Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
couple more dumb questions for the resident n00b
    #2908327 - 07/20/04 01:57 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Ok (1) i'm using a small rubbermaid container with a cicular hepa patch cutnd glued in the side for good constant air exchange,, I'm using perlite and dont see that much condinsation being built up, I do have a some what cheap hygrometer in there, and it says 92 for overall humidity, but I dont have much condinsation. little on the sides, but thats about it, is this normal for perlite or should I be seeing more condinsation? I have about 2 inchs ofperlite in the bottom with about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch of standing water.

(2) I dunk'd and rolled, dunked for 12 hours and rolled in verm, and misted verm, how wet do you want the verm to be? soaked or damp or what? I fear I might not have wet the verm enough, but I am seeing growth on the top where the verm was wet the most I belive. Will they be ok or do i need to take some sort of action?

(3) and last one I promise so what is the average time after a dunk and roll will you start to see pinning?

Thanks all for your help in advance and putting up with my n00b questions THANKS ALL  :tongue2:

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: couple more dumb questions for the resident n00b [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2908499 - 07/20/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Here are some quick answers for ya.

1. Sounds like you are ok to me on the RH. It is likely that the cheap hygrometer you are using is somewhat inaccurate but we'll talk about that in a minute. As for the lack of condensation..Many people incorrectly assume that the pressence of condensation is a good way of roughly judging the presence of high humidity,but this is just not true. Although humidity in the high range usually causes condensation it is not always the case because the formation of the condensation is very dependant on temperature factors of the room the container is in and the temps within the container. It the two are pretty much the same then you will not see much condensation at all even though you may have an Rh of 90%. ---As far as your cheap hygrometer just put it into a ziplock with a teaspoon of salt and the humidity inside should level off at about75%,if the hygrometer says 85% then you know that it is reading 10% high and you adjust from now on by subtracting 10 from the reading.

2. You want the verm moistened to the point where it is nice and wet but not puddling water that you can see on the surface.

3. Usually in about a week,but sometimes as long as two weeks or even as early as a few days once you initiate fruiting conditions.

Hope this helps and good luck to ya!
MYKEY

OfflineMcKennaFan
I like loudsilences
Re: couple more dumb questions for the resident n00b [Re: Mykey]
    #2908609 - 07/20/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Thanks MyKey that helps, and actually after closer inspection of the cake I saw a nice size pin comming up so mabye I'm not to bad after all.

One more question during the day the temp is good from about 72* -75* but at night it does fall below the 70's should this be a concern or no?

thanks again for all the help

--------------------
Anything I might post on this site is fictional, the only knowledge I have is from reading post's on this site. I do not conduct any illegal activites whatsoever in any way.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: couple more dumb questions for the resident n00b [Re: McKennaFan]
    #2908965 - 07/20/04 04:55 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Try and keep it in the 70s if possiable but if it's not dropping that far below 70 it won't be that big a deal.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: HEPA Filter, Hygrometer, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation