Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The Mega-Martha Five Million * 15
    #29676031 -

Work in progress. I need to get better pictures, but I have to clean up the area first. so... it might be a minute. 😆



It's time to tinker again. This time I'm gonna build a Martha. My plan is to incorporate what I've learned standing on these shoulders of giants into a relatively simple and performative greenhouse tent. I want it to be easy to disassemble for cleaning, not require a vent to the outdoors, be easy to tweak cycle timings and just maybe look good doing it.

I'll be changing and tuning this thing forever but it's in a good enough place that I feel confident sharing the build.

I've had some great success with tampanensis in this thing already.



Parts List

    These aren't the exact parts used and are only provided as examples. There are lots of options and many different solutions for all of this stuff.

  • 36"x14"x72" Wire shelf


  • 36"x14"x72" Plastic greenhouse tent.


  • Main fans 2x120mm IP68 water-resistant.


  • Power controller for main fans.


  • Custom waterproof fan cables.


  • 19qt tub with gasket lid


  • Flat corrugated tubes


  • 80mm fan with control IP68 water-resistant.


  • 3 floating foggers.


  • One standard timer. One short interval timer.


  • Water resistant LED lights.


  • Trays


  • Waterproof mat



Tent Layout

I tried a several layouts and settled on main fans up top blowing out and the misters and fresh air intake vents in the bottom.


Main exhaust fans at top, vents resized using plastic/velcro.

Pretty much every layout worked more or less fine. Misters at the top was harder to reach for refills. Fans blowing in at the bottom needed the tent to be well sealed or they would blow some mist out the cracks. Pulling the fresh air up past the misters in the bottom has been the most effective so far.

In the end I chose this way because the parts are installed in cooperative places that make for a very functional and easy to maintain system that complements the natural convection currents that flow through the tent when the main fans are off.


Mr. Mister

The mister is based on common DIY designs. It's a 19qt gasket tub with a pair of ¾" PVC outlets. The 80mm fan is mounted inside the lid and attached using nylon screws and nuts. The flat tubes were a good find, meant for use as a vacuum cleaner attachment so they come with stretchy rubber adapter that made it easy to attach them to the mister. Two tubes run up opposite sides of the tent and have openings on each shelf so the mist is distributed evenly throughout the tent.

















Timers/Cycles



With these two simple timers I am able to schedule hydration/evaporative cycles for the fans and mister.

Edited by Scemilope (09/23/26 02:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #29676034 -

Bookmarked

:takingnotes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: langten69] * 2
    #29676061 -

:chefskiss:

Stellar build Scemi, if I ever move on to a tent this will be the place to start :hatsoff:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29676066 -

Good on ya :yesnod:

The cultivators yearn for the martha


--------------------
𝕴𝖋 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕲𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖘
:drugnerd: TekDeck        Autist Tally :laugh:

"Mother Mycelium, I wandered in the darkness of unmarked plates and forgotten codes. Enlighten me with clarity and discipline, that every jar and dish shall bear its true name."

"Luminous Logos, I faltered in my shorthand faith. Grant me the diligence to record in full, and the foresight to recall every meaning with certainty."

-Father LewDoja

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Tri] * 2
    #29676067 -

It looks freaking awesome! The pic of fruit also looks yummy.

Excellent work!


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 1
    #29676120 -

well done scemi thanks for sharing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Generic] * 1
    #29676126 -

Thanks y'all!
:feelsgoatman:


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Generic] * 2
    #29676127 -

real clean :rockon:


--------------------


.~`  𝔅 𝔞 𝔤 𝔢 𝔩  🥯  𝔅 𝔦 𝔱 𝔢 𝔰  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

🧪 Castellani Preservation | 🔬 The Slidewich | ☠️ Touchless skull sterilizer | 📸 Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Rasmodius] * 3
    #29676135 -

martha mia!
Lookin tasty, hope it facilitates a lot of fun.

And those Tamps, I never tire of.
:dealwithwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Lithop] * 4
    #29676165 -

Omg I guess you can do 10,000 different things to a bicycle but it still works the same and  as long as it gets you there eehh

Cool but way more than you need wich mean more that you need to adjust and its over complicated

My setup up


Edited by 99.99 (09/23/26 11:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: 99.99] * 3
    #29676210 -

:lmafo:
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:thedevil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Lithop] * 2
    #29676217 -

Lithop said:
:lmafo:
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:thedevil:



:whathesaid:

Individual streams of fog for each shelf make me take my panties off.

:pantytail:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Kloakk] * 3
    #29676223 -

I've been debating tent vs dreamer in my head for a long time. Ya'll aren't making it easy with these sexy ass setups


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29676261 -

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: 99.99] * 2
    #29676269 -

99.99 said:
Omg I guess you can do 10,000 different things to a bicycle but it still works the same and  as long as it gets you there eehh

Cool but way more than you need wich mean more that you need to adjust and its over complicated

My setup up





I pick up what you're laying down.
It is a purpose built project. Some of its features are certainly optional.
It looks more complex than it is. The whole thing breaks down/assembles in about 20 min without needing tools.
Now that I built the forced air mist box I don't even use the fans at the top.
15 min intervals was pushing mist out into the room and causing some pooling underneath the tent. So I did get a slightly fancy short interval timer. But mostly I just refill the humidifier every couple days and stare at it while I'm supposed to be working. 😆

The mister box on the other hand, is definitely over engineered. I added a submerged aquarium filter/UV light unit inside of it. 😂


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Scemilope]
    #29676287 -

Where are you guys sourcing your spill trays?

I keep seeing chemical ones but they're like $200 each. Honestly, that's the biggest part that's holding me back.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon] * 2
    #29676297 -

PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
Where are you guys sourcing your spill trays?

I keep seeing chemical ones but they're like $200 each. Honestly, that's the biggest part that's holding me back.



Shoe trays :strokebeard:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Scemilope] * 2
    #29676301 -

Really inspiring post, bookmarked :sunny:


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29676307 -

Kloakk said:
PuffM4gicDr4gon said:
Where are you guys sourcing your spill trays?

I keep seeing chemical ones but they're like $200 each. Honestly, that's the biggest part that's holding me back.



Shoe trays :strokebeard:



Yeppers, shoe tray ftw. Mine was $15.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0GR565ZW8


--------------------
This hobby has taught me many things.
Most of those things are patience.


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery
The Official Shroomery Cultivation Museum
CakeWars
III

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Mega-Martha Five Million [Re: Scemilope] * 1
    #29676321 -

Awesome. This is a really thoughtful set up.

I made a fogger/mister with the same tub set up. I drilled an extra hole in the lid of mine with a cheap black rubber stopper so I can top the water off easier. In mine the fog was getting weaker as the water level dropped so I just keep it pretty full most of the time.


--------------------
what i've been growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses?
( 1 2 all )
RobMarley420 3,709 31 09/07/08 06:37 PM
by BrandNewbie
* martha or greenhouse question chubbmeister 1,181 7 06/25/06 07:14 PM
by chubbmeister
* martha's greenhouse wikedferret 1,468 5 12/25/07 06:57 AM
by MaddenKing081
* Martha style greenhouse humidity question 3nD 5,275 17 01/18/09 11:49 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Martha vs Greenhouse rezin8r 1,456 11 03/29/06 08:11 AM
by Oatman2000
* Martha style greenhouses @ Lowes for $35 cReEp 1nc 3,617 15 02/03/09 05:47 PM
by artizen
* Breathable Martha newmodel 1,831 11 01/17/09 12:31 PM
by newmodel
* Why use the martha? optic 1,563 10 07/03/05 01:05 AM
by HippieChick

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
221 topic views. 10 members, 38 guests and 137 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.