Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Humidifier Trouble...HELP!
    #2913429 -

Alright, I've got 4 PF Tek cakes in my strofoam cooler terrarium. I've also got a brand new Holmes Ultrasonic Humidifier and (3) 1 gallon plastic bottles all connected using vinyl tubing. I've had the cakes in there since yesterday and today I noticed that the humidifer has been stopping because I will look at my digi hygrometer and it will say like 67%. I know that it isnt water clogging the tubings because there arent any low points where condensation could build up and I just take the tube out of the first bottle (the one coming from the humidifier) and there isnt any mist coming out of it. After a couple of knocks on top of the humidifier it begins to work again only for a couple of minutes and then it stops. WHATS WRONG???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humidifier Trouble...HELP! [Re: ]
    #2913474 -

Why are you using a humidifier with PF Cakes??? Just use perlite. It's cheaper and will give you the humidity that you want. Use humidifiers with casings.


--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humidifier Trouble...HELP! [Re: ]
    #2913482 -

not sure, but the resonator or whatever its called could be defective, i hear its not an uncommon problem. If it is youll be buying a new humidifier....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Humidifier Trouble...HELP! [Re: ]
    #2913546 -

I'm going to take the pictures in a couple of minutes, but i took the top off and the humifier works perfect, but when i put the cap on that is sealed with glue and the tubing, it blows mist out of the tube for like 30 seconds, then stops. I take the top off and a lot of mist will come out and keep coming out so its not broken, its just stops going through the tube and i have no clue why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Mushroom-Hut Shop: Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* cool mist humidifying trouble - too dry - help! Torey 2,226 4 01/09/04 04:48 AM
by Magash
* More humidifier troubles. Jemini 969 6 11/08/03 09:24 PM
by Magash
* humidifier WorkYou 673 5 01/07/05 08:36 AM
by floydguitar
* Perlite Vs. Ultra-Sonic Humidification FattyMcFatFat 2,430 3 12/07/01 03:11 AM
by TeRzMaStA
* Humidification vs. FAE 81Renaissance 948 2 11/17/06 02:33 PM
by 81Renaissance
* conflicting info about cool mist humidification. Anonymous 9,228 12 04/07/04 10:09 AM
by speedeegee
* ShroomGods humidifier tek lysergic 3,020 10 06/19/03 04:21 PM
by kukusz
* Humidification problems Dr_Nick_Riviera 975 10 09/01/04 06:38 PM
by Dr_Nick_Riviera

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
651 topic views. 14 members, 168 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.