Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Contam advice?
    #29088526 -

Hi all, can a more experienced mycologist help me to identify whether or not this is contam? Prior to the blackening, it was a very healthy white mycelium. There are no foul odors. It isn't slimy either. This is APE, originally in an all in one bag, and it's been transferred to an automatic monotub. Humidity and temp levels are in range. If you zoom in, you can see primordial. I feel like growth has stalled. It's been like this for 3 weeks. But I was also told APE takes a very long time and to be patient. Appreciate any advice on this!

Edited by FuN bAgZzZ (01/14/25 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ]
    #29088531 -

Got any pictures?


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088535 -








Sorry I thought i did 😬

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ] * 1
    #29088540 -

What kind of fruiting chamber do you have it in? It looks dry and possibly bacterial as well.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ]
    #29088547 -

This is so dry and has been stalled for so long. Odds aren’t looking great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088548 -

Its in an automated monotub with humidifier and fan. Humidity stays at 95%. Its resting on foil over perlite because water pools at the bottom of the tub and the perlite absorbs it. Temp stays at a solid 73-75 degrees. I open the tub 3-4 times a day for FAE and misting. Cake feels soft to the touch, but not mushy, as it normally should.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ]
    #29088552 -

Its in an automated monotub with humidifier and fan. Humidity stays at 95%. Its resting on foil over perlite because water pools at the bottom of the tub and the perlite absorbs it. Temp stays at a solid 73-75 degrees. I open the tub 3-4 times a day for FAE and misting. Cake feels soft to the touch, but not mushy, as it normally should.
Not sure why it'd dry out? 😭

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ] * 1
    #29088558 -

FuN bAgZzZ said:
Its in an automated monotub with humidifier and fan. Humidity stays at 95%. Its resting on foil over perlite because water pools at the bottom of the tub and the perlite absorbs it. Temp stays at a solid 73-75 degrees. I open the tub 3-4 times a day for FAE and misting. Cake feels soft to the touch, but not mushy, as it normally should.



Those pre-bought automated tubs are mostly garbage. At least once a month we have People trying to use one And having it fail.

A monotub with a properly hydrated substrate is already automated without any fancy machines.

For your specific grow here It might be worthwhile to soak it overnight And then put it in something like this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26601054/fpart/1/vc/1

Before you spend any more money you should probably have a read through this guide:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28501533#ch5

Start by just reading it top to bottom. And then spend the next week or two reading all of the linked articles as well. It will give you a better idea of how to have a successful grow


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088561 -

This is solid info. I'll look into it thoroughly. Appreciate the advice. I hope I can save these lil guys 😭 Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ] * 1
    #29088894 -

you know what id do? id punish that sombitch and get it into a proper water tub.  shotgun fruiting chambers are kinda obsolete.  people use watertubs now for fruiting. personally i like tub with half a brick of hydrated coir.. works fuckin great

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28719976/fpart/1/vc/1

you need to get a new surface on it . need to get it fuzzy again and then get proper surface conditions.  fuzzy and sparkly.  this is the way.

Edited by BeefExtreme (01/14/25 07:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29088910 -

I smell like beef


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29088915 -

I like your style!! Had me laughing. Always love a star wars reference.

So per suggestion of a previous reply, that's exactly what I'm doing. She's drowning in water for 24 hours, then getting wrapped in coir.

Never done this before. I'm super new at this. But I'm glad to say I did have a successful grow with GT!

Man I know the people in Shroomery have the true knowledge. I just have such difficulties navigating through these forums. I was never a forum guy. In fact, they even have a thread here on how to use the shroomery forum 🤪

After the dunk, wrap in coir and into a shoebox with 1 inch water.

Hope this works man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ] * 1
    #29088942 -

tellin you pardner:  blast that shit.  your surface is matted.  we gotta get it fuzzed.  blast it then you could roll it in hydrated coir.  then yes into a water tub. 

can someone post the watertub thread? i cant find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29088946 -

BeefSupremeJr said:
tellin you pardner:  blast that shit.  your surface is matted.  we gotta get it fuzzed.  blast it then you could roll it in hydrated coir.  then yes into a water tub. 

can someone post the watertub thread? i cant find it.



Yup, I posed it in one of my replies above.

For clarification, what beef means by punishing it is using one of those kitchen sprayers to spray the ever loving shit out of it so the surface layer is blasted off. Beef likes to go all 50 shades on his subs. Hehe

Not sure what you can use if you don't have one.

Alternates might be covered in Beef's thread here:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28719976/fpart/1/vc/1


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Edited by PuffM4gicDr4gon (01/14/25 07:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088956 -

Oh wait I'm glad you clarified that. You mean to actually blast off the existing mycelium???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29088958 -

Lol this is why I shy away from forums. Difficult to navigate!

OK I'm blasting away and I'm standing by for water tub tek info.

The earlier post from puff mentioned coir then water tek. Is this it?

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28501533#ch5

At least, it seems to briefly mention how to use water tek I think.

Basically in a shoebox or bin, elevated, in 1 inch of water, yes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ]
    #29088965 -

FuN bAgZzZ said:
The earlier post from puff mentioned coir then water tek. Is this it?

At least, it seems to briefly mention how to use water tek I think.

Basically in a shoebox or bin, elevated, in 1 inch of water, yes?



Yup. This is the link to the guide for the water tub, it was the first URL in my previous comment:
Water Tub

I should probably start using hyperlinks rather than just the URL. Sorry for the confusion.


--------------------
I've got skills, they don't know where to use me
I'm like the best dressed guy at the nude beach
Nice to meet you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: FuN bAgZzZ]
    #29088966 -

yep.  matted myc will never fruit. 

yep thats how you do a water tub but like i said,  i actually like using coir better. just take half a brick, bucket tek it to field cap, pack it into a tub (around 16qt tub) and then just drop that badboy in there after you roll it in that same hyrdrated coir. that should get you some
boomers friendo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: BeefExtreme] * 1
    #29088967 -

whatll happen is, it going to colonize the coir layer, then it should fuzz up.  then it should sweat and sparkle on its own.  we just want it sparkly sweaty.  if the droplets start getting too big, crack the lid or melt some holes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam advice? [Re: PuffM4gicDr4gon]
    #29088972 -

OK thanks a lot for all the info. Man! I was feeling so confident after successful GT. But APE reminded me I'm still a young padwan.

If you don't mind, I'm going to post progress in here just to make sure I didn't EFF something up further.

Love this community man. ❤️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Casing contam (grey spots) rescue solution? Kertiner 2,973 4 01/02/04 10:02 AM
by Suntzu
* Outdoor Advice..update. Jrasc5 1,147 5 09/07/02 09:22 AM
by Jrasc5
* contam or piss? MilkVein 937 5 03/03/04 07:49 AM
by MilkVein
* Flushing / Time - Ideas please Fyresong 1,244 9 06/17/03 10:57 PM
by Fyresong
* In search of the elusive 3rd flush jimsuzo 2,686 7 04/20/03 10:24 PM
by jakeholman
* First Flush / EQ's 2 jars Coco Coir / 38g wet Squeeky 1,280 8 07/03/02 12:39 AM
by Terrarium_Guy
* help with possible contam id underground 938 3 11/20/03 02:55 PM
by MAIA
* The Mycelium Rescue Mission! Gthirteens 1,511 5 01/08/03 11:18 AM
by Zero7a1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,284 topic views. 11 members, 182 guests and 199 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.