Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 855 | 856 | 857 | 858 | 859 | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | 864 | 865 | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | | Last >
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 1
    #29366887 -

PhenoDreamers said:
Mulch colonizes fast and aggressively. You're perfectly fine using mulch. I used mixed hardwood mulch for nearly everything in section cyanescens. With being in Wisconsin, it probably consists of a lot of oak and maple. You don't need to be specific on the type of wood just get hardwood. Avoid antifungal woods like cypress and cedar



Right on, thanks dude. Im gonna stop by this mulching business and see if they have anything I could use. Much appreciated!

@Mack - I'm sorry I missed your boner joke. I read it too fast. 🤣


--------------------


Hitchhikers Guide to The Shroomery

Shine on forever, shine on benevolent son
Shine down upon the severed
Shine until the two become one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: ThurmanMurman] * 2
    #29366917 -

Just make sure it isn't treated with anything. Pesticides, fungicides, etc. Its unlikely but better to ask than not

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 1
    #29367377 -

Yeah just miss the gums and resins that inhibit fungal growth and feed them whatever consists of lignin. They also really like cellulose (straw, paper) but don't seem to fruit off of it. That is to say mine wouldn't do it.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 1
    #29367386 -

Mine have been colonizing local softwoods but are established. They hated being bulked up on it. I really need to track down aztecorum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: rockyfungus] * 6
    #29367392 -

Mine happily ate pallets (from Pinus sp), but the harvest wasn't anything special.

Thurm, if you get the chance, collect some stuff where a tree was removed and a stump grinder was used. It's wood, hammered to pulp and threads. Fibery and airy. Ferment that shit, every wl species I've grown goes bananas for it. Here's indoor alleni giving it the business



Edit: yes I'm trying to grow moss in there. Herme5 showed me the way with that. But apparently moss doesn't like living in my shower haha.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Edited by Churpee Choozle (10/08/25 12:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 11
    #29367403 -

Ps. Cyanescens




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bra] * 12
    #29368358 -

Very nice Bra!


This subaer bed produced three shrooms on flush one, but it's gearing up for a better second flush


Cyans pinning


The bed next to it started way earlier


Azures pinning


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 12
    #29368367 -

Very nice Churpee Choozle! I love how wavy they are, and the color is exactly the same as the leaves.

Ps. cyanescens is growing up faster now. I hope to print them. :print::mushroom2:







Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bra] * 19
    #29368388 -

Nice work guys!


Psilocybe Subaeruginosa type 1


Psilocybe Subaeruginosa type 2


Psilocybe Subaeruginascens


Psilocybe Subsecotioides pins


Psilocybe Cyanescens


Psilocybe Azurescens pins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Tweeq] * 10
    #29368389 -

Killing it Tweeq! Awesome!
Pic tax: I just discovered there's also subaeruginosa pinning in a flowerpot.
:yes:



--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Tweeq]
    #29368449 -

:ohyeah: that’s F’n AWESOME!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop] * 16
    #29369118 -

Ovoid flowerpot is poppin’ off.  This may actually be Psilocybe "sp-CA03”(sequencing pending).  Fun fact:  this culture sat for 7 years at room temperature in dH2O, before going straight to grain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: elpico] * 15
    #29369264 -

Ps. cyanescens keep growing.







Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Bra] * 5
    #29369299 -

Those are about to drop spores, see the gills darkening?

I am really happy with my flowerpot subaers, feels like Santa just gave me a boob shaped pillow. Looking back in my notes, I discovered these are from the agar / LC straight to chips experiments. So these are wedge --> sterilized chips --> untreated chips. I made a few patches in a friend's garden with ovoids, IWL and subaers with the rest of the experimental jars, need to check those in the near future.



--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: elpico]
    #29369342 -

Yeah these are very unusual 🤔 would love a trade if you're open to that? Would also love to scope a gill frag

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: rockyfungus] * 7
    #29369754 -

rockyfungus said:
I really need to track down aztecorum.



Shoot me a DM.
:solidnod:


Psilocybe aztecorum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: the_chosen_one]
    #29369777 -

Damm your cyanescens popping


--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: smalltalk_canceled] * 10
    #29370312 -

first pin of the season in my yard.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Blopblop] * 1
    #29370323 -

Fuck yeah!!


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown 2025-26
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Official Woodlovers Thread [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 9
    #29370362 -

Good news, my Ps. cyanescens 'Ballard' outdoor patch is pinning.
I have zero experience with woodlovers yet.
Is there a rule of thumb then to take prints?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 855 | 856 | 857 | 858 | 859 | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | 864 | 865 | 866 | 867 | 868 | 869 | 870 | 871 | 872 | 873 | 874 | 875 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The OFFICIAL RealityGlitch appreciation thread
( 1 2 all )
BeefExtreme 318 22 10/05/26 03:30 PM
by RealityGlitch
* cultivation of a woodlover classified as.... other buggers 2,045 7 08/24/05 08:52 PM
by mskip23
* woodlovers 123dhs 1,501 3 05/23/04 06:50 PM
by micro
* Woodlovers?! Myc0Maniac 1,810 17 12/07/05 11:04 PM
by Psychoslut
* Woodlovers MushroomFriend 1,763 14 03/06/05 01:06 PM
by Roadkill
* Woodlover cultivation question tryptonite 2,511 7 07/10/04 05:27 AM
by Ice House Shaman
* best available wood for woodlovers ? beav 3,078 5 01/30/05 10:04 PM
by beav
* Azures-Woodlovers - How cold is to cold IGnosticAbhorI 696 4 07/03/05 11:24 PM
by ultralight

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
627,275 topic views. 24 members, 130 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.017 seconds on 16 queries.