Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread * 5
    #29667421 -

This is a slightly delayed but in progress journey from community sourced bluey vuitton spores (thank you AzureCultivator!) all the way to mushrooms. I like to think of this as this post as both a shroomery glaze fest and also a cool point in my growing journey where I can hopefully complete the whole growth cycle of mushrooms using knowledge from the community as well as shared spores.

8/10:
Filled a tube with water and a drop of tween-20, cut Azure's swab, vortexed, spun down, grabbed supernatant and did a 1:10 3 times for total 4 tubes. Dropped 5ul of each tube into various water agar cups and used a spreader to evenly distribute. I did this because I had water agar I made for another clean-up, and I figured it can't hurt for swab clean-up.



8/14:
We have wispy growth in the neat and 1:10 cups! Cut small wedges and transferred to LME agar to see if they grow. Hoping they're relatively clean since they went to water agar and grabbed em relatively early.




8/21:
More and more transfers means I had to go a lil crazy on plates, just kept cutting from growth I liked the took of at the leading edge.



9/13:
At the third transfer and have two current BV plates that I'm hoping to throw to grain in the near future. Going to do brown rice and quinoa because I bought them to eat forever ago but ended up not loving them, so why not let the mycelium consoom? Tried a prep that seems to be working decent for another grow, but shout to Awfullotofshrooms for some further guidance on how he preps his brown rice.


Edited by Zef (09/13/26 12:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Zef]
    #29667470 -

Your agar collection is impressive:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: langten69]
    #29674991 -

langten69 said:
Your agar collection is impressive:rockon:



I just like to play the numbers game to have way more backups than I'd ever need :crazy2:

9/21:
Rinsed my rice and quinoa and managed to finish the quinoa bag! My pantry is a little more happy with me, I just hope the mushrooms are too. Had decent results with it before, but I hate how small the grains are they fall through most strainers and require cheese cloth :tongue:

Rinsed the grains and then covered in boiling water, tomorrow they'll be drained, dried, and thrown into jars for the agar puppies to start growing. Excited and hopeful, but if it all goes tiddy up that's chill too.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Zef]
    #29675103 -

That's alot of agar :rockon:
Gonna be cool to see your results!


--------------------
I wish you bountiful fruits and godspeed :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Mashedpotatoes]
    #29675132 -

"Spun down".

Why are you centrifuging, what would be in the pellet that you want to avoid?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Podenco]
    #29675601 -

Podenco said:
"Spun down".

Why are you centrifuging, what would be in the pellet that you want to avoid?



Yeah that wasn't the best way of saying it, I just spun down the tubes to remove any fluid from the cap after vortex, and grabbed fluid from the top of the tube. It was just a table top spin, and not intentionally centrifuging to pellet anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Zef] * 1
    #29675927 -

Thanks Zef,

Where I come from we do a lot of spinning to remove insolubles/particles and it might have been that there was something in/on a swab that needed removal. There as nothing I could think of, the spores themselves go into the pellet, why remove cotton fragments, so I had to ask.

I am new to agar work with mushrooms and want to germinate spores on agar. I read around, seeing scraping of spores and first making spore syringes that then go to agar. I don't like either of them much, too tedious, so I wondered why not scrape into a vial and give plates a few drops, without the syringe making. You do that and it works, so I am going to copy your procedure.

P


Edited by Podenco (09/23/26 04:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shroomery BV Spores To Mushroom Grow Thread [Re: Podenco] * 1
    #29678482 -

Dude thank you, I'm a bit of a dumbass, but there's elements of logic mixed in at times.

I think someone who was one of the up and comers when I first joined. Idk if it was ras or someone else, but they made a point about how spores are a numbers game between slow germinating spores and fast growing bacteria. They essentially made the point that you should dilute them and put a small amount on the plate. The thinking is why not have far less growth of everything all together, and then grab your germinating spore growth early and transfer it to a new plate.

It's not fool proof, but when everything is further apart and more separated - my delusional brain says that's easier to isolate.

9/25:
Jars have been prepped, we will have liftoff sometime this weekend. I'm too annoyed to do it today, but hey at least I pressured cooked these things.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* mushrooms growing in cannabis cloning chamber cannabisdreams 1,892 2 07/25/02 03:13 PM
by Killa420
* is it okay to dunk cakes with mushrooms growing? venora 8,105 7 07/10/02 02:09 PM
by Hippie3
* Mushroom grow bags, do they work? dIZZY_ALpH 2,827 2 09/20/02 06:56 AM
by geokills
* First mushroom grow Bugman1234 72 3 09/22/26 08:10 PM
by Nerdo
* The Official Outdoor Grow Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 56 57 )
Stipe-n CapMDiscord 52,569 1,138 09/24/26 07:43 PM
by langten69
* Deleted
( 1 2 all )
Jared 9,924 38 07/15/10 11:00 PM
by RogerRabbit
* supermarket mushroom grow kit CheshirePhat 2,520 5 02/18/02 02:13 PM
by ShroomNewb
* Re: Does anybody know a good mushroom (grow) store in amsterdam? CLuB99 1,420 1 01/05/00 05:43 PM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
134 topic views. 11 members, 161 guests and 136 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.