Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinesoShroomHungry
Stranger

mescaline first trip tips
    #2960165 - 08/03/04 02:52 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i have skinned, blended, and cooked 26 inches of san pedro for a friend and myself. i have an open flame stove so i cooked it on medium/low for about two hours with six lemons juiced into the mix *to speed up the exctraction process*I then strained and squeezed the pulp of all its juice and put the remaining fluid on simmer for around an hour or two, which greatly reduced the 'juice'. i have never taken mescaline, if i split this dose with someone, around what level trip should be expected? *and if it sounds incorrectly prepared ...tell me!*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: mescaline first trip tips [Re: soShroomHungry]
    #2961563 - 08/03/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well, it is hard to estimate, but I would say if it is San Pedro and not Peruvian Torch 13 inches a piece should be around an upper level 2, maybe 3. Mescaline content in cactus can be very inconsistant. It could fairly low, and possibly very high, but on average that would seem to be a medium/medium-low dose. Check out the trip reports on erowid, alot of those people measured their doses in inches.

Remember, boil down as much as you can so you don't have much to drink. My buddies and I had to drink almost two tall glasses of the stuff(yuck)! When I heard people on this board boiling it down to a shotglass size amount I felt really silly.

BTW, in relation to your other post: if you have been having problems with depression in the last week or two it would be wise not to trip. But if you choose to mescaline is probobly one of the better substances. That said it is very important that you prepare adequetly and get yourself into the right mindset. Make sure nothing negative is lingering in your mind, make a conscious decision to reject all negative thoughts and spend time meditating on positive ones. Make sure you have something good and pure in your heart, and a sincere purposeful goal for the trip. You want to have a reverent but lighthearted attitude, be focused on love and peace, but also don't take things too seriously. And have fun. This applies esp. to any negative thoughts: before they can build up momentum remember not to take them seriously and choose happy thoughts instead. Relax and enjoy the few hours you are privelaged to experience this plant.
Once the trip kicks in if you should feel duanted by the length of the trip remember that it really won't last forever, and in light of that make the most of it. Keep yourself busy and don't let yourself worry about things and the trip will won't seem that long at all.

Also, if possible have 250 mg of niacin and maybe a benzo like Xanax or Valium on hand in case things get ugly. Which they shouldn't.
Cheers!

Anonymous

Re: mescaline first trip tips [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2961640 - 08/03/04 09:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

make a conscious decision to reject all negative thoughts and spend time meditating on positive ones. Make sure you have something good and pure in your heart, and a sincere purposeful goal for the trip. You want to have a reverent but lighthearted attitude, be focused on love and peace, but also don't take things too seriously. And have fun

:thumbup: :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience