Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
new forum request
    #2970823 - 08/06/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think, as do others that we should have a Health and Fitness forum...ive seen people post questions about running, weight training and other things in the pub or otd, usually end up getting buried. i think a large enough portion of the community is health conscious and it would be a success...we have forums for the politics, spirituality, food, art and literature...but not physical well being...of course the forum wouldnt only be about working out here is a quote from felix "a place where we can exchange techniques and variations of exercises. not just for weightlifting, but for yoga people and martial arts too and just overall fitness. any form of exercise and fitness." I suggest the admins seriously think about adding this new forum.
Would you like to see the addition of a Health and Fitness forum?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/06/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: new forum request [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2970853 - 08/06/04 02:02 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
It ain't like that - we just have a shitload of forums, and if we spread ourselves too thin (who's to say what's too thin anyway, but we try :tongue:), then we run the very real risk of attracting a crowd that may lack the focus of our main theme, namely the :mushroom2:.

I agree there are a lot of forums that could be condensed, but at the same time - they do serve a purpose and for the most part all have proven themselves to be active places of discussion.  From time to time I'm sure you've noticed we've combined forums, oftentimes just making room for new forums, but hey we do try to maintain things.  Who knows?..  we may delete the entire Community section of the site next week :wink: <center>

just to adress this...i belive that one of the main things that makes the shroomery different from other mushroom bulletin boards is the community..this board isnt just about the  :mushroom2: but about the pschedelic experience as a whole. if you ever were to delete the community section, traffic would drastically decrease. people come for the  :mushroom2:s and stay for the discussions. we have forums for mind & spirit, but what about the body? i really think this should be seriously considered.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2970863 - 08/06/04 02:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

nicely articulated KotT.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2970940 - 08/06/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i'd like to see reasons for not liking the addition of a new forum. just like any other forum, if you don't like it, don't browse it. just don't spoil other people's fun, because you don't find it interesting.....know what i mean?

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2970948 - 08/06/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's a good idea, and it's very positive.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2971102 - 08/06/04 06:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I recommend the pub, or a different board specialized on health and fitness for these types of topics.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: new forum request [Re: felix]
    #2971104 - 08/06/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>i'd like to see reasons for not liking the addition of a new forum.

There are too many off topic forums there already. No need for yet another one.

If you can't find a forum where you can read and post something you have interests in among the existing 25 forums, you just might be on the wrong Board.

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
    #2971230 - 08/06/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i would like to see even more focus on mushrooms instead

this is after all a mushroom cultivators bulletin board. IMO i dont see how health and fitness fit in anywhere here on shroomery.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2971427 - 08/06/04 09:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I like this idea.  A problem I could see however is people asking for medical advice in a Health and Fitness forum, instead of going to see a professional.  On the other hand, it could be a great place to encourage healthy practices amongst the community.  Yes, this is a psychedelic mushroom site, but everyone knows that healthy body = healthy mind, and what is more relevant to a site like this then a healthy mind? 

Just my two cents!  :smile:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: new forum request [Re: MOTH]
    #2971510 - 08/06/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>but everyone knows that healthy body = healthy mind

Actually this is a common misquote of a passage from a satire from Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis , which goes like "orandum est, ut sit mens sana in corpore sano" and means something like "one would wish that in a healthy body there was also a healthy mind" which is quite the opposite of your statement.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: new forum request [Re: Anno]
    #2971564 - 08/06/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I wasn't quoting anything. In my experience a healthy body equals a healthy mind. You don't have to be an ass about it.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2971749 - 08/06/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hrm, I originally voted no, but after thinking it out my vote needs to be moved to a yes.

If anything, HEALTH relates more to a drug forum way way way way more then a stupid cooking forum does.

And would be a lot better for people, as cooking doesnt help people stay safe, being healty promotes harm reduction and chances to meld common support forum and drug related issues into one.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: new forum request [Re: MOTH]
    #2971766 - 08/06/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ass = part of the body. Ergo, a healthy ass = a healthy mind! :smile:

Anno, actually, what Ellemy said is correct. Medical science has many examples where good physical health has positive consequences on the rest of the human organism; improved immuno-response; mental function, etc. However, that's not to say that "overdoing it" can't lead to just as many problems. It's sort of a balancing act, like most things in life...

However, I'm not really in favor of the idea of yet another forum at this time... Unless it's a Yoga/Tai-Chi forum... :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: new forum request [Re: Papaver]
    #2971887 - 08/06/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

my only real issue is that of harm reduction, whch I am extremly PRO on. I see a health and fitness forum a much more beneficary (fuck my spelling is shit today) thing to have then a science and technology forum for example

or cullinary arts.

basically wanting a new forum seems to require you to be a mod (coughBOOcough<3) to get it pushed through.

a health and fitness forum ties in really really well with the general well being guidelines of the PURPOSE of this site, which is to STOP THE MISINFROMATION translation, harm reduction through education.. etc.

</ramblelikepapaveronlyworsespellingandlessnonsense>

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: new forum request [Re: Papaver]
    #2971928 - 08/06/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>Anno, actually, what Ellemy said is correct.

Papaver, I thought she was quoting the roman poet and wanted to set it straight.
Nothing more. Nothing less.

http://www.green-basketball.de/mens_sana1.htm

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: new forum request [Re: Anno]
    #2971965 - 08/06/04 12:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Okay...I'm really sorry about calling you an ass then. I got defensive, my apologies.

Edited by EllemyshShade (08/06/04 12:38 PM)

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2972007 - 08/06/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is a health and fitness forum at globalhumanrevolution.org/forums :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
Re: new forum request [Re: Barbi]
    #2972019 - 08/06/04 12:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
hrm, I originally voted no, but after thinking it out my vote needs to be moved to a yes.

If anything, HEALTH relates more to a drug forum way way way way more then a stupid cooking forum does.

And would be a lot better for people, as cooking doesnt help people stay safe, being healty promotes harm reduction and chances to meld common support forum and drug related issues into one.

Well first of all I disagree on this beein a drug forum, its a mushroom cultivation forum in my eyes. People also grow edible mushrooms and cooking is a intrest for edible mushroom cultivators just like a ethnobotanical forum is intresting for magic mushroom cultivators.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: new forum request [Re: Mystiq_Shaman]
    #2972032 - 08/06/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

this forum is about a lot more then being some 13 year old teenage growing mushrooms in your parents house.  It always has been. 

Along with mushrooms, comes the semi responsbility of harm reduction for the users, since we all KNOW they are eating, or selling them.. which leads to the OTHER forums we have.

I dont see how it would be a bad thing, as I think it really would cinch up the last bit and probably be the last or semi last logical forum to add for a community this size.

This place is growing every day and adding MORE INFORMATION for people to better themselves, especailly when it involves drugs, mushrooms or not, can not hurt. 

the overhead is little server wise, I know the hardware thats there and how it works.  Modding it would be a whopping 1 or 2 mods im sure for a long long time until it got huge.

the benefits far outweigh any negatives other then anno's blatent negative attitude on it.

:laugh:

<3 anno.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: new forum request [Re: Barbi]
    #2972125 - 08/06/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm... I'm really on the fence with this one. Mnd makes some good points. I do see it as a possibility...

I think if it was broad enough to include a wide range of health related issues: exercise, diet, medical, meditation, yoga, etc, then it might be a good thing.

I just wouldn't want to see it turn into some kind of Muscle Beach freak show where a bunch of hyper-steroidal freaks boast about how much they can bench press... :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale