - 08/13/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

he's just lucky in this election because Bush pisses so many people off.

'lucky'?? that's called creating a strategy to adapt to the circumstances. its a fine strategy that will win him the election in a relative landslide. i'd place $100 on in right now if i could find a place that would take the bet.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: point about John Kerry [Re: Tao]
    #2999220 - 08/13/04 04:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There are plenty of places in Vegas which will accept your bet.

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2999387 - 08/13/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"If Kerry was going against a stronger Republican candidate than Bush, he'd probably lose in the blink of an eye."

He'd use a different strategy if the other president was worth something.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3000559 - 08/13/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
"If Kerry was going against a stronger Republican candidate than Bush, he'd probably lose in the blink of an eye."

So Kerry is just purposely coming off as a shitty politician because he thinks he can? Wow sounds like he would make a great president.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: point about John Kerry [Re: d33p]
    #3000742 - 08/13/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

no, he is running to win. MAny people don't like Bush. If you introduce other opinions as your main thing, you have lost a huge chunk of your largest support - Bush haters ( quite a few of those )

And I suppose Bush made a greater president than your typical politician ( aka Kerry )?

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #3000758 - 08/13/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So he is keeping his true motives and opinion out of the race just so he can steal votes from Bush. Wow sounds like he would make a great president.

Bush and Kerry are both very bad choices. Both suck. Kerry is just a fucking moron who wants to raise my taxes.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: point about John Kerry [Re: d33p]
    #3000927 - 08/13/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

At least Bush has resolve in the War on Terror and you know where he stands. Kerry's first act will be to surrender Iraq to the North Vietnamese.

George Bush was not a serious student. He spent his youth fucking around and doing some drugs. You would think people here could respect that. John Kerry spent his youth as an admitted war criminal. He undermined our troops by personally meeting with the North Vietnamese and the Viet Cong. John Kerry should have been doing drugs.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: point about John Kerry [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3001056 - 08/13/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

His resolve is misplaced, as his administration is incompetant at efficiently ending the War on Terror.

Bush is a preppy daddy's little boy, and I'd rather have Kerry than that shit-for-brains. At least Kerry could act with tact and diplomatically. As much as I hate politicians, I'd rather have a full fledged politician for president than a rich kid who never grew up.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #3001145 - 08/13/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Its going to be 4 years of cleaning up what Bush did anyways, no matter what kerry's resolutions are.
He has been handed down alot of shit that will take a long time to smooth out.

No matter what sort of think tanks you have working ofr you, and no matter what kind of Intel agencies you have, this has never happened before and the U.S. will have to learn as they go.

And like anyone, you sometimes have to slip hard, and fall hard in order to learn.

But this doesnt excuse the way that corruption, greed, and money has caused. And nobody is inocent. They all want a peice of the pie.

I know for sure that there will have to be more of a disaster than 9/11 to change the mindset of that goverment. And its very scary that they dont join the rest of the world, and always expect the rest of the world to join them.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3001912 - 08/13/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:

Then why is he only winning by a few points? The election is very unsure, I doubt this is just Kerry's "strategy" as much as his shitty politics. There is only so much you can do with "Anybody but Bush" before people wonder if you have a personality and opinions or are just an anti-Bush puppet

As for it being a relative landslide? The polls are not even close to showing a relative landslide. If anything, they're showing that Bush and Kerry are just fluctuating a few points, but are mainly tied. Obviously if Kerry wants to win by a landslide he should develope some opinions that the majority will agree with, not waffle on them

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3001932 - 08/13/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

perhaps he will, at the right time. it's still fairly early

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3001946 - 08/13/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Kerry is a liberal who only wants to raise your taxes and let terrorists destroy our cities.

How's that for a vicious partisan attack! hahahah

Edited by outputrotation (08/13/04 06:01 PM)

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3003007 - 08/13/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
I'd rather have a full fledged politician for president than a rich kid who never grew up.

Governor of Texas, President of the United States, he meets the qualifications for being a "full fledged politician". I can't see why you wouldn't think he was a real politician. He certainly spends as much as any politician that I have seen. I think he is a full fledged politician, he just happens to be a lousy politican. He is a great leader though. That is my humble and biased opinion.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: point about John Kerry [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3003051 - 08/14/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lousy politican

Redundancy unneccesary.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: point about John Kerry [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3003167 - 08/14/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Like Bill Hicks said about Bush's father and Reagan. He didn't vote he disagreed with their taxation, it was more to do with them being mass-murderers.

Forget about his "politics" or his "taxation" and think about thousands upon thousands of innocent people laying murdered in Iraq and Afghanistan.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3003599 - 08/14/04 04:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The way I see it Kerry is desperately reaching out to swing voters and other undecided moderates. He knows that he doesn't have to entertain the far left liberals because they're going to vote for Kerry to get Bush out of office anyway. No matter how angry far left liberals get about all of Kerry's war talk, they're gonna vote for him anyway. And they should. Because Kerry is the better of choices. Period. I think John Kerry realizes that pre-9/11 attitudes wont get anyone elected these days into any form of office. I wonder how long the aura will last?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom