Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure?
    #293306 - 04/14/01 11:04 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Doesn't it already come composted though?
The shit I have here says 'composted'
it's 'GREENSMIX' ...'COMPOSTED STEER MANURE'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? *DELETED*
    #293404 - 04/15/01 01:56 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybe cubensis

OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #293416 - 04/15/01 02:21 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Anything you get in a bag at the garden center is already composted, or else they couldn't/ wouldn't sell it. "Raw" manure is considered a health hazzard due to the high bacteria content [e. coli and such], it would also make the place smell like a barnyard. I use a brand of cow poo "labeled" organic for whatever good that does, it gets mixed 50/50 with verm and PC'd for an hour [love that smell] in old coffee cans with tin foil lids. Have had good luck using it as a casing, but not as a substrate.

Only bad things I've found in this brand are a bunch of rocks and the odd chunk of clay dirt.

Anonymous

Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: Shroomzilla]
    #293421 - 04/15/01 02:39 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Actually Zilla', from the post 'steer manure' in advanced.... I am getting AMAZIING growth so far.......... but with this experiment, I really used 2 types of dung, the first was the 'greensmix', the 2nd was 'homestead' dung, which is the bag of shit that comes with the homestead kit. The homestead shit took off like mad, the greensmix is slower BUT it IS colonizing :). I am pretty excited about this so far, I can't wait to see what kind of yield they produce...
for anyone else wondering, this was 60%seed mix, mixed with 40% manure ratio.... in half pints, pc'd then innoculated.

topic - 'steer manure' in advanced

And yes, the shit smells dandy fresh out of the PC..................................... MMMMMmm MMMmm

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure?
    #293460 - 04/15/01 06:48 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Holo-

Then if my friend is going to case with the baked verm layer on the bottom and then the sliced colonized cakes filled in with crumbled cakes and then a worm casing/compost layer with coconut fiber on top (long preamble or this that pre-ramble) should he mix the colonized substrate in the compost rather than layering? And also should the coir go on top right away or wait until the compost begins colonizing?

I'm goin' straight to hell, just like my Mama said.

--------------------
Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: greymule]
    #293463 - 04/15/01 07:21 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

you should crumbl all the cakes to inoculate bulk substrate. Crumble the colonized cakes and mix them with the pasturized compost. Allow the compost to fully colonize in the dark at room temp. once it is colonized, case it with a 3/4 inch layer of core. Keep the casing covered with syrane wrap with a few holes punched in it, and allow the casing to colonize in the dark. once 50-90% of the casing surface has been colonized it is time to initiate primordia formation. remove the shrink wrap, and place the casing in a humid terrarium. expose the casing to indirect sunlight and let nature do its thing. pins will form and mushrooms will grow, all you have to do is keep humidity up, fresh air plentiful and temperature mild.

Offlinegreymule
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: holographic mind]
    #293469 - 04/15/01 07:32 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info. When the colonized substrate is mixed with the compost, that should be kept at room temp? Should the fruiting container be covered while the compost is being colonized? And it should NOT be kept in a tubby, just in the closet with a HEPA running 24/7? Any additional humidification required? How wet should the compost be and the coir be? Vermiculite mixed with the compost? Thanks for your kind tutoring. Sometimes I think I should be in special ed.

I'm goin' straight to hell, just like my Mama said.

--------------------
Them not busy bein' born are busy dyin'.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: greymule]
    #293480 - 04/15/01 08:04 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Pasturize it in a hot water bath. Inoculate it after it has drain, cover it with shrink wrap and let it fully colonize. Once colonized case it and replace shrink wrap. Just moisten the coir. The shrink wrap will hold in the moisture and build of co2 between the casing and plastic, preventing the mycelium from pinning prematurely. once the casing is colonized, initiate pinning by removing the shrink wrap, placing the cased tray in a humid terrarium, supplying ample fresh air and kepping temp mild. if the compost contains more than 30% worm castings then ammend with verm prior to pasturization.

OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
Re: Anyone have experience with commercial manure? [Re: holographic mind]
    #293655 - 04/15/01 02:07 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

PF Hawaiian don't seem to like it too well broken up. I just plant the whole cakes in it and they do fine. EQ's, on the other hand, take off like mad. Two 1/2 pint cakes cut in thirds placed on top of 3/4" verm then "cased" in 50/50 cow poo verm. Placed back in the incubator [dark, 85 deg] mycelia poked through after only 3-4 days, completely colonized top layer about 5-6 days after first mycelia poked through, very heavy pinning within 2 more days then about 36 started to develop, of those 28 matured. Total of 89g wet from first flush.

]

Edited by Shroomzilla on 04/15/01 04:13 PM.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract