Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good
    #29653821 -

Ok…2 weeks ago I thought this thing was ready to fruit.  Been misting it, cracking the lid on the Monotub….its also got 4 holes in it with filters, and doing 12 hrs a day LED light.  It hasn’t changed much at all in 2 weeks.  There was a little yellowish watery goo in the one corner of the tub not really directly touching the cake (I sopped that up today).

Does this thing look likes it’s gonna fruit, or not?  It’s penis envy.  I don’t see any heinous contamination….i even see what I think look like baby tiny mushrooms forming but they either stall or kinda disappear and don’t go anywhere. 

Look at these pics please taken just now.








Does this look good? And how much longer shoud it take.  Temp is around 72* and I mist daily.  Should I add a small pc fan?


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29653823 -

youre pinning, bruv


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: fiddle_head] * 2
    #29653825 -

looks dry. I would close up the bag, poke a few tiny tiny holes witha  syringe or scalpel, and fruit it in the bag.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29653848 -

Yep there's pins though surface is defo dry.

Im trash at bags to listen to fiddle or beef they can probably set u right with ease :coolcat:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29654095 -

Surface is dry because he is letting his Dell PC do the FAE for him :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: DigitalBlasphemy]
    #29654213 -

If I close the bag how do I keep it from
Laying on the cake and pressing on the mushrooms?  maybe I try putting the plugs back in the Monotub lid and misting 2-3x a day instead of once.  I could try dropping a saturated sponge in the tub next to the cake too to give off more moisture


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Edited by IIIQuaZIII (08/24/26 12:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29654276 -

You could try taping it to the computer or to the top of the mono to hold it up, or use some chopsticks to prop it up

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29655096 -

There is no computer involved lol.  I build computers and have dozens of small 12v fans that go inside them I was considering using but decided against.

I have it a good misting yesterday and blocked off a couple monotub holes and holy hell I’ll be dipped in shit if I didn’t see my first actual mushroom sprout today!!!  It’s working!!  So happy.  I’ll post pics later of my first mushroom I’m so proud of.  LOL

Thanks to everyone for the advice!  Hopefully they start chain sprouting now.


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29655127 -

Seems like a rescue tek candidate to me.  You matted the surface with incessant drying and misting.  Id be tempted to punish tek and rescue tek.  Id try to get a new surface after your first flush if those pins do anything.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29106914


--------------------
Need a lift?

Edited by BeefExtreme (08/25/26 05:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29655229 -







You may look at this and think “wow that sucks” but I am joyous.  Really my first real time doing this and my first attempt failed completely. I am overjoyed I have a few mushrooms growing!  Hopefully more sprout up but I can now say I have actual mushrooms growing!!!!  Just a spore syringe and and a grow bag.  No agar or pressure cooker… I’m feeling kinda high on life right now that I managed anything even moderately successful.


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Edited by IIIQuaZIII (08/25/26 08:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29655261 -

Yeah what Beef said, punish that cake!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: Bigworm]
    #29655378 -

No were happy for ya bud.  We just wanna see you do
Even better. 

Harvest this flush then punish it.  This time, we need to talk about your tub settings.  Gotta get u into a water tub. You shouldnt have to mist and mess with it like that.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29655578 -

So by punishing it, you mean scrape off the surface and rinse it down in the sink?  I was doing some searches on what you mean by that and that’s what I gathered….

Also what do you mean water tub?  Like fill the bottom
Of the tub with water?

Also is this whole big white white thing part of the mushroom the big bottom bowling pin part of the mushroom that I need to harvest?  What’s the best way to harvest it?  Pick it off by hand or use scissors or a razor blade?  How will I know when these are ready to harvest?  I seem to have had a few more pop up!



--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Edited by IIIQuaZIII (08/26/26 02:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29655634 -

Congrats on getting some shrooms! It's not easy to do so when it happens we are all happy for you.
Yes. You punish a cake by scraping off the surface. If you read the link Beef supplied earlier it is pretty straight forward. Don't scrape it too bad or rinse it so it falls apart but you want to remove the surface mycelium which is matted down and not allowing for proper surface conditions. 
The mushroom is the dark cap and the stem leading up to the surface of the cake. Wait for the cap to open and the stem gets a little soft like a marshmallow. Or you can pull it when you want. It's your mushroom.
I usually just grab and twist them to snap them off as close to the surface as possible, or I use scissors to cut them at the base as close as possible. Leaving a stump isn't pretty but it's ok and will be reclaimed by the mycelium in time.
Now that standing water you have in the bottom of the bag does not look good. It's not good to have your cake sitting in it either. Try the humidity tub Beef has in that link as well, or try a perlite growing chamber, or a water tub here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #29655649 -

Ok so I can put the cake up on a raised grate and put some water in the bottom of the tub…. Sounds easy


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29655651 -

Yep majetas water tub tek is super easy 🥳:coolcat:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29655742 -

You don't need to scrape anything.  Just use the sink sprayer and blast the surface and you'll find that it roughs it up just enough to think twice about not paying you what it owes again.



--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29656259 -

Beef, after I spray the shit out of it (water log it? Or just blast the surface quickly?) do I then re-coat it in something like perlite or coir?  Or just blast it off and leave it be and put it back in the water tub?  I misted it REALLY heavy about an hour ago….waiting to see if I get any more sprouts or growth out of the dozen shrooms I got growing before I do anything.  I got like 3 pretty big ones the other 9 are pretty shrimpy.


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: IIIQuaZIII]
    #29656307 -

Ya id roll it in coir


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ok, WTF is going on here? I thought this was looking good [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29656392 -

Well I’m harvesting what I got this weekend and testing it out while the wife is at work and the kids are gone.  We’ll see what I grew, and if I can get high on my own supply. After I harvest and eat, I will reset the tub.  I will pull out the cake scratch up the outside, blast it with water in the sink, pull the bag out of the tub and make a water tub with water in the bottom and the cake on an elevated grate, and maybe roll the cake in perlite (which is what I have) after I’ve water blasted it.

Seem like a solid plan?  Seems so to me.  I’ll give the tub a good cleaning too before I put it all back in…. Then see what happens, again.


--------------------
Thanks shroomers!
-QuaZ-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* WTF is this? Wierd Growth (PIC) UPDATE May 04, 2006 fungus_among_us 1,987 7 05/01/06 07:52 PM
by fungus_among_us
* SA's 3oz dry pics, and a small update, 2nd flush update.
( 1 2 all )
Eraserhead 8,434 33 01/19/07 09:07 AM
by Eraserhead
* Bulbous Growth... WTF? (pics) Mig 1,673 8 01/15/05 02:23 PM
by midway
* Ahhh its been 2+ weeks, wtf! *update* adamj 899 9 06/29/04 07:29 PM
by adamj
* Cubensis Pf-tek and casings; Growlog with updates and pics
( 1 2 all )
FiReFlY 11,342 29 11/17/10 06:58 PM
by HybridprX
* WTF!?! Why aren't my PF Jars working!? bradtaylor 1,644 13 11/14/05 01:01 PM
by ZeroArmy27
* Nice pinset , thats about it though?? "Updated Pic's!" wicish1 3,576 14 04/22/04 01:24 PM
by soochi
* New guy...WTF is this? funguschamber 886 14 03/14/07 11:35 PM
by Optx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,098 topic views. 17 members, 153 guests and 196 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.