Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 |
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: cybesa]
    #29129742 -

Poison Hemlock took over at my old place.

Done high jacking thread now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: NothingsChanged] * 3
    #29130163 -

Pretty amazing how fast it's going through this wood! Roomtemp has been between 18°C / 21°C.



Top layer needs regular mistings bc I just sprinkled it on top.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Tweeq] * 1
    #29130168 -

It is pretty fast huh? My 1:5 - 1:8 tubs were all 90-95% colonized in 7-8 days. The cyans and azures never did it that fast.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 2
    #29133466 -

I've gone back to spore with my first ever poured plates! Also first time using pre-sterilized plastic petris: I started with glass no pours! :laugh:

This new agar recipe has antibiotics, so it should hopefully help with my bacteria issues I experience with this IWL!


--------------------
Be yourself. Don't hurt other beings, or expect hurt yourself. Love others, and expect love yourself.

Cybesa's Ultimate woodlover project



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: cybesa] * 4
    #29135202 -

It's been two months since spawning my first indoor shoebox: nothing. Outdoors the mycelium is killing it. The outdoors 'mini grow house' thing is still indoors and killing it.
I mean that's gonna pop outside.

Thinking of using the indoor attempts as spawn for beds, wait for fruits, then try again with a clone.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 1
    #29135217 -

Churpee Choozle said:
It's been two months since spawning my first indoor shoebox: nothing. Outdoors the mycelium is killing it. The outdoors 'mini grow house' thing is still indoors and killing it.
I mean that's gonna pop outside.

Thinking of using the indoor attempts as spawn for beds, wait for fruits, then try again with a clone.



I would certainly not give up yet on that sub fruiting in the shoebox at this point.
Did you soak the sub yet? By soaking it I got pins in my mono last year within a week. and that was also after a few months too iirc. But it's got to have lots of water (and fae) if you want to trigger pins.



My current mono has been colonizing for 3 weeks. I'll probably give it 3 more and then soak and then hook it up to an automated fog/fae setup I built and desperately want to try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Tweeq]
    #29135258 -

It's actually four boxes. I've noticed the mycelium behaves more agressively outdoors and in the pictured tub. Actually the genetic selection made after the first spawn round (that produced the four shoeboxes) seems to perform better... So those boxes should go outside IMO


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 8
    #29142251 -



Some knotting


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 3
    #29142424 -



Finally getting some good growth on this newest round of jars - a little slow but I expected that.  Jars with hwfp in my first round of experiments went slower than the other mixes.  Would have really liked to use my composted conifer mulch in this run since it colonized the fastest, but that's still currently a block of ice under 2 feet of snow...

Going to do a break n' shake to redistribute mycelium throughout jars, then hopefully it'll be ready to spawn in two-ish weeks.


--------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Carnonos]
    #29142496 -

What was it that destroyed your last grow? Really curious because they seem so contam proof.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 5
    #29142514 -

Almost fully colonized.



Another week, maybe 2 and then I'll try to induce pins with extra water and fae/fog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Tweeq] * 2
    #29142532 -

Exciting!
I am soaking the hell out of them. I didn't trust the first thing that looked like a knot. Pinched it. Turned blue. Now it's knotting some more and I'm super stoked.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 1
    #29142546 -

Churpee Choozle said:
Exciting!
I am soaking the hell out of them. I didn't trust the first thing that looked like a knot. Pinched it. Turned blue. Now it's knotting some more and I'm super stoked.



Yeah right about now is when the exciting stuff is going to start happening! Good times

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 2
    #29142548 -

Churpee Choozle said:
What was it that destroyed your last grow? Really curious because they seem so contam proof.



Life got in the way + rushed/sloppy work + left them too long + micropore tape + bad filter on my hepa unit.  Corrected all those, especially the rushed work, micropore tape and hepa filter.

Lost a dozen grows over the course of a month - learned a very important lesson the hard way.


--------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Carnonos] * 1
    #29142687 -

Looking good Fellas! My own mono ended up going outside in a new planter. It didn’t contaminate or anything, I just wasn’t sure it would fruit. I gave it 3 months and 2 soakings. I’m gearing up now for a large outdoor patch.


--------------------
. 

Down with O.P.P.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Blopblop] * 4
    #29142705 -

Nice work everyone :smile: looking forward to seeing how it keeps unfolding


Just split the chip yard into a couple sections using bricks to keep the IWL and Cyans from running into each other super hard.  This section up to the gate will be IWL 

Currently expanding my IWL master jars and will mix about 5 gallon of spawn into the bed once it’s ready.  Feeling really amped up about it


--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand


Edited by Psicomb (03/01/25 04:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Carnonos] * 1
    #29142742 -

Ouch, that sounds like a hard lesson indeed. Best of luck with this one!


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 4
    #29144761 -

Ooh, the waiting
It took SO LONG.






My camera has trouble with focussing, but new knots pop up every day now.


--------------------
Also I tooted churp for being a lowbrow puppet, it's so obvious.
I also added them both to my nazi watchlist in my journal, so we can watch them

-Jean-Luc Picard


Species grown so far
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/29367720#29367720

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 2
    #29144818 -

The new MS plates on the new Antibiotic agar plates have germinated in record time and seem super clean!

I have also found that my first ever Agar plate I've made which I inoced with IWL back in December has actually germinated long since too and had the cleanest grow of all!! After months, the IWL mycelium in that plate showed no bacterial contamination like my previous IWL plates!

I have done a transfer from that 2024. December clean IWL plate and its expanded since!
Here is what those T2s and Multispores look like! This antibiotic agar is really nice! :grin:






--------------------
Be yourself. Don't hurt other beings, or expect hurt yourself. Love others, and expect love yourself.

Cybesa's Ultimate woodlover project



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: India Woodlover introduction and growalong! [Re: cybesa] * 4
    #29156597 -



It's Go Time...  Took no chances with this batch, did all work in sab:





All three jars were broken up with a sterilized steel spoon and placed into a glass container that had been sanitized with a 50ppm iodine solution.  Lightly compress with back of spoon and topped with a thin (approx 5-7mm) layer of mixed composted hardwood and conifer chips that had been boiled for 30 min. to hydrate/sanitize, then sterilized in pc overnight - hoping this simulates outdoor chip bed/forest leaf litter conditions to create microclimate for pinning  Going to let this consolidate for a week to 10 days @ 75-80F (approx 24-26C) then I'll move to fruiting condition with a bubbler and/or fogger set-up.



--------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.  - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 |

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* AT’s woodlover outdoor survival TEK Austrip 11,814 8 02/11/22 03:14 PM
by Surgeon
* Woodlover fruiting advice needed olive 2,267 6 12/27/11 09:18 PM
by Javadog
* P subaeruginosa discussion psylosymonreturns 824 6 03/28/13 10:35 AM
by psylosymonreturns
* P. Subaeruginosa tek, information and thread collection sonicnature 7,312 4 11/21/14 10:55 PM
by PsiloPsychIn
* Subaeruginosa/ Woodlovers- Outdoor grow Austrip 2,446 3 08/17/10 07:16 AM
by WALKIE
* Growing Psilocybe Subaeruginosa ijst8u 4,150 15 06/07/13 01:10 AM
by itsaconspiracy
* psilocybe subaeruginosa grow attempt
( 1 2 all )
Sexycybe 7,239 23 06/21/11 02:39 AM
by Sexycybe
* Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, Outdoor Cultivation.............
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
olive 55,431 269 07/20/21 10:00 AM
by captmorgs

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
18,208 topic views. 14 members, 250 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.