Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Commercial Mushroom Compost
    #1556386 - 05/17/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone know of any services that sell ready to use mushroom compost? I've tried web searches and local garden supply stores, but I'm only able to find spent mushroom compost.

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost *DELETED* [Re: Ainasko]
    #1556748 - 05/17/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Demiurge

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: Demiurge]
    #1556766 - 05/17/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think the feds would monitor who buys compost, its easy enough to make yourself....

All sorts of mycologists and related websites sell ready to use mushroom compost....6T sells it actually, if im not mistaken.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost *DELETED* [Re: PDU]
    #1557178 - 05/17/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by Demiurge

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: Demiurge]
    #1557240 - 05/18/03 12:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, here's an interesting site about composting: http://www.prairiemushrooms.com/tour/

I know ive seen bags of mushroom compost on mycology websites for sale, but right now any search i do seems to turn up empty. It is available, i know that.
6Tango sells it doesnt he?

But your right, you cant buy it in a gardening store or whatever...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineWahoo
Cap'n
Loc: right behind you
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: PDU]
    #1557301 - 05/18/03 01:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Doesn't seem to difficult to find really. Search a little harder. Mushroom People and High Mountain Compost both sell compost. Neither place mentions it having been used to grow mushrooms prior to being packaged and sold. Other non-magic mushroom related sites sell it as well. To think that the feds are watching the sale of "mushroom compost" is beyond paranoid once you consider they make no effort at all to control the sale of "mushroom compost" precursors: wheat straw and manure.

Rumor has it that 6T does indeed sell some kick-butt compost, however ordering info is missing from his web site. I _think_ this is his site, correct me if I'm wrong... Mycota Pro

note: HMC's server doesn't seem to be responding at the moment, but I know I've pulled it up recently.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: Wahoo]
    #1557309 - 05/18/03 01:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

See! I knew High Mountain Compost...but the site wasnt working. Gah! I went through the shroomery vendors and couldnt find any that had it, but half the sites were down anyways.
Anyways, thank you wahoo (i dig your avatar by the way)
Id like to know wether the compost being monitored is urban myth or fact!

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: PDU]
    #1557504 - 05/18/03 09:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the help everyone. I tried High Mountain Compost, but their site seems to be dead at the moment.

Regarding there being regulations on commercial mushroom compost, I think this may be a rumor of paranoia.

Has anyone ever had to give personal info when buying a water pipe? Other than signing a waiver and proof of age, I doubt ther has been much issue involved.

If the feds really kept that close an eye on illegal mushroom cultivation, it would be concentrated on the spore trade, not the growing supply trade. Spores and supplies are legal. Let's hope that never changes.

It's ok to be cautious. Just don't be stupid and get caught.

--------------------

OfflineWahoo
Cap'n
Loc: right behind you
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: Ainasko]
    #1557955 - 05/18/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It appears High Mountain Compost's new, more spartan site is up now. As I recall it used to have some pictures of rainbows and other stuff, now its pretty much a no-nonsense order form and brief description. According to the site, the compost is sold at $3.50 a pound in 5lb and 10lb bags. Price includes shipping and compost is shipped pre-pasteurized in filter-patch bags, which is insanely convenient, I would think. I recently pasteurized a pound of oat, wheat, and barley straw mix and it stunk up my apartment for 3 days, I can only imagine what it would be like to pasteurize poo in my small-ass apartment. Payments by cash or money order only. There ya go.

I, personally, have never purchased compost. Is $3.50/lb a little pricey? Considering a 10lb bag of compost would be $35 and you can get a 10lb bag of rye from Lana for less than half that price (12.95 + shipping, ok, probably a few bucks more than half after shipping), that makes the compost seem a little high in price. Is compost that much better than casing straight rye? I'm willing to get a 5lb bag and find out myself.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
Re: Commercial Mushroom Compost [Re: Wahoo]
    #1558070 - 05/18/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Is $3.50/lb a little pricey? Considering a 10lb bag of compost would be $35...

Yeah, that is a bit expensve, but some are willing to pay for the convenience. I'm willing to pay for convenience, but not that much. The shipping for that much weight would cancel any cost of convenience for me.

I'll check out the site you mentioned too. Thanks so much.

--------------------

Offlinespiritshaper
^_^

Loc: Lost in Space
Re: MycotaPro vs. High Mountain Compost [Re: Ainasko]
    #1615627 - 06/06/03 08:14 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i've read alot of good stuff about both MycotaPro and Highmountain Compost, a few mods and advanced growers have used these with good results and i was wondering whinch brand you guys prefer.

my boss at work has access to fresh cow and horse poo but he doesn't want to prepare it so he thinks these products would be sweet.

any replies would be appericated.

--------------------
----------------------------------

Brilliant ideas, like truffles, are rare, and only possible, given special conditions.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale