Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags
    #29677216 -

Hi everyone!
New member here, finally stepping out of lurking mode. Happy to be joining you 🙂

I have two JMF kits in bags, and there are a couple of things I’m unsure about. I’ve attached photos to show what I mean.
Moisture: There seems to be a lot of water inside the bags. Is this amount normal, or could it be a problem?

Space: The substrate blocks are quite large compared with the space above and around them. It looks like the mushrooms would soon touch the sides of the bags. Is that a concern, or am I overestimating how much room they need?
Thanks for taking a look. Still finding my feet here!




Quackonaut 🦆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: Quackonaut]
    #29677388 -

Well it technically means that your grow room (where the bags are) is colder than the humid environment inside the bags

It could be a symptom of bacterial contamination although I dont see any other syptoms of that

I would say to let it run its course, it should be popping out fruits any day now and it is not a problem if the mushrooms touch the sides of the bags :thumbup:

Welcome to the shroomery

:raisemyglass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: langten69]
    #29677408 -

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the welcome!
These bags are new to me, so I’ve probably been staring at them a bit too much 😅 Appreciate you looking at the photos.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: Quackonaut]
    #29677409 -

Of course

Keep us posted

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: langten69]
    #29688100 -

Quick update on these two bags — they’ve progressed a lot since my first post.

Bag #1 is now fruiting well and several of the largest mushrooms have broken their veils, while lots of smaller fruits are still developing.

Bag #2 is much further behind and has one larger fruit plus smaller pins.

I’m now unsure how to handle harvest timing with such an uneven flush. Should I be thinking about the mature fruits separately, or is there usually a point where you harvest the whole first flush together?
I’ll attach current photos of both bags. The condensation is still impressive 😅
Thanks again for the earlier advice — leaving them alone definitely seems to have been the right call so far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: Quackonaut]
    #29690282 -

Quick update on bag #1 — Operation Semi-Harvest happened 😅
I finally opened it and harvested the clearly mature mushrooms, while leaving the smaller fruits/pins on the block to keep going.
The mature ones came to roughly a quarter kilo fresh, which surprised me a bit considering how little I could actually see through the condensation 😂
Everything looked, smelled and felt fresh and healthy when I opened the bag.
What I’m unsure about now is whether leaving the smaller mushrooms behind was the right move.
For an uneven flush like this, do you guys normally:
harvest only the mature fruits and let the smaller ones catch up, or
clear the whole flush once the larger ones are ready?
I’ve got bag #2 coming along much more slowly, so I’d like to know what I should do differently when that one gets there.
I’ll add photos as soon as I defeat the ancient technology involved in uploading pictures to this forum 🫣


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: Quackonaut]
    #29690305 -

I'd have done exactly the same, those "small" ones are still plenty far along, it'd be a shame to cut em. Some big boiz in there!


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First post—questions about moisture and space in grow bags [Re: Quackonaut]
    #29690481 -

It’s just condensation.


--------------------
     
How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Question about Myco Grow Bags wagley 4,526 4 03/11/13 05:19 PM
by seeksadvice
* Another storage question...Silica Gel/Plastic Bag? greenlight 2,463 1 04/28/02 05:40 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* shroom grow bags...sporeworks vs. bluethumbs JonnyOnTheSpot 7,462 3 04/15/02 01:31 PM
by 40oz
* bluethumbs compost grow bags cheesyincident 2,146 2 03/26/02 12:50 AM
by dimitri211
* magic grow bag problems? sockitysock 5,877 5 03/31/02 07:42 AM
by SouthernGent
* Grow Bag Romulusguy 4,261 7 05/20/02 12:09 PM
by ChromeCrow
* Myco vs Magic grow bag SouthernGent 3,943 3 09/14/06 06:02 PM
by allnatural
* Myco Grow Bags with Puerto Rican Spores neversummersux 2,475 1 01/30/02 07:25 PM
by SouthernGent

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
167 topic views. 13 members, 254 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.