Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
What the rain brought out
    #2911012 - 07/21/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hola shroomers

Had a few days of rain lately in an otherwise dry summer for the mountains so I decided to make a couple stops on the way to seattle today and see what was around.  not much growth out yet, still need a few more good rains to soak everything before most things start to come up.  But there were a few mushrooms out and some other stuff, so I took some pics and figured I'd post em, forgive the lack of mushrooms :wink:

my reason for checking the area out in the first place, Laetiporus gilbertsonii/sulphureus/conifericola, just barely starting to fruit off of a log where I found some large bleached white ones from last year :smile:

saw a few of these rather large boletes

dunno bout this one

an amanita pin trying to pop up

a pretty cool looking slime mold, never seen one like this

with flash

some smaller ones down the log further

a different slime mold, starting to dry out

a picture of what I think is some type of pinesap or indian pipe that would have been nice if the damn camera would have focused properly :frown:

just a pic of the area, everything was found back in the pines on the valley floor

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: What the rain brought out [Re: spores]
    #2911032 - 07/21/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Aaesome pix DH.

I have a stupid question.

Most pictures I take are a very large file size, and I'm only allowed to upload 200k. How do you reduce the file size to post these cool photos?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2911033 - 07/21/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The one you don't know about looks alot like Bog Conocybe oror conocybe smithii. My book says it's hallucinogenic with caution. It has a cinnimon brown spore print.

Great pics!

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Re: What the rain brought out [Re: shroomydan]
    #2911035 - 07/21/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You need to crop and/or compress them with Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or some other photo editing/compression program.

DH

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2911076 - 07/21/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

quite nice. i am waiting to go out and reap the benefits of my rescent rain aswell. almost everything i found on my hunt the other day was from the rain before that.

will you return to that Laetiporus at a later date? i would love to see pics.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: What the rain brought out [Re: canid]
    #2911079 - 07/21/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

nice closeups

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Re: What the rain brought out [Re: canid]
    #2911090 - 07/21/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I'm definitely stopping by there next time I head back over the pass, but I don't know if that one will make it. we're supposed to have some really hot weather coming up this week, so what's there now will probably dry out and die until it cools down and rains again. I'll definitely post pics if I find a nice fruiting though, there's a couple good sized logs right next to each other that they fruit from at that site.

DH

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2911224 - 07/21/04 02:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice hunt DH. Kudos to you and have a great shroomy time.

m,j

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2911289 - 07/21/04 03:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice Laetiporus...
The slime molds rock...
As always nice photos DH...
Thanks for sharing Nofindum.....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
    #2911914 - 07/21/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

thats def an indian pipe not to many saprophytic plants good find

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2912110 - 07/21/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

very nice pics, DH :grin: and great finds!

i sure wish it would rain in the seattle area more so things would pop up :mushroom2: its been dry as hell

:sun:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
    #2912204 - 07/21/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I am almost positive that the bolete is the famed Boletus edulis, or some closely related American species. The only thing that keeps from complete assuredness is the impossibility of me smelling it. The smell is not particularly describable, B. edulis simply has a distinguishable smell with the help of which it can be distinguished from other Boletus. What type of tree(s) was it growing under or around?

Notice the light brown cap color, the overall shape of the mushroom in old age, with the plane cap and protruding pores, the gills turning yellow-slightly olive in old age, and the very light brown stalk with delicate white reticulation, especially towards the apex.

Unfortunately these mushrooms are quite often maggot-ridden, especially in the warm summer season. Even some buttons require a knife to clean out maggots from the stalk.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Re: What the rain brought out [Re: kief]
    #2912902 - 07/21/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I think so too, the thing that throws me off about it is the pink stem and multiple flowers. I've seen the pure white ones with one flower per stem (Monotropa uniflora) a few times but never one like that. couldn't find any images that looked like it in a google search so who knows, probly have to take a look at a local wildflower guide.

MM: I'm pretty positive the boletes were not edulis. they were pretty dry when I found them but I could tell that the cap was very viscid when they were fresh, I looked through the keys in mushrooms demystified and couldn't find a match, closest I got was Boletus flaviporus (which aren't as large as what I found) or some type of Suillus. All the B. edulis I've seen had big bulbous stems with obvious reticulation at the top. The ones I found had more even stems and the reticulation/patterning on the upper stem wasn't very obvious like it is on B. edulis. They were found in mixed woodland, mostly pine. I have no doubt they're edible, but they were a bit past their prime so I left em to the squirrels, which had already gone to work on em.

DH

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #2913900 - 07/21/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I like the slime molds. To think that those are living creatures moving about the forest floor blows my mind. Glad you found some mushrooms...This summer reminds me of the last 2. No Rain.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies